Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Lets see your partscasters

Discussion in 'DIY Strat Forum' started by Jacob95amstd, Jul 3, 2017.

1. Vinnie1971

Vinnie1971 Strat-O-Master

Nov 14, 2015
    U.K.
    So many nice looking projects!

Here's mine about to get an alternative switching arrangement. It's HSH and really needs a superswitch, a push pull and 3 position rotary switch for what I got in mind:

It started life as a Cruiser by Crafter Strat that I paid £50 for. It's hot hand wound boutique Oil City Brass Knuckle humbuckers which are similar in construction to 2 low output alnico 5 single coils in series...
    And a Squier standard strat alnico 5 single coil set up to be hum cancelling with the coil split humbuckers.

IMG_0221.JPG

Here's my Squier standard strat with HSH, just finished. It's my current favourite due to how it's set up. Middle and bridge are swapped over on the selector and is set to coil split inner or outer coils on a rotary switch

IMG_0098.JPG

And my first strat project - another cruiser by crafter strat, this is on its 2 reinvention.

It's got Fender Tex Mex single coils, and uses the Breja Toneworks series / out of phase bender modification but uses 0.1 uF capacitors as the series/out of phase jumpers

IMG_0087.JPG

Tomas83, Nick in Seattle and skypeace like this.

2. Ruscio

Ruscio Strat-Talker

Nov 14, 2016
    Pennsylvania
    Here are a couple of mine, similar in many ways yet they feel, play, and sound quite different. Both with Warmoth bodies + necks (compound radius, stainless 6100 frets, standard thin profile), Wilkinson VSVG tremolo bridge, Dunlop recessed strap locks, Fender locking tuners.

Left: Initial build summer 2015, much modification since then. Chambered swamp ash body, flame maple top with gloss finish. One-piece maple neck with hand-rubbed oil finish and hand-scalloped fingerboard. Duncan rails (hot, vintage, cool) pickups.

Right: Initial build in early 2017, minor tweaking since then. Chambered black korina body and laminate top, vintage tint with satin finish. Canary neck with hand-scalloped rosewood fingerboard. Fender vintage noiseless pickups, matte black 1-ply pickguard.

Partscasters July 2017.JPG

3. usul1978

usul1978 Guitar bricolo Strat-Talk Supporter

Dec 9, 2015
    France
    Nice ! I like the colors (and the vsvg bridge).

It seems you are a chambered body adept ! Could you share your views on this ?

4. Fred Phuque

Fred Phuque Strat-Talker

Nov 24, 2016
    Nashville, TN
    I put this one together last year.....

20170224_152609.jpg

5. JP Lace Master

JP Lace Master Strat-O-Master

Sep 23, 2013
    Kent
    Here's my six Partscaster's
    1. my test bed Strat, equipped with Lace Gold Dually
    2. Hello Kitty converted to lefty equipped with a pair of Lace Sensor Silvers
    3. The Obese Strat named for its triple Humbuckers
    4. My power Strat equipped with a Lace Sensor Red, Silver and Purple
    5. My Red Strat equipped with Lace Sensor Burgundy, RWRP Silver and Emerald
    6.King Bob Strat equipped with Lace Sensor Blue, Silver and Light Blue

Attached Files:

6. ToneRanger

ToneRanger Most Honored Senior Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Area 51
    Actually, only one of my strats is 100% original - but I decided to qualify my "partcasters" as ones where neck and body are not original to each other...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. roblewise

roblewise Strat-Talk Member

Dec 26, 2016
    Bushey
    My partscaster IMG_0073.JPG

Tomas83, skypeace and Ruscio like this.

8. Chont

Chont Senior Stratmaster

Sep 25, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    Here's mine... kind of a POS-O-Caster but its pretty rock solid tuning/intonation wise and its mine and It feels familiar like a worn pair of old underwear. Its an old MIK Fender Squier series neck but everything else is a mix of USA Fender Parts and Stew Mac? (I think.. It was 25 years ago) Ash Body that i did a crap trans green stain on but a couple years ago did a rattle can black refin on. I'll never part with it.

upload_2017-7-5_14-18-48.png

upload_2017-7-5_14-21-16.png

Tone Deaf, Tomas83, kris ford and 2 others like this.

