Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Mesa Boogie discontinuing the 5:25 and 5:50?

Discussion in 'Amp Input - Normal or Bright' started by problem-child, Jan 2, 2018.

1. problem-child

problem-child Strat-O-Master

Aug 28, 2008
    Left Coast, USA
    garyhoos1 likes this.

2. carver

carver The East Coast Strangler Strat-Talk Supporter

yeah the Express amps are normally great. I would be all over one again. I ended up selling my 5:25 plus so I could get myself something with a little more girth. so I traded it for a Triple Rec. that was a bit of a mistake in the long run... but whatever. its all good. I wouldnt say no to another express. I really liked the Burn Channel and the clean channel while using the graphic eq

problem-child likes this.

3. ultrahedgehog

ultrahedgehog Strat-Talker

Jan 14, 2015
    Annapolis
    For what it's worth, I love my 5:50+. Really great amp that provides so many tones it's uncanny.

owenmoney and problem-child like this.

4. problem-child

problem-child Strat-O-Master

Aug 28, 2008
    Left Coast, USA
    yeah I have been very impressed with my 5:25+. The clean channel is really nice. I find myself using it and pedals to get just about anything I can dream of. Sad to see them being discontinued. I wonder what will take their place.

5. Kstu

Kstu Strat-Talker

Oct 18, 2017
    Massachusetts
    I been looking at those, just looking! I don't know much about mesa and never touched one but I liked the features on that amp I just don't know what it and mesa's other amps (lonestar, recto etc) sound like and what would fit for me. In the future that is for I have way too many amps right now.

6. moullineaux

moullineaux Strat-O-Master

Jul 11, 2009
    ATLANTