Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Just ordered a new peavey valve king mh

Discussion in 'Amp Input - Normal or Bright' started by flynnstone, Dec 21, 2015.

1. flynnstone

flynnstone Strat-O-Master

Oct 28, 2013
    wisconsin
    As the title states after watching quite a few YouTube video decided to pull the trigger on one.I like that it can vary wattage. And at least in the videos I thought it sounded absolutely great. We'll see how I feel once it's here .

2. Willie D

Willie D Senior Stratmaster

Should be great! Let us know!

3. north east al

north east al Strat-Talk Member

Sep 29, 2011
    Hartlepool, England
    Great little amp. Had mine a year and am only selling it as I have just got a Laney Lionheart. Bit more gain than I like in the drive channel, and I'm not getting to really push it as I only play at home. Tons of featured too. You won't be disappointed.

4. Greg Salenco

Greg Salenco Strat-Talker

Dec 19, 2015
    Albuquerque
    I will check it out. The egnater rebel 20, you can vary the wattage and go between american tubes & british tubes.Good luck with your new amp

5. The-Kid

The-Kid Senior Stratmaster

Feb 15, 2014
    SO CAL USA
    Well if you dont dig it to much you could always send it back for a 6505 mini......

Otherwise goodluck and hope you enjoy it.

6. highwayman

highwayman Strat-Talker

May 31, 2010
    ny
    Wow , that 6505/mini sounds killer.I wonder if you can get any kind of decent clean tone out of it?

7. richardmac

richardmac Strat-Talker

Mar 31, 2007
    Florida
    The microhead is a great amp. More gain than anyone needs. Clean sounds good. I love mine. Only complaint is that it's tough to get a just starting to break up crunch sound on the dirty channel. With the knob on 1 it's still a bit too overdriven. Easy to solve by putting a pedal in front of it. The xlr direct out for recording is very usable.

8. shovelmike

shovelmike Senior Stratmaster

Sep 26, 2013
    Missouri
    I am a fan of amps on which the wattage is variable
    I like Peaveys, but decided I just had to have a Hughes and Kettner Tubemeister 18.

savofenno likes this.

9. The-Kid

Feb 15, 2014
    SO CAL USA

Yeah it can get good cleans.

Surprisingly it has a pretty good clean tone and does those just about to break up tones damn well too.

Tried one the other day at a GC and through 412 and was really impressed.

10. Boris Bubbanov

Boris Bubbanov Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

I still have two Peavey Classic 50 2x12s. Very happy with them, I'd replace them with used Classic 50s if something happened to them.......

But there's nothing on this Earth you could do to get me to buy a new Peavey product.

11. The-Kid

Feb 15, 2014
    SO CAL USA
    Whats wrong with a 3120?....

Or a 6505.....?

Why no like?

12. quiggy2512wifee

quiggy2512wifee Strat-O-Master

Aug 18, 2015
    glasgow
    i'
    I've blown 2 Valveking II 100w both died within 4 weeks of each other, 1st one was running with volume on 4 when it popped and the second was at night time volume and also destroyed itself so i got rid and went with Engl. I got the 1st VK repaired and within a few days it had gone again so it was scrapped, will never buy another new Peavey product in my life.

13. DaddyRabbit

DaddyRabbit Strat-Talker

Mar 3, 2014
    USA
    I have the 20w combo and it sounds great. The reverb kinda' blows but I have a Hall Of Fame for that. I play mostly clean and in the house. The built in attenuator and speaker sim or USB port is VERY useful for home recording and the fact that there is a built in dummy load so you can go silent if need be and still play is cool. TBH, while it is a new Peavey product (and I am waiting for it to blow up ;) ) it actually is, certainly for the price, one of the more feature laden tube amps available IMO.

14. Lonn

Lonn Administrator Staff Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Admin Post
    I've owned a couple of the VK112 models recently and wouldn't hesitate to get another. Only sold them because I got some stupid deals on other amps and don't need a room full of amps.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2015

15. flynnstone

Oct 28, 2013
    wisconsin
    Haven't got it yet . But it did come with a 5 yr factory warranty. So if it does blow up it will be going back . The features are one the main draws for me . Can go from home use wattage to small club . And I like the idea of having different cabs . I have a 412 and a 212 now . Might build a 112 . I had a class A tube crate v18 212 combo . Sounded great but just didn't have as the features. And she's a lil heavy . For hauling around. Now I can leave cabs and just grab the head and my board .

16. The-Kid

Feb 15, 2014
    SO CAL USA
    Congrats then man IMO the Valveking especially this new one is dope and have always been workhorses.

I like them better than Classic 30s cuz they arent burried in dry mids, I like em better than the HRD. And the price is great too.

Way better than the Cratw V18, I had one and that kind of sucked. Even with a Tone Tubby in it, it was just junk.

17. flynnstone

Oct 28, 2013
    wisconsin
    Missed delivery on Thursday.:'( so now gotta wait til Monday. I actually really liked my crate . Took pedals awesome. Had a nice warm clean. The main thing I was interested in was the lower wattage settings so I can get the tubes cooking easily at lower volume. And I like the idea of a loop . The crate didn't have one or I probably would have kept it . I also liked all the recording features available on the new valve king head . The YouTube video by Rob Chapman for this amp really sold me . Granted he can make anything sound good but the tones are there .

18. flynnstone

Oct 28, 2013
    wisconsin
    Pacing the floor staring out the window waiting for the ups truck like a expecting dad . Lol

19. flynnstone

Oct 28, 2013
    wisconsin
    This amp is just awesome! Super happy with my choice. Easy to get great tone with multiple guitars . Pedals sound great . The loop is nice to have. The only thing is I thought after reading the peavey website I was under the impression that the foot switch came with . It did not . The drive channel sounds great. The reverb sounds good . Gonna order a custom foot switch so everything is foot switchable channels, boost ,loop and reverb.

20. flynnstone

Oct 28, 2013
    wisconsin

Attached Files:

Paperback Rocker likes this.