Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Just ordered a new peavey valve king mh

Discussion in 'Amp Input - Normal or Bright' started by flynnstone, Dec 21, 2015.

1. Duff1

Duff1 Strat-Talker

Nice video, I dug that. I would like to see a similar one with commonly available current production tubes.

It was cool within its own comparison's though.

Thanks.

2. flynnstone

flynnstone Strat-O-Master

Oct 28, 2013
    wisconsin
    Got all mine all sorted out. I also have started running a fan on mine to help keep it cool

3. Duff1

Duff1 Strat-Talker

El84s run really hot.

I like the sound of the JJ's and the notes have very nice decay.

4. esseff

esseff Strat-Talk Member

Dec 19, 2017
    Australia
    I just got a VK20mh too. It's got a lot of great tones but I have issues with it that detract from its usability.

I find the volume difference between the clean and drive channel, impossible to balance. The boost button is also bit too much boost.

Also, I can't get a good EQ that works for both channels. The drive channel is way too bright when I get the clean channel sounding nice.

Am I doing something wrong or is it just a, one channel at a time amp?

I'm also surprised by how quiet it is even in 20 watt mode. Especially on the clean channel. Can't keep up with my 15 watt Fender Blues Junior.

I do love the look, size and individual sounds so I'm a bit sad it is not really usable switching between channels during a performance.

If anyone knows of a mod to warm up the drive channel only, that might solve my main issues. I've done soldering mods before so comfortable pulling it apart.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2018

5. esseff

esseff Strat-Talk Member

Dec 19, 2017
    Australia

6. esseff

esseff Strat-Talk Member

Dec 19, 2017
    Australia
    It turns out that my amp is faulty. I'm actually very relieved that it may not be such a bad amp after all.

I turned it on today, and for no apparent reason the clean channel was twice as loud as before and sounded great! When I switched to the drive channel it had now lost 50% of it's volume. Weird? Then after turning it off and on it went back to the clean being way under powered and the drive very loud.

Anyway I have sent it back and will see how the new one goes.

7. The-Kid

The-Kid Senior Stratmaster

Feb 15, 2014
    SO CAL USA
    Surprisingly you can. Pretty dark cleans but they are usable and sound decent IMO.