Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Just sold a Strat I really liked

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by crashbelt, Sep 13, 2018.

1. enchantpth44

enchantpth44 Strat-Talker

Jun 29, 2018
    Canada
    Couldn't ve liked it that much if you don't play it.

2. crashbelt

crashbelt Strat-Talker

Feb 27, 2012
    England
    You're right but these things are relative. I really did like the one I just sold but it couldn't compete for my attention against my blond 74 and CAR 65:D. 20180914_085659.jpg

3. Wrighty

Wrighty Senior Stratmaster

Mar 7, 2013
    Harlow, Essex, UK
    Why sell a guitar you really like rather than play it more?

4. crashbelt

crashbelt Strat-Talker

Feb 27, 2012
    England
    Good question.

It would have been played more but for competition with the other 2 Strats, 2 Teles, 3 Les Pauls, 3 SGs, 2 335s, 1 345, 1 175, 1 Elec 12, 1 356, acoustics, mandolins, keyboards, grand pianos etc etc.

Even though I play them all, and rotate them for gigs, there are just too many to all get used enough. So I guess that when you get to a certain number some will end up rarely played and either are kept in their cases or moved on.

To use the cliché, it's a 'first world problem', there are only enough hours in the day to keep a certain number of instruments regularly played and I've exceeded that number for me.

So fond farewell 60th Anniversary Strat:thumb:.

5. Wrighty

Wrighty Senior Stratmaster

Mar 7, 2013
    Harlow, Essex, UK
    Yep, get that.

crashbelt likes this.
  6. anderz

anderz Senior Stratmaster

May 4, 2014
    Denmark
    I sold the right 2 Stratocasters and the right one left became the keeper.

No regrets ever for ex gear.

7. RobZ69

RobZ69 Strat-O-Master

Apr 22, 2017
    The Netherlands
    I don't sell guitars. I buy them... occasionally.
    Therefor, I can't relate.

<beep...beep> "Don't give me your problems!"
    ;)

8. Sarnodude

Sarnodude Senior Stratmaster

Sep 26, 2015
    Mukilteo
    If I ever buy another maple neck strat, a 60th Anniversary guitar will be on my short list. Beautifully built.

crashbelt likes this.
  9. fmunoz

fmunoz Strat-Talker

Mar 30, 2013
    USA
    Do you mind sharing what you sold it for? I have the exact same problem with exactly the same model....

crashbelt likes this.
  10. UmpaHimself

UmpaHimself Strat-O-Master

Jul 16, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Ah, so hard to do. I have an ‘05 gold top that I love, but it’s so heavy it hurts my back after a short while. Still can’t bring myself to get rid of it

11. Will Lefeurve

Will Lefeurve Senior Stratmaster

Mar 1, 2016
    England & France
    Yeah.. I've only had one AVRI (now sold) a 57. I've played quite a few though, and I must say they're the best crafted Fenders I've come across in all the time I've been playing, and that's 50 years.. I've played just about everything they've made too.. high end, low end, bargain basement.. the AVRI's are very well put together guitars.. :thumb:

12. Groovey

Groovey Most Honored Senior Member

Nov 17, 2016
    NC. USA

Me three...

I'm gonna take it off the market. Keep it. It's a beauty!!

13. crashbelt

crashbelt Strat-Talker

Feb 27, 2012
    England
    I'm happy to share that - it went for £785 on eBay. A bit under what I expected as it's in nearly new condition with all case candy (I hate that expression:mad:).

Collection only, and my bad photography didn't help. But not a huge hit on what I paid new so that's ok.

fmunoz likes this.
  14. brians

brians Senior Stratmaster

Nov 28, 2016
    ZA
    There's truth in this statement indeed, but sometimes you only miss something when you can't have it it. Life's lesson #4371

15. enchantpth44

enchantpth44 Strat-Talker

Jun 29, 2018
    Canada
    I would say that is purely a trick of perception, if you kindof/maybe/sorta think you want some Item, and then it sells out really fast before you realize it, it just makes you want it more.... Because it appears that other people want it. in fact, it is extremely difficult to sell things that "no one really wants"....these are the items that people perceive as "unwantable", yet take it off the shelf for a couple days, and that person who passed by a few times glancing at it, will wonder, "hmm where did that go? someone must ve wanted it"

The mere act of "selling" something, intrinsically makes you want it more, because the mere fact that you sold it, means someone (other than you) "wanted" it. And because someone "Wants" it, it becomes a "wantable" item. Yet before you decided to sell it, you made a conclusion that you didn't want it.

So you then concluded that even if you didn't want it, someone else could possibly want it. And if you didn't think that, then you would just give it away for free. Yet you sell it, and now you say want it....?

Be glad that someone else wanted it, and wants it more than you. Nothing can give you a greater pleasure.

brians likes this.
  16. brians

brians Senior Stratmaster

Nov 28, 2016
    ZA
    Got you ( I think )

17. CyFan4036

CyFan4036 Strat-Talker

Mar 22, 2018
    Iowa
    Make certain your wife knows that you are in charge...no means no!! When are women finally going to understand that? Gesh! :rolleyes:

18. himijendrix

himijendrix Senior Stratmaster

May 2, 2012
    Barrow Upon Soar, UK
    I've only ever sold one strat, a deluxe with a quilted maple top which I took a dislike to purely on looks.

The other 3 are still with me, but I'm thinking of letting one go to free up a bit of space.

19. fmunoz

fmunoz Strat-Talker

Mar 30, 2013
    USA
    Thanks, my sense is that thy are worth more than that, so I guess I’ll wait till my wife makes me sell one ;-)

20. crashbelt

crashbelt Strat-Talker

Feb 27, 2012
    England
    I agree - the buyer probably got a good deal - but that's ok for me. You should do a bit better than that!