9. Ruscio

Ruscio Strat-Talker

Nov 14, 2016
    Pennsylvania
    Thanks! I do like the chambered bodies, mostly for the lighter weight. I'm not sure whether they live up to all the superlatives that Warmoth heaps on them, but I haven't had any problems and haven't experienced any disadvantages relative to solid bodies.

usul1978 likes this.

10. Smelf36

Smelf36 Strat-Talk Member

Jul 17, 2016
    UK

11. Namelyguitar

Namelyguitar Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Jun 3, 2009
    Mobile Bay
    Peavey Predator (made in USA), and it now has accessories from Fender USA-built Strats, and Rio Grande Pickups. The imported parts are (black) Schaller Mini M6 tuners. The maple on this original neck & body has been getting 'darker' since it left the factory in 1994. It appears lighter in this photo.

[​IMG]

Tomas83, skypeace and Ruscio like this.

12. Believer7713

Believer7713 Senior Stratmaster

Dec 27, 2016
    US
    I'm in. This one started out as a mid eighties MIJ E Series Squier. Someone did a half way job of installing a Floyd Rose on it and the body cracked out at one of the pivot screws... ergo, time for a new body. At lest the Floyd is a original eighties Floyd. I also added a Fender Atomic P'up as well as a shadow pickup ring tuner.
    1499392337969.jpg
    This pine is a kit built Tele Thinline that I did a couple years ago.
    1499392539212.jpg
    And there is olic, the abomination
    1499392722705.jpg
    I even made my own tone block on this one out off a chunk of copper.
    1499392731604.jpg

13. DIYStrat

DIYStrat New Member!

Jul 11, 2017
    Texas

14. pwhite

pwhite Strat-Talker

May 24, 2015
    South Carolina
    I have posted these before the white one is gone but soon to replaced when the weather is better and I can spray a couple of necks I have. I am in the middle of a Fiesta red build at the moment.

[​IMG]

Tomas83 and Nick in Seattle like this.

15. Believer7713

Believer7713 Senior Stratmaster

Dec 27, 2016
    US

16. JTele

JTele Strat-Talk Member

Aug 28, 2014
    WI

17. DIYStrat

DIYStrat New Member!

Jul 11, 2017
    Texas
    No they are not. That is a wrap material. I can appreciate the look but not the cost.

skypeace and Believer7713 like this.

18. JeffBlue

JeffBlue Strat-Talker

Oct 25, 2012
    Southern California
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    These are just some of my builds. Some I have sold and others I still own.

Nick in Seattle and skypeace like this.

19. paulnb57

paulnb57 Strat-Talk Member

Nov 18, 2013
    Isle of Wight UK
    You know how it is, you get bitten by the Partscaster bug and end up with unused parts in cupboards and drawers....
    So I thought I would see if I had enough parts to put a guitar together at minimal extra cost......
    The body was in the loft and is Swamp Ash, I had already rattle canned it, but got runs, set it aside to harden and forgot about it......it got a dose of rubbing down and fresh Satin Black Auto rattle can.....found a nearly full can in the shed.....
    Neck...I have a few cheap necks about, but also an Allparts Tele neck with Vee profile and rosewood board, I had split the headstock when drilling out the tuner holes and set it aside after gluing in disgust, where it lay, in a cupboard unloved.....same rattlecan Satin black hides the glue line on the headstock. I reprofiled the end of the neck to match the Strat neck pocket,
    and had the locking tuners in the parts drawer....
    There was a Matte Black Strat Scratchplate in the cupboard which suits the vibe, so that got used, but I could only find two single coils, so in they went, a Bare Knuckle Sinner at the Bridge and a Creamery Strat size P90 at the neck....3 solid shaft CTS pots were given the attention of a solder sucker, removing cut off wires and reusing, same with a three way Tele switch, I had a treble bleed cap and resistor in the parts box and used that too....Jazz Bass Volume knobs suit the vibe...wired Vol, tone, tone..
    Trem is Wilkinson Steel block from my son who parted out a relic strat he built.....Schaller straplocks were liberated from another unused body.
    Turned out quite well I think and sounds great.
    Now its set up and I like it, I had a choice, buy a middle pickup or a custom scratchplate?
    Custom scratchplate won! Its cheaper (!) and I like the two pickups......

Black.......

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 30, 2017
    Tomas83 and montemerrick like this.