Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

les Paul lovers club!!!!!

Discussion in 'Guitar Owners Clubs' started by MEXbluesGUY, Feb 22, 2013.

1. eclecticsynergy

eclecticsynergy Strat-O-Master

Sep 23, 2014
    NY
    Latest acquisition. I bought one of the first reissues when they came out in '74; then a few years later it was stolen.
    I've been missing it ever since.

[​IMG]

2. Uncle Fiesta

Uncle Fiesta Senior Stratmaster

Here's my '95 Studio in wine Red with gold hardware.

Studio_1.jpg

When I first bought it, it wasn't playing too well and a fret level and profile did nothing to solve the problem. Then I realised it was suffering from the dreaded bridge droop so the middle strings were too low, hence all the buzzing. A new bridge did the trick; I had to age it a little to match the original.

Studio_2.jpg

And a previous owner must really have treasured it, 'cos it came to me with a proper Gibson HSC, tan with purple interior, rather than the gigbag it would have had originally.

3. Strat*Fan81

Strat*Fan81 Strat-Talker

Nov 5, 2015
    Indiana
    I love my Strats, but every few days I’ll grab this beauty first and I won’t touch anything else for a week. Soulful to mean and nasty, so much more versatile than some give it credit for. Still trying to decide whether or not to put the guard on. Definitely will be putting some covers on the Pearly Gates, but if it messes with the tone they’ll come back off. It sounds perfect as is.
    IMG_0452.JPG

Silvercrow and Seymour Duncan like this.
  4. elliotj26

elliotj26 Strat-Talker Strat-Talk Supporter

Oct 21, 2017
    indiana
    I've posted my new LP a couple times already but I'll slap it on here, as well.

[​IMG]

Edit: Trans amber 2012 LP standard - 57 classic zebra pups and g-force tuner. Slash look w/o the Slash price

Last edited: Apr 29, 2018
  5. JeffBlue

JeffBlue Strat-O-Master

Oct 25, 2012
    Southern California
    I have only one Gibson......a fully modded 2012 Les Paul Supreme, Seymour Duncan 59/JB, gold surrounds, gold switch tip, brass roller bridge, brass tailpiece and 24k gold strings.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2018
    smithstrato and Seymour Duncan like this.
  6. jamdogg

jamdogg Strat-Talker

Apr 17, 2018
    New England
    this one has me thinking...2017 Classic. '57 classics w/a sick top. just wow.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

elliotj26 likes this.
  7. unionjack515

unionjack515 Senior Stratmaster

Apr 3, 2011
    Batavia, Illinois
    I bought this 2010 Traditional Plus as a project guitar. Swapped out everything possible on it—fancy plastics and hardware, ThroBak DT-102s and a Luxe PIO Bumblebee 50s harness. Just sent it up to Gord Miller near Vancouver for a refinish and some finishing touches (new inlays, side markers, adding a stinger). Will end up looking something like The Beast but not that beat up. IMG_8962.JPG

Also, doing some upgrades on my R8–she’s getting a MSSC Holy Grail 50s harness and Haeussel 59 pickups along with clear cavity covers. And, a bit of blasphemy...she’s going to be Ebony in a few months. View attachment 281983

Silvercrow, bossaddict and circles like this.
  8. circles

circles Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Please don't! Let that beautiful wood show. :thumb:

9. mojosman

mojosman Strat-O-Master

Mar 24, 2013
    Western Mass
    IMG_9920.JPG

I’ve got two. A 2010 Studio Faded with SD Pearly Gates pickups, and 50’s Tribute model with D. Allen P-51 Mustangs. Both have the fatter 50’s neck profile, Grover locking tuners, and both have 50’s wiring harnesses and PIO tone caps.

circles likes this.
  10. john o

john o Strat-Talker

Apr 13, 2016
    Delaware
    Here's my '76. Bought it in Feb '77, "used", at Cintioli Music in Philly, $350. Stamp in the control compartment is 12/7/76. Back of headstock says Les Paul Deluxe, but was routed for standard humbuckers, and has "standard" truss rod plate. Put a Dimarzio Dual Sound 'bucker at the bridge cause that was the thing to do then. Have upgraded some of the plastic parts. That Gibson 'bucker sounds like brandy...
    42118 import 001.JPG

30115 001.JPG

30115 002.JPG

30115 003.JPG

30115 004.JPG

Otisblove and circles like this.
  11. circles

circles Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

It's tough to give a definitive picture of the guitar as the colors shift with the lighting so much. Part of the charm of a translucent finish I suppose.

rig1.jpg ...... rigCUBE.jpg

close.jpg

john o and Otisblove like this.
  12. Lenny1716

Lenny1716 Strat-Talk Member

May 15, 2012
    LA Southbay
    Except for a couple of electric-acoustic guitars, I have been a Fender Strat devotee since I was a youngster. Yesterday, I took the plunge, upon checking out a few Epi LP's at my local GC's, guitar-a-thon, I took home with me my first LP to join my Strat family. Love the color, how it plays, and sounds. My, Translucent Blue, Standard Plustop PRO. So far, they all, DSCN0622.JPG are getting along.

circles and Otisblove like this.
  13. jimbojo

jimbojo Senior Stratmaster

Jul 4, 2010
    Rio Rancho, NM
    1525062894370.jpg

2018 Classic, love it.

circles, Otisblove and john o like this.
  14. Otisblove

Otisblove Strat-O-Master

May 20, 2016
    Chicago
    Just got it. 2010 Studio. 7 and a half pounds. It’s a sock knocker offer.[​IMG]

john o and circles like this.
  15. JeffBlue

JeffBlue Strat-O-Master

Oct 25, 2012
    Southern California
    IMG_0406.jpg
    Finally figured out how to post my pics without the extortionist Photobucket.
    IMG_0404.jpg

_JDZ_ and circles like this.
  16. Gino753

Gino753 Strat-Talk Member

Mar 24, 2018
    Boston
    CD4DAA7C-04E0-4220-8F11-D49D8FABA8E8.jpeg 69E05920-D9E7-4E87-AD9A-FFCF1FEF23C9.jpeg i got a beautiful wine red 1996 Gibson les paul studio,but sold it and killed me ever since,so i made up for it...Here are my babies 2016 Gibson les paul standard Honey burst,and a 2017 Gibson les paul Traditional,in Antique burst

Silvercrow and circles like this.
  17. Bangdapoontwang

Bangdapoontwang Strat-Talk Member

Apr 30, 2006
    Kailua Hawaii
    I have been seriously gassing for this one... IMG_6909.jpg

18. Silvercrow

Silvercrow Senior Stratmaster

Nov 6, 2014
    Bucks County, Pa.
    Les Pauls? MORE Pauls! My humble duo:

IMG_0648.JPG 2017 Classic in Surf Green, Ltd. Ed.
    Fender Strat and Gibson LP 011.JPG 2000 LP Studio, Ruby Red (the one on the left...LOL!) Hanging out with my former 2014 Mystic Aztec gold Strat (sold).

Brian

19. Ebidis

Ebidis Providing the world with flat bends since 1985 Strat-Talk Supporter

Nov 14, 2013
    Alabama
    The surf green looks really blue in that pic, but it's still cool. So you sold the gold Strat? I don't think I would ever sell mine.

Silvercrow likes this.
  20. Gino753

Gino753 Strat-Talk Member

Mar 24, 2018
    Boston
    Lol...man, i have the same dilemma.I want the pickguard on my Traditional, and my standard, but DO I DRILL Holes in the guitar?????? both of my les pauls came with the pickguards, and i want them on, but....