Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Love two guitars money for one....

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by Athanasios, Aug 13, 2018 at 1:06 AM.

1. Athanasios

Athanasios Strat-Talker

Mar 23, 2018
    Greece
    So as the title says today i m gonna buy my first real guitar!!!!!!
    The choices are either a sunburst hss mim or a Jackon Andrian Smith(import not usa)
    Both the same price both in the Fender family two totally different beasts
    With the MiM i reckon i will manage the ocassional divebomb nothing too extreme but the Jackson has the compound 12-16 radius which i think is a good thing as i will advance my playing
    I played both but not enough to be able to decide which fretboard radius i like better
    I m into classic heavy metal(The British type mostly powerchords and average pentatonic solos) with the occasional blues...Also the Jackson must have the neck takennoff to adjust the trussrod when needed.I must have the guitar with the easiest neck in general and i m confused
    What say you????

Green Sub likes this.

2. radd

radd Strat-Talker

Jun 2, 2016
    Santa cruz
    Unless I just had to have that Jackson, it “spoke” to me, taking off the neck to adjust the truss rod would be a deal breaker for me.

jaybones and Athanasios like this.

3. Otisblove

Otisblove Strat-O-Master

May 20, 2016
    Chicago
    I like strats, but you’ll probably get different opinions if you go over to Adrian Smith-talk.com.

4. Believer7713

Believer7713 Senior Stratmaster Silver Member

Dec 27, 2016
    US
    My personal preference would be for the compound radius. I have three with the 12-16 boards and they are my favorite guitars I own. My vote would be for the Adrian Smith. Plus, once you get it set up and it seats in you really won't be messing with the truss rod that much anyway.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2018 at 6:14 AM
    Athanasios likes this.

5. jaybones

jaybones Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

6. Thrup'ny Bit

Thrup'ny Bit Grand Master Curmudgeon Strat-Talk Supporter

May 21, 2010
    Sheffield, UK

7. jvin248

jvin248 Senior Stratmaster

Jan 10, 2014
    Michigan

Get the Strat.

You can later either get loaded SSS, HH, or HSH pickguards to transform into any of those tones you desire.

I tend to get the SSS and then rewire for a blender (Dan Armstrong mod) to blend on up into full HSH mode.

One thing to note, all the Strats ship with 250k volume pots, and if you spend most of your time on the humbuckers then you may want to swap for 500k volume pot to get closer to classic LP tones.

Athanasios likes this.

8. Cerb

Cerb Senior Stratmaster

Jan 22, 2016
    Sweden
    Which one?

IMG_20180725_203823.jpeg IMG_20180204_212426_2058180142.jpeg IMG_20180813_165459.jpeg

Green Sub and Athanasios like this.

9. Thrup'ny Bit

Thrup'ny Bit Grand Master Curmudgeon Strat-Talk Supporter

May 21, 2010
    Sheffield, UK
    Why, a

Rocket Roll II.png

Rocket Roll II of course. Wicked guitar... :)

Green Sub, Athanasios and Cerb like this.

10. joe_cpwe

joe_cpwe Senior Stratmaster

Jul 21, 2015
    USA
    For your classic heavy metal tastes get the Jackson.

You're in the wrong forum if you think the majority here won't tell you to get a Strat.

Truss rod adjustments are rare in my experience. I just bought a guitar yesterday that has truss adjustment at the heal and couldn't care less. As a matter or fact, I like the look of no truss cover on it.

11. johnnymg

johnnymg Senior Stratmaster Strat-Talk Supporter

Sep 5, 2015
    Central Coast Ca
    I would vote for the MIM because I think it's a "better value" (already discounted), greater versatility, and better resale value.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2018 at 1:03 PM
    circles and Athanasios like this.

12. DickBanks

DickBanks Strat-Talker

May 2, 2017
    Olathe, KS
    Check out the Jackson to see if it needs a setup. If so, and you still want it, offer $100 less and get it setup.
    But as mentioned above, the strat and its removable pickguard offers a ton of tone options.
    Buy the guitar you can't put down. If neither fit, keep looking. Seems to me you like the compound neck, and if you like HM, speed is an essential part of your craft.
    Keep in mind that you can play any genre on any guitar. Some are just more suited, but in the end, it's a fretboard, the strings, and you.

Stratoskater and Athanasios like this.

13. Cerb

Cerb Senior Stratmaster

Jan 22, 2016
    Sweden
    I love Ibanez!

Athanasios and Thrup'ny Bit like this.

14. jwj1701

jwj1701 Strat-Talk Member

Sep 4, 2012
    lexington ky
    KISS is still one of my favorites after all these years so I’d go with the iceman. Paul Stanley of course

circles and Cerb like this.

15. Athanasios

Athanasios Strat-Talker

Mar 23, 2018
    Greece
    I learned on a squier bullet so the Fender neck although similar feels soooo good....to tell you the truth the compound i think at least is going to be needed when i manage to shred if ever...but i am hesitant as it is the same woods and quality as the bullet just withb he Andrian Smith sig and a floyd rose special.I mean i play songs from NWOBHM bands and even some thrash on the Squier with 9.5 radius just fine.I just dont know if in the longrun i wished i got the Jackson

16. Athanasios

Athanasios Strat-Talker

Mar 23, 2018
    Greece
    Iceman is bad ass...i m not so i cant support the looks...

Cerb likes this.

17. Athanasios

Athanasios Strat-Talker

Mar 23, 2018
    Greece
    I just need opinions from you guys because you play longer than me and probably you ve played a bunch of guitars and you know what you re talking about.If only it had access at the last fret...

joe_cpwe likes this.

18. Athanasios

Athanasios Strat-Talker

Mar 23, 2018
    Greece
    I dont think about resale value but i think of looking at the guitar stand and think yeah i got a MIM or yeah i got an indian copy of a USA sig. Jackson ???? :p

johnnymg likes this.

19. Hudman_1

Hudman_1 Strat-Talker Strat-Talk Supporter

May 12, 2018
    Gibraltar Michigan
    Buy the Jackson. It’s made for heavy metal.

Athanasios likes this.