Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Kim Mitchell

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by terminal3, Feb 19, 2009.

1. terminal3

terminal3 Strat-Talker

Aug 2, 2008
    London, UK
    Any fans?

In '81 with Max Webster he was playing a Strat with PAFs live...

Through the 80's/into now with his solo career I believe his guitar was a bastardised something-or-other with a Strat body but I have no idea what the neck was...

Anyway, he's an underrated player at worst and a genius at best when it comes to guitar playing!

YouTube - Kim Mitchell - Go For Soda

Nick-O likes this.

2. thaus

thaus Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Jul 6, 2007
    London Canada
    Yes, big fan of Kims. I studied music production with Jack Richardson and I remember him telling me that the most talented guitar player in Canada was Kim. Played a lot of session stuff that no one knows about; extremely versatile and just try playing that opening riff to Go For Soda!!

3. Percy

Percy Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Way old thread but I heard Kim Mitchell suffered a heart attack.......Get well soon....

4. LPBlue

LPBlue "That Guy", again...dammit! Strat-Talk Supporter

Jul 19, 2012
    Canada, near the other end
    Yes, just a couple of days ago but he underwent surgery and is said to be doing well...up and about in a couple of months:thumb:

J.R.

5. aiabx

aiabx Strat-O-Master

Nov 27, 2013
    Toronto
    I was a big fan of Max Webster but didn't really care for his solo work. I hope he has a quick and complete recovery though.

6. golfnut

golfnut Strat-Talk Member

Feb 14, 2018
    Canada
    I just saw Kim Mitchell live at Cosmofest. Cosmos is a music store in Richmond Hill, Ontario that throws a free concert once a year. This year was Big Wreck, Kim Mitchell, April Wine and Biff Naked,
    Anyway I saw Kim Mitchell playing a strat that looked like it had a tele neck. Anyone know anything about this guitar? Did Fender ever release something like this or is it likely something Kim did?

Nick-O and ocean like this.

7. Chasy

Chasy Strat-Talk Member

Jun 7, 2018
    Danbury CT
    OMG, I can smell the rotten flesh, even after five years. Off to research Wasaga Beach in my borrowed shoes.

aiabx likes this.

8. Jimi Lightning

Jimi Lightning Senior Stratmaster

Dec 21, 2016
    Ontario, Canada
    Max Webster was huge for me back in the day but not really a fan of the solo work. I have a,all the Max Webster albums but no solo stuf. Hope he is doing well.

Albeit a sidetrack I would venture that one of the most under rated guitar players here in Canada has to be Frank Marino both solo and with Mahogany Rush.
    In the modern age I Would say Phillip Sayce is up there with The Greats as well.

9. rudos1

rudos1 Senior Stratmaster

Aug 16, 2013
    Boston
    WAs he the "Might as well go for a soda" song guy?