Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Limited edition Burns Of London.

Discussion in 'Non-Fender S-Type Guitar Forum' started by Elvis v, Apr 10, 2018.

1. stratman323

stratman323 Dr. Stratster Strat-Talk Supporter

Apr 21, 2010
    London, UK
    Sorry, but the Shadows were never cool.

2. Mr. Lumbergh

Mr. Lumbergh needs you to go ahead and come in on Sunday, too. Strat-Talk Supporter

Jan 10, 2014
    Initech, Inc.
    The scourge of white males the world over...

3. Stratoskater

Stratoskater Senior Stratmaster

Feb 8, 2011
    Raleigh NC
    Exactly, HM looks like a middle school science teacher who plays in a hobby band on the weekend.

stratman323 likes this.

4. The-Kid

The-Kid Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Feb 15, 2014
    SO CAL USA
    I mean this....

It should just die....

First act has more class than this....

Its just gross.

5. The-Kid

The-Kid Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Feb 15, 2014
    SO CAL USA
    Sure could have fooled me....

Its like a strat and a PT Cruiser made love and the Burns came out of wetlock after to many drinks during pregnancy.

[​IMG]

6. Elvis v

Elvis v Strat-Talker

Apr 11, 2017
    My place.
    Burbs is a great guitar brand look at this guitar on Ebay I love. And for the record Burns took a little inspiration from the Stratocaster and did their own cool vibe with it. ;)

But I will admit the acoustic electric is ugly. But I still love the ugly guitar. :confused::eek:o_O

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. stratman323

Apr 21, 2010
    London, UK
    I think that the word you are looking for is "wedlock". Though wetlock does sound far more interesting!

:D

By the way, congratulations on using the term "made love" instead of typing the words you were thinking...... :sneaky:

8. Thrup'ny Bit

Thrup'ny Bit Grand Master Curmudgeon Strat-Talk Supporter

May 21, 2010
    Sheffield, UK
    I thought they looked kind of wooden

shadows.png

the Shads were never cool.

Dan_Q likes this.

9. balston11

balston11 Senior Stratmaster Strat-Talk Supporter

May 8, 2013
    Preston UK
    Why it's not just a Fender copy
    Distinctive design ideas were more than matched by accompanying hardware and circuitry and although some such aspects bordered on gimmickry, others offered genuine innovation, and have become accepted concepts, later to be claimed as firsts by other, more illustrious conveniently forgetful makers. Such Burns-originated features include: the heel-less, glued-in neck; 24-fret fingerboard, knife-edge bearing vibrato unit; active electronics and stacked-coil pickups.
    Not to mention the split sound concept which I have seen to a lesser degree on some Yamahas but nowhere else that I know of.

10. balston11

May 8, 2013
    Preston UK
    However I am fairly sure I am
    27842-beating_dead_horse_what.jpg

Dan_Q and stratman323 like this.

11. Gunny

Gunny Strat-Talker Gold Member

Jan 20, 2017
    TEXAS
    I’ve looked on their site & I can’t seem to locate the weight of this... guitar? It looks to be quite heavy with that bridge, headstock etc.... but , the larger headstock may be needed for balance?

12. musicalmartin

musicalmartin Strat-Talker

Oct 13, 2007
    UK norfolk
    The Shads were cool ...once ,before the word was used .We used to avidly copy them on our Hofners and far worse. We lusted after red strats and the girls lusted after a rather ... erm ..... prim and self regarding Cliff Richard .I have played both the original Burns and the copies and found them fuggin awful lumps of heavy old tree wood with a neck like a concrete giraffe...sorry.

13. balston11

May 8, 2013
    Preston UK
    My Bison is definitely heavier than my USA strat but I wouldn't have said it's heavier by much. I have no means of weighing it. The Ultrasound has a basswood body not sure whether that's a particularly heavy wood or not. I love the necks on all my Burns and don't find any of them too heavy to play on the strap but I don't gig any more so I don't have to stand for a long time with them. You must have a dealer near you where you could try one.

14. Will Lefeurve

Will Lefeurve Senior Stratmaster

Mar 1, 2016
    England & France
    Limited edition Burns Of London.

Sorry, but it can stay limited as far as I'm concerned.. its bloody awful.. horrible.. I can't bare looking at it.. :thumbd:

15. nungesser

nungesser running with the moonshine dogs Strat-Talk Supporter

Apr 28, 2014
    Ireland
    you tried your best, I think once you play and hear a Burns your attitude towards them changes. Now I must say the Gold one does nothing for me I'd prefer to have one of their standard models they look nicer. Anyways I still got to get those pics of my buddy's Burns for you so you can feature it on your webpage we think its a '59 he also bought a Burns Flyte not to long ago that one would send these guys into meltdown for sure

16. Elvis v

Elvis v Strat-Talker

Apr 11, 2017
    My place.
    I love all Burns of guitars. Even the cheap ones for sale used in Guitar Center used department sounds and plays like butter. You guys must have never played one. They are some of my favorite S style guitars.

$_35.jpg

SkylineUK and balston11 like this.

17. Elvis v

Elvis v Strat-Talker

Apr 11, 2017
    My place.

18. Paul47

Paul47 Strat-Talker

Jan 5, 2009
    UK
    The Shadows most definitely were cool in the early days. The history of rock would be very different if it weren't for their influence.

19. CaseCandy

CaseCandy Senior Stratmaster

May 9, 2015
    UK/Ireland
    When viewed alongside to Freddie and the Dreamers, Shadows were super cool.

Dunno how well this humour travels but:

20. stratman323

Apr 21, 2010
    London, UK
    No it wouldn't. "The history of rock" had mainly been written by 1959 - the Shadows & their singer (the awful English equivalent of Pat Boone) were simply copyists.