Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

May have made a dumb purchase.

Discussion in 'DIY Effects Forum' started by Cerb, Jan 1, 2019.

  1. Cerb

    Cerb Most Honored Senior Member

    Age:
    38
    Jan 22, 2016
    Sweden
    On line auction and it was 3.15 am on new years day so...

    It's a 1970's (as far as I can tell) EHX Electric Mistress flanger in a non working condition and judging from the pictures, at least the power supply section has been modified. It could turn out great, or the opposite. We'll see when it gets here.

    Skickat från min CLT-L29 via Tapatalk
     
  2. Thrup'ny Bit

    Thrup'ny Bit Grand Master Curmudgeon Strat-Talk Supporter

    Age:
    59
    May 21, 2010
    Sheffield, UK
    I hope it was cheap. :D
     
    fezz parka and Cerb like this.
  3. garyhoos1

    garyhoos1 Huffing n Puffing. Strat-Talk Supporter

    Age:
    56
    Jan 28, 2012
    North Wales and Somerset.
    Hope it turns out for you, my last dumb purchase on eBay was a not working Ibanez flanger put two batteries in it when it arrived perfect not a problem since.
     
    Cerb, Jimi Lightning and Thrup'ny Bit like this.
  4. Cerb

    Cerb Most Honored Senior Member

    Age:
    38
    Jan 22, 2016
    Sweden
    Nope, $130 including shipping but they are between $250 and $400 in working condition. Considering this has been modified I'd guess around $200 if I get it to work. The problem is the analogue delay circuit that hasn't been in production since the early 80's. If that is bust I'll have to find a used replacement and the IC chip alone will be around $80. I'm hoping it's just a bad power supply section...

    Skickat från min CLT-L29 via Tapatalk
     
  5. Cerb

    Cerb Most Honored Senior Member

    Age:
    38
    Jan 22, 2016
    Sweden
    Thanks. I hope for something simple.

    Skickat från min CLT-L29 via Tapatalk
     
  6. Thrup'ny Bit

    Thrup'ny Bit Grand Master Curmudgeon Strat-Talk Supporter

    Age:
    59
    May 21, 2010
    Sheffield, UK
    Yike! I chucked loads of pedals in the bin around the end of the 80s. Nobody wanted them, I couldn't give them away.
     
    Cerb likes this.
  7. Cerb

    Cerb Most Honored Senior Member

    Age:
    38
    Jan 22, 2016
    Sweden
    And now you could have salvaged a bunch of SAD1024 chips and flipped them for $80 a piece.

    Skickat från min CLT-L29 via Tapatalk
     
    Thrup'ny Bit likes this.
  8. Thrup'ny Bit

    Thrup'ny Bit Grand Master Curmudgeon Strat-Talk Supporter

    Age:
    59
    May 21, 2010
    Sheffield, UK
    I still have a 70s ColorSound Tonebender and an original Marshall Bluesbreaker somewhere, in a red box...
     
    Cerb likes this.
  9. Nerd

    Nerd Strat-Talker

    130
    Apr 7, 2014
    Reading, UK
    It should be a easy fix. I used to buy broken EHX and fix them for profit. 75% of times it was corroded wiring. The other 25% mods that went wrong. Mostly trimmer adjustments. Easy fix with oscilloscope.
     
    Cerb likes this.
  10. Cerb

    Cerb Most Honored Senior Member

    Age:
    38
    Jan 22, 2016
    Sweden
    Unless it's the SAD1024 :)

    Also, the original power supply was a transformer, it used to plug straight into the wall socket.

    Skickat från min CLT-L29 via Tapatalk
     
    Thrup'ny Bit likes this.
  11. EC Strat-boy

    EC Strat-boy Strat-Talker Strat-Talk Supporter

    Age:
    48
    162
    Dec 16, 2018
    Louisville Kentucky
    Hope you can get it running - would be a cool addition to your board
     
    Cerb likes this.
  12. CigBurn

    CigBurn Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

    Age:
    61
    Jun 22, 2014
    Same Shed Different Day
    I had one of the original Electric Mistress flangers when they came out. Wish I still had it, would be fun to hear it's particular brand of woosh again. Hope it turns out for you!
     
    Cerb likes this.
  13. Nerd

    Nerd Strat-Talker

    130
    Apr 7, 2014
    Reading, UK
    Wont help you here as I sold my last two earlier this year :) its unlikely BBD, though. I would check the wiring first and electrolytic caps next
     
    Cerb likes this.