Join Strat-Talk Today

Latest Build - Big Apple Style

Discussion in 'DIY Strat Forum' started by ToneRanger, Apr 16, 2019.

1. ToneRanger

ToneRanger Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Didn't start out trying to copy a Big Apple Strat - just when I was done I realized it had the same vibe.

Originally the other parts were in a thin body - maybe a Bullet? - aged oly white, but I already had 3 other white strats, so jumped when I saw a full sized black strat body for sale.

Had to do some routing to fit the 'buckers - sporting a Seth Lover in the neck and a Custom 5 in the bridge. The Seth is actually very straty sounding, and the Custom 5 is super powerful and crunchy.

Full block MIM trem - neck is off my very first strat, an '89 American Standard - very thin neck and the frets are worn out, but it's got nostalgia going for it, and the high powered bridge pickup hides a multitude of sins...

20190415_191827.jpg

20190415_191735.jpg

Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
  2. Alan Crossley

Alan Crossley Senior Stratmaster

Nice guitar

3. mistermikev

mistermikev Strat-Talk Member

looks good to me. love tortoise/black or white. like your pedalboard... can't say I agree with everything there but the delux mem man is the most musical delay ever created. think I see a klon and some strymon there so... nice taste.

4. Torren61

Torren61 Strat-Talker

I like it!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.