Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Live at Pompeii review

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by Guy Named Sue, Nov 11, 2017.

1. Guy Named Sue

Guy Named Sue Beer me up Scotty Strat-Talk Supporter

Feb 11, 2015
    Sweden
    I enjoyed it a lot but I really missed Jon Carin, I would've suspected that he would fill in the spot after Wright being that Jon has toured with the band for so long next to Richard so he would be perfect for the task. Didn't enjoy the new guy on the piano at all. The new choir singing The Great Gig didn't do it justice! And I would've expected them to play Echoes being that they're in Pompeii, that would've been legendary.

Man I sound cranky, don't mean to be! The high lights of the show for me was Wish you were here , Money , Coming Back to Life and Sorrow, David blew me away on Sorrow excellent performance!

Chont, Bluestrat83 and circles like this.

2. circles

circles Senior Stratmaster

Wow, sounds like a mixed bag, and some missed opportunities, but the tracks you mentioned would indeed make up for it!

Guy Named Sue likes this.

3. alderre

alderre Strat-Talker

May 1, 2014
    New Braunfels
    Sounds like maybe the Gdansk one is probably the best one.

circles and Guy Named Sue like this.

4. Guy Named Sue

Guy Named Sue Beer me up Scotty Strat-Talk Supporter

Feb 11, 2015
    Sweden
    Hate to say it but yeah I enjoyed Live in Gdansk better!

5. Bluestrat83

Bluestrat83 Strat-O-Master

Jan 17, 2016
    Ecuador
    I agree with everything specially the echoes part.... honestly I’m not really into Floyd’s post Waters material and all that came after under that band name and Gilmour newer solo stuff. I just think that the color of this current band is still like very 80ish/90ish and IMO I would love to hear him playing with some newer musicians with new vibe, not talking about age but I always think about Paul Mc. Cartney’s current band for example as a twist that helped to reboost some older music.

The guitar tone and playing is still there tough and that is always fun to listen I’m a big Gilmour fan just think that he needs to get out of that “pulse” kind of sound design. Still a fun show to watch!

Guy Named Sue likes this.

6. Paperback Rocker

Paperback Rocker Nitro-mancer

Sep 18, 2014
    Victoria TX
    Was enjoying the album this morning. Not a fanatic, sounded good to me.