Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Low E string problem on my 07’ Yngwie strat

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by henryocq, May 16, 2018.

1. henryocq

henryocq Strat-Talk Member

Jun 10, 2013
    Surabaya,Indonesia
    8B2157BF-3692-4B4E-B6DB-FB764B510AB2.jpeg Hi guys,can anyone help me?I’m just buy 2007 USA Yngwie Strat,the neck isn’t twist/warped and the frets still at good condition,I’ve already try anything to avoid the fret buzz such as lowering the pickups,set high action,changing new string,bowing neck relief,loosen and set the tremolo springs,even changed with new replacement neck but the low E string still sound very dull,no sustain,rattled and buzzing especially at one to twelve frets,I’m very desperate with this,I’ve been to my local technician that have best reputation on it but still can solve that problem,whats the problem I’ve facing of?Still dont figure it out,I’ve been playing guitar for 13 years,but never had experience like this,should I change the tremolo bridge to Gotoh?please help me,thanks

2. carver

carver The East Coast Strangler Strat-Talk Supporter

I dont think the issue is at the bridge, I think the issue is at the nut.

have you recently jumped down a few gauges with your string choice?

these guys have a brass nut if I recall... I wonder if the string is sitting to low in the nut, kinda sounds like it..

Also, that is a RARE color for the YJM. lovely guitar.

3. henryocq

Jun 10, 2013
    Surabaya,Indonesia
    My tech says that the nut is okay and its strange that in open string not to buzz and rattled liked when I put my fingers on low E string,is jumped down of the string gauge can cause that?really appreciate for your info,thanks

4. Guitarmageddon

Guitarmageddon Squier-A-Holic Strat-Talk Supporter

Apr 19, 2014
    Windsor, Ontario, Canada
    First things first - can we get more shots of this guitar - headstock back and front. I have a feeling this is not a real Fender. Ynwgie Malmsteen Strats never came in this color. They also have a brass nut, and yours is not brass. The spacing of the 12th fret dots is also wrong for a Malmsteen neck. It could very well be that it's not Fender and the frets are not level and it would need a level and crown on the frets.....

riles1, Yves and Paperback Rocker like this.
  5. Percy

Percy Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

I had similar problems with a strat i took off the low E intonation spring it seemed to help with the intonation...

Try to back off your Low E saddle imo it looks from the pic it may be set to far forward....

Good luck

6. henryocq

Jun 10, 2013
    Surabaya,Indonesia
    AA1CFA19-27B0-4CED-8F44-E8AA84DCDE03.jpeg AAE25072-F9EB-4E82-882D-F581DBF423C9.jpeg 3F78DE43-DA36-4E82-B5BD-FDA897B39C70.jpeg
    Hi man,I think that’s original Yngwie strat,I’ve already checked the serial and I opened the pickguard and the seller was recommended and his store have a good reputation,and you should check this link for this yngwie color and the specs
    http://www.guitarsandeffects.com/2012a06a28blueyngwie/blueyngwiemalmsteenstratocaster.html
    My strat is just like that,and maybe you are right about the crowning frets,but can you explain about how I’ve changed with new replacement neck and still sound like that in the low E string?

Last edited: May 16, 2018
  7. Guitarmageddon

Apr 19, 2014
    Windsor, Ontario, Canada
    Never knew they made a model in blue....

Do you know how to check the proper truss rod setting and relief? Here's a great video...this might help your buzz....

8. henryocq

Jun 10, 2013
    Surabaya,Indonesia
    Thanks so much Percy,I’ve already done that too,but the low E doesn’t changed a bit,it still very dull an sound like a dead note to me,I’m still confuse about this,my tech says that he often face this problem on a bass and still not have to figure it out how,thanks man really appreciate for your info

9. carver

carver The East Coast Strangler Strat-Talk Supporter

its very real

I have seen a couple locally in this color. Certainly not a fake Fender, just a rare color

Guitarmageddon likes this.
  10. Percy

Take the spring out and back it off even more.....imo the low E is not backed off far enough

11. henryocq

Jun 10, 2013
    Surabaya,Indonesia
    Thanks to you,I do know how to check and set the truss rod,but this matter is very strange even more for my tech who have many experience in guitar for almost 30 years,really stuck right now lol

carver likes this.
  12. heltershelton

heltershelton ASKED TO LEAVE THE STAGE Strat-Talk Supporter

Jun 5, 2013
    Not Florida
    tonenut had a first year malmsteen in a really cool blue color. I got to play it once.....it was awesome.
    http://www.strat-talk.com/threads/ngd-new-mint-1988-malmsteen-strat.377626/

henryocq and Guitarmageddon like this.
  13. Percy

From this pic of your strat's bridge this strat will not intonate.....period

14. Guitarmageddon

Apr 19, 2014
    Windsor, Ontario, Canada
    He's not having an intonation issue...the issue is fret buzz....and I can't figure it out for myself unless 2 necks have both had unlevel frets....

15. heltershelton

Jun 5, 2013
    Not Florida
    how do you figure it wont intonate? that low e saddle has plenty of room to go back.

Guitarmageddon likes this.
  16. henryocq

Jun 10, 2013
    Surabaya,Indonesia
    Thanks Percy I will check for that again,and really thanks to you and anybody who have spend some times to read and help me for this thread

17. heltershelton

Jun 5, 2013
    Not Florida
    maybe your action is set way too low and maybe the neck relief isnt right.
    I will pm you my address. you can then ship me the guitar and I will set it up for you. I am VERY thourough.....a setup on a malmsteen strat usually takes me about ten years......I will send it back after I do the setup.:whistling:

18. bchaffin72

bchaffin72 The wizard next door. Strat-Talk Supporter

Oct 4, 2008
    Stratford,Ontario
    Only ten years? Are you sure you want to rush it??;):D

Ebidis and heltershelton like this.
  19. henryocq

Jun 10, 2013
    Surabaya,Indonesia
    Lol I’m from Indonesia,too far away from you,and the shipping cost many years by foot :D

heltershelton likes this.
  20. Stratoskater

Stratoskater Senior Stratmaster

Feb 8, 2011
    Raleigh NC
    So no one is going to say anything about the string ball end up at the tuner?