Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Just sold a Strat I really liked

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by crashbelt, Sep 13, 2018.

1. crashbelt

crashbelt Strat-Talker

Feb 27, 2012
    England
    I've sold plenty I didn't care about much but today for the first time sold one I really liked.
    20170618_101802.jpg
    It's a 2014 60th Anniversary US Standard which I personally chose from several in the shop. Compound radius board, great pups, beautiful ash body etc.

Didn't particularly need the cash, but it just wasn't being used so it had to go to someone who will play it. Sounds obvious but it was still a wrench to let it go:oops:.

Decent guy so I'm pleased I've done it.

Only problem is my wife's now asking about the other 20:eek:. Gibson CS356 could be next but that will be much harder.

2. Stratimimus

Stratimimus Strat-Talk Member

Aug 19, 2018
    Canton, Ohio
    Same thing happened to me with the Strat in my avatar. Oh well. It happens, and I've got others.

crashbelt and Yaralag like this.

3. Athanasios

Athanasios Strat-O-Master

Mar 23, 2018
    Greece
    Yeap...and cant find another like that...
    But there are far more serious problems in our lives ;)

brians and crashbelt like this.

4. Hendrixlvr

Hendrixlvr Strat-O-Master

Jul 8, 2016
    Mississauga
    Yea I’m in the same dilemma right now. I have one of those new Hendrix Monterey Strats that has been up in the closet in its case for 6 months....never played it, and put it away and honestly don’t miss it buuuut I just can’t quite bring myself to be able to part with it. Maybe when the time is right I’ll find someone who wants it. My wife will kill me though. It’s her fav that I own...

Btw, that one you got rid of is GORGEOUS!

crashbelt likes this.

5. CephasG

CephasG Strat-O-Master

Dec 13, 2017
    Land of Lincoln
    Been there, done that. Still regret it. Yet, it's just an object, beloved, but just an object... or so I keep telling myself.

Athanasios, brians and crashbelt like this.

6. jpjr50

jpjr50 Strat-O-Master

Jun 3, 2016
    Florida
    I sold a 2016 Gibson Les Paul Traditional in Honey Burst and a 2010 Fender Telecaster FSR 1 of 200 made in Copper Burst.

Talk about painful but my kid wanted to a project car with me so since these would generate so much needed cash I sold them.

I only have one guitar now, 2012 Artic White HSS Strat rosewood board and Suhr Pickups with tricked out electronics. This guitar can do what both the Les Paul and Tele can do so it made it better.

Since you have plenty I'm sure you'll be fine. If you weren't using it then its' okay.

fattboyzz, Athanasios and crashbelt like this.

7. brians

brians Senior Stratmaster

Nov 28, 2016
    ZA
    Yep been there, I still regret selling a Fender Strat, and I miss it a lot, it really hurt as I sold it to finance a guitar I really really wanted, and that fell through,so I sold too quick and the one I wanted never materialized to fill the space. To this day I haven't found what I want, and am still searching. Good ones are hard to get here at a reasonable price. I wouldn't normally choose gold hardware but that looked fantastic. Anyway they just guitars and sounds like you well stocked, it's a good reason to start a long careful search for another ???

crashbelt and Athanasios like this.

8. Will Lefeurve

Will Lefeurve Senior Stratmaster

Mar 1, 2016
    England & France
    Get rid of the lot and take up ballet.. guitarists are so 19th Century.. :rolleyes:

Don't tell this lot on here though.. they all still think they're cool... :whistling:

Ebidis, crashbelt and Athanasios like this.

9. Athanasios

Mar 23, 2018
    Greece
    Even worse is searching for THE strat not finding it but in between having tried a medium priced basswood axe that keeps giving you wet dreams....

crashbelt and brians like this.

10. brians

brians Senior Stratmaster

Nov 28, 2016
    ZA
    There is a lot of truth in that. My best right now is a humble Bullet.

Athanasios and johnnymg like this.

11. Athanasios

Mar 23, 2018
    Greece
    It s so bad when you cant justify spending cash...my buddy now has my bullet for a motorhead cover band.He says that this guitar gives him the sound he wants that his 2.700€ les paul cant give him...go figure....

brians likes this.

12. Count Glockula®

Count Glockula® Strat-O-Master

Aug 16, 2009
    Fenderland, CA
    How much did you let it go for? That's definitely hard to let go.

13. crawdaddy

crawdaddy Senior Stratmaster

Feb 11, 2010
    Valley o Sun

Who wants a piece o bacon??????

miss-piggy.jpg

14. LOSTVENTURE

LOSTVENTURE Strat-O-Master

Jun 15, 2007
    CHARLOTTE, NC
    I currently have a dozen Strats, mostly AVRI. They don't all get played a lot, but are there when I feel the need. One reason for keeping them is that the replacement cost is not something that I would want to deal with.

15. circles

circles Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

I had two guitars I miss. On well. I've got two I like.

fattboyzz likes this.

16. Rastus

Rastus Senior Stratmaster

Jan 1, 2014
    Australia
    Hide the other guitars away !!! ( Or see how much you can get for your wife )...

You don't want this sad event to snowball into many other similar events !

crashbelt likes this.

17. ZlurkCorzDog

ZlurkCorzDog A Real Nowhere Man Strat-Talk Supporter

Jan 20, 2012
    Not On Cloud 9
    Sounds like my kind of stable. :thumb:

Will Lefeurve likes this.

18. errikwong

errikwong Strat-Talker

Mar 11, 2018
    Singapore
    Whenever I put a guitar up for sale, it's because I've already gone through the process of giving it due attention and time spent to confirm that the love has gone.

All except for one. I had to sell it for rent money, and it was my first strat. Still pine for it once in a while.

19. Dreadge

Dreadge Strat-Talker

Jul 27, 2012
    Serbia
    Yup, been there couple of times my man!