Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Jam #83 Never to old to rock

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by roger@pennyflic, Apr 8, 2018.

1. Alan L Cole

Alan L Cole Strat-O-Master

Jan 29, 2018
    NY
    What the ... Why you son of a #@$#@!@##$:whistling:. God, how you made me laugh! :D

roger@pennyflic likes this.

2. Alan L Cole

Alan L Cole Strat-O-Master

Jan 29, 2018
    NY
    Sorry to hear that @Thrup'ny Bit. That sucks. Hope things improve if possible.

3. joe_cpwe

joe_cpwe Senior Stratmaster

Jul 21, 2015
    USA
    It's been a while since I've joined in the fun. I took a few swings at it and soon gained even more respect for Angus as he's always able to make simple chord progressions like this work so well.
    Anyway, sort of a dreadful bit but that's what Monday' are for I guess. :thumb:

roger@pennyflic and Alan L Cole like this.

4. montemerrick

montemerrick spiritual birthday, April 1 Strat-Talk Supporter

my condolences. thats an ephed up place to be... just so you know. you don't suck by a mile.

5. roger@pennyflic

roger@pennyflic Strat-O-Master

Jul 4, 2013
    melbourne
    More critiquing....

@joe_cpwe : Well this track was "for those about to rock". We don't want any "Riff Raff" here so I have to say your take was "T.N.T". But remember Joe, "If you want blood" it's "a long way to the top" and we are living in a "Dog eat Dog" world. Never the less that was pretty "High Voltage"

joe_cpwe likes this.

6. Believer7713

Believer7713 Senior Stratmaster Silver Member

Dec 27, 2016
    US
    I didn't even know there was one posted until just now. I had to look it up. Hopefully I won't be too tired after pouring concrete all day to give it a whirl this evening.

7. Ebidis

Ebidis Providing the world with flat bends since 1985 Strat-Talk Supporter

Nov 14, 2013
    Alabama
    Here is the world premier of my new Gretsch through my new Bassbreaker 15 amp. Just using my Way Huge Aqua-Puss analog delay into the front end of the amp for a little ambience.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2018
    Strats4me, duzie, mjark and 4 others like this.

8. joe_cpwe

joe_cpwe Senior Stratmaster

Jul 21, 2015
    USA
    I guess I'm so OCDC that I decided to delete my other take from Youtube and go with this that I'd recorded before it. Simple but a little more listenable(?).
    AND... as a tribute to this sparsely attended jam track I'm going to go outside and talk to myself. :thumb:

Last edited: Apr 10, 2018
    Strats4me, duzie, mjark and 3 others like this.

9. Bob the builder

Bob the builder Senior Stratmaster

May 2, 2016
    Cranston, Rhode Island
    Looks like you're enjoying that new baby

Ebidis likes this.

10. roger@pennyflic

Jul 4, 2013
    melbourne
    More critiquing....

@Ebidis : Well that was my "Rock'n'Roll dream" Maybe we should "Cover you in oil" cuz man what a "Meltdown". You were "Burning Alive"

@joe_cpwe : Please refer above

joe_cpwe and Ebidis like this.

11. mjark

mjark Senior Stratmaster

Jul 15, 2015
    Maryland

12. roger@pennyflic

Jul 4, 2013
    melbourne
    more critiquin'

Well @mjark, you certainly brought "the Honey Roll" and raised that another "Decibel" or two. It sounded like you were "Spoiling for a Fight" on a track where "Anything goes".:thumb::thumb::thumb:

edit: Hey, I'm gettin' pretty good at this :whistling::whistling::whistling:

13. montemerrick

just putting this here because it was suggested by @roger@pennyflic at the end of the 82nd jam thread for #84 as payment of some weird deal he has with @Ebidis that is between them so keep your nose out of what dont concern you. alright?

in any case here it is...

roger@pennyflic likes this.

14. montemerrick

here's another, same backer maker, hendrix-ish you might say, fewer so-called chords...

duzie likes this.

15. bluestringer

bluestringer Strat-Talker

Jul 4, 2013
    South Georgia
    Trying one more time to get us back on the Jam.

montemerrick likes this.

16. duzie

duzie Strat-O-Master Strat-Talk Supporter

May 1, 2016
    northwest nj
    Nice track roger !
    I kind of just doubled what you were playing and threw in some lame licks!
    Boy the people who participated in this one really posted some killer tracks !

17. montemerrick

the pink floydish one was rejected from the challenge for being not challenging enough... so it was proposed here by roger... people can propose anything... i think those elevated jam tracks are a little bit full of themselves with those chord changes... probably do just fine with g minor pentatonic for the whole song... there's never going to be agreement over what constitutes light enough fare for the jam... i'd be happy to play on any of these... ... and yours and the hendrix one i suggested are both straight up blues. E and G

i'm happy to go with yours, but i think we're doing a pretty fair job of keeping the jams accessible... last week's was a thunder rock thing that doesn't suit me at all (sorry ac/dc fans... they just never were my cup of tea so i've got nothing to add to them... wouldn't know how to start), but i don't think it was outside of jam parameters...

Last edited: Apr 15, 2018
    duzie likes this.

18. duzie

duzie Strat-O-Master Strat-Talk Supporter

May 1, 2016
    northwest nj
    I for one consider this track to be in the realm of the “jams” not all of them are my cup of tea either .
    I think that having a variety of genres is a good thing .
    Having a steady diet of the same ol same ol gets stale after awhile!
    Just my opinion of course.

roger@pennyflic and montemerrick like this.

19. montemerrick

well, you know i really didn't like saying i couldn't do nothing with this... so i decided to prove i could do nothing wth it.. and i did! (i think) Thanks for the track @roger@pennyflic - that was a fun workout!! took me a lot longer than i'd care to go into before i realized that not knowing a thing about Angus Young was pretty much going to stop me from trying to sound like him... i can remember riffs and highway to hell... (okay i just went and watched the original clip for Highway to Hell... that freakin rocks..)

20. bluestringer

bluestringer Strat-Talker

Jul 4, 2013
    South Georgia
    I agree with you Monte. I couldn't do anything with this weeks either, but I'm not very good with any of them anyway. Sounds like you did a good job with it. I just thought going back to an easy 3 chord backing may pull in some new beginners or such. It really doesn't matter with me, like I said I'm not very good. If I can get something down I will, but if I can't I just wait till the next one. I will probably not get anything done this next week anyway as I have another kidney stone procedure Monday. I probably will not feel like doing much the rest of the week.

montemerrick likes this.