Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Korean Squier Strat

Discussion in 'Squier Strat Forum' started by AndyD, Oct 15, 2017.

Tags:
  1. AndyD

AndyD New Member!

Mar 20, 2017
    Scotland, UK
    Hello Hello, I’ve only ever owned Mexican Guitars, but I desperately want a white strat. Upon looking, I found a Squier Korean Strat, serial number E10. From the research I’ve done, it was made 1987/1988 and is in great condition. The guy has replaced the bridge pickup with a Seymour Duncan Humbucker and is asking £200 for it. I’ve not go any experience with Korean Strats but does this seem worth it? And how do these compare to Mexican/American Strats?

Cheers!

2. Guitarmageddon

Guitarmageddon Squier-a-holic Strat-Talk Supporter

Apr 19, 2014
    Windsor, Ontario, Canada
    That is worth it, these are a solid wood laminate body with solid alder core and maple cap on the back and front....basswood body, ceramic pickups.....excellent neck....

It would be on par to a high end Squier from today, or a MIM Standard....in that range....

3. fattboyzz

fattboyzz Strat-Talker Strat-Talk Supporter

Sep 24, 2017
    Sharpsburg ,Ga.
    I recently picked up one of these Korean Squiers from a local shop. Its a 50th anniversary edition. I got a great deal on it and it plays ok as is. The bridge pickup has been replaced and actually sounds pretty good , but a good cleaning ,new strings, setup and tuning aught to have it sounding great :0).

I got it to have as a truckocaster. It goes anywhere I go .

Came with a Fender gig bag for $65 :0)

4. Theleman

Theleman Strat-Talk Member

Sep 19, 2017
    shed
    I have a Korean Made 1990s Strat copy, and it is really nice. Very well made and plays easy. Tone is great too.

5. hamfisted

hamfisted Strat-Talker

Sep 19, 2014
    Texas
    I have two- both are Squier II's. Great necks. Don't let the plywood body deter you. A friend of mine who has played all his life and owned a ton of strats loves mine.

fattboyzz likes this.

6. balston11

balston11 Senior Stratmaster Strat-Talk Supporter

May 8, 2013
    Preston UK
    Not all MIK squiers are the same the E10 (and the E7s)has a laminate body not plywood like some of the MIKs I think the price is topside but reasonable there are two E10s I think a 50s and a 60s both are nice guitars. The quality will not disappoint.

7. jak_E_lee

jak_E_lee Strat-Talk Member

Jul 18, 2017
    Northern Ireland
    i have a 92 mik......and its about to become my main gig guitar because it is that good

8. balston11

May 8, 2013
    Preston UK
    Yes I had an early 90s one and it was very good didn't feel quite the quality of my E10 though both now sold.

9. Deschain

Deschain Strat-Talk Member

Jun 23, 2017
    Denmark
    I think £200 is a little too much.

If you can talk it down to £150 it seems more reasonable.

10. stratman323

stratman323 Dr. Stratster Strat-Talk Supporter

Apr 21, 2010
    London, UK
    I had a Korean Squire Strat, briefly. The body was plywood (clearly visible in the neck pocket), it had those cheap & horrible trap shaped tuners, & the pickups were ceramic. Not impressive. A modern Squier Classic Vibe would be a much better guitar. For this reason I avoid the Korean Squiers.

little_wing142 likes this.

11. balston11

May 8, 2013
    Preston UK
    As I said earlier the E10 and the E7 are very different and not plywood, but I would agree the sentiment about the classic vibes but the classic vibes can be more expensive second hand if I was on a budget I wouldn't hesitate on an E7 or E10 at the right price.

Viking likes this.

12. fattboyzz

fattboyzz Strat-Talker Strat-Talk Supporter

Sep 24, 2017
    Sharpsburg ,Ga.

Mine has the plywood body and people are surprised at how good it sounds when they play it unplugged :0)

I have a MIM Standard and a Squier SE and neither of them have the tones or volume of this mik unplugged.

weavert likes this.

13. weavert

weavert Strat-Talker

Aug 28, 2014
    Phoenix, AZ
    I've also got a plywood Squier II (MIK). I need to get some fret buzz worked on, but I love the guitar...nice and light, great sound, even unplugged!