Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Looking for suggestions

Discussion in 'Tech-Talk' started by stratillac, Jul 7, 2018.

1. stratillac

stratillac Strat-Talk Member

Jul 10, 2011
    Lansdale, Pa
    Im want to purchase a set up for headphone use with my amp. And wouldnt mind a few ideas or suggestions.

Thanks in advance

2. Chasy

Chasy Strat-Talker Strat-Talk Supporter

Jun 7, 2018
    Danbury CT
    Are you talking about the headphone jack on the amp itself? If so, what amp? Higher impedance headphones sound better but need more power so.. if I was you, I would head over to guitar center and try a few. Depends how loud you want it. Open back, closed back. Do you want to use them for other stuff too or just guitar.. and a budget. I bought these dt500 studio pro things from Guitar center 80 ohm ones. I bought them to play guitar with but they spend way more time in my phone now that I got an s9 plus. First phone I ever got that doesn't sound like crap.

3. moullineaux

moullineaux Senior Stratmaster

Jul 11, 2009
    ATLANTA, GA
    Sennheiser, AKG, both make great headphones for a variety of applications and for a variety of budgets. The above questions are relevant so do some homework before wasting money on a pair that may need t suit your needs.

4. johnnymg

johnnymg Senior Stratmaster Strat-Talk Supporter

Sep 5, 2015
    Central Coast Ca

5. heltershelton

heltershelton ASKED TO LEAVE THE STAGE Strat-Talk Supporter

Jun 5, 2013
    Not Florida
    johnnymg and BallisticSquid like this.

6. Silvercrow

Silvercrow Senior Stratmaster

Nov 6, 2014
    Bucks County, Pa.
    I've found that headphone out features on guitar amp vary WIDELY.

I'd be one to take your amp in (or find a similar amp on display where you're shopping for headphones) and try several in your amp.

Brian

7. rgbedard

rgbedard Strat-Talk Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Feb 3, 2018
    Santa Cruz, CA
    I don't like the idea of using my amp for a headphone amplifier, so I bought an Audiofile headphone amplifier and stuck it last on my board. Most of the time, I just play through that using headphones. It is a very clean class A amp (minimal crossover distortion) with adjustable output. Can also be used as a line driver. Can be used stereo or mono. I like it a lot.

8. Chont

Chont Senior Stratmaster

Sep 25, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My favorite pairs have always been Sennheisers.

Borrowed a pair of HD280s from my old job years ago and they were fantastic. Hated to have to give them back because I knew they'd end up in a box of unwanted gear and trashed when my location ultimately shut down.

A while back I found a pair of HD 202s abandoned in an Edit room here at my current job. Kept them at my desk for a while and they went unclaimed. We have so many freelancers come through that tracking down the owner was impossible. I love these too. They sound just about as good as the 280s but a little less bulky.