Warmoth.com Amplified Parts darrenriley.com Mod Kits Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups Reilander Pickups

Warmoth.com Amplified Parts darrenriley.com Mod Kits Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups Reilander Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Lace Sensors For Strat

Discussion in 'Squier Strat Forum' started by Laguna, Jul 20, 2013.

1. Laguna

Laguna Strat-Talk Member

Feb 8, 2015
    Turkey
    Hi guys, I'm a newbie guitarist. I've played a cheap strat copy so far and im playing for 1 years now. I want to upgrade my gear, but I dont have too much money so, im planning to buy an used Squier Strat. I mainly play blues, usually overdriven. To improve my guitar, i'll get lace sensors. Im planning to put Burgundy to bridge, gold to middle and emerald to neck. I want fatty, well overdriven sound for bridge. And for Clean tones, I want Eric Clapton-ish sound. What are your opinions and suggestions about it? Thank you for your answers.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2013
  2. yanksbuddy

yanksbuddy Strat-O-Master

Feb 1, 2013
    INDIA
    I suggest you to buy something cheaper than those as you mentioned yourself as new,you do seem to have a great taste for music,if you want a Claptonish tone go for these guitarpartsonline.com/Pro-Series-Pickguard-EC-TBX-and-BCU-2008.htm

Easy on pocket and you get what you wanted.buy a black used squier and put that pickguard on it.

I ve been playing blues for 4 years now on a 100$ bullet strat but haven't felt the need to upgrade my guitar pickups.The secret of my guitar's tone is amp modeling software ;)
    You can have a listen to my squier bullet here ;)
    www.soundcloud.com/yuktarth-nagar

3. Laguna

Laguna Strat-Talk Member

Feb 8, 2015
    Turkey
    Well, I don't know that kind of things. Is it comes with pickups? And which pickups on it? Excuse my English, İts not my native language.

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. fenderkev

fenderkev Most Honored Senior Member

Aug 18, 2009
    Back In Blighty
    Lace Sensors are good pups and they won't hum nearly as much as the pups you have in your Squier. They are very versatile and do clean and overdrive well. They are expensive though, so I'd play with the stock Squier pups for a while first, as they're by no means bad sounding and you may like them enough to keep them.

6. Ralphed

Ralphed Strat-Talker

Jun 9, 2013
    NE Ohio
    yanksbuddy

Nice stuff on the soundcloud.
    ralphed

7. yanksbuddy

Feb 1, 2013
    INDIA
    It comes with everything you need,pickups,electronics,you just need to solder the ground wires.The pickups are made by dragonfire which is a part of TNT custom guitars.

8. yanksbuddy

Feb 1, 2013
    INDIA
    Thanks man!

9. Ausquier

Ausquier Senior Stratmaster

May 14, 2010
    Melbourne
    Sage advice, that's where I'd start.

10. Bug10

Bug10 Senior Stratmaster

May 15, 2011
    Lake Placid
    For now, you should look at guitarpartsonline.com and guitarfetish.com. They make great stuff, that isnt too expensive.

11. G Money

G Money Strat-Talker

Jul 9, 2010
    League City, TX
    I have recently picked up 2 sets of sensors online - both from this forum, both for less than $100 shipped. I seriously love my hot golds. Quiet with great tone.

12. mikesta99

mikesta99 Strat-Talker

Apr 12, 2010
    Ontario
    I have a set of Lace Chrome Domes in my Home made strat and I love them

You will enjoy the pups if you get them, but get a feel for the pups in the guitar you get before you decide to buy a new set

You might like them

13. Julian658

Julian658 Strat-Talk Member

Jan 13, 2011
    Maryland
    He tunes to fix the intonation of the guitar, but the ideas are awesome.

14. NEStrataholic

NEStrataholic Senior Stratmaster

Feb 8, 2012
    Massachusetts
    You should also consider Rose Pickups. The Mariposas are $60 a set, boutique wound and sound really good. Ken has a whole lineup, all very, very reasonably priced.

15. dastratan

dastratan New Member!

Jul 23, 2013
    wisconsin
    I'm pretty sure Clapton uses all gold at least I know his signature custom shop strat comes with them

16. GordonRules24

GordonRules24 Strat-O-Master

Nov 9, 2008
    Illinois
    Clapton hasn't used Lace Sensors in a long time. The Strats Todd Krause builds for him all have Fender Vintage Noiseless pickups. So do the Custom Shop Artist and regular Artist Series Eric Clapton models.

17. steve adams

steve adams Strat-Talker

May 8, 2010
    Grand Falls, Newfoundland
    I would go the dragonfire route too. Inexpensive, and really well made pickups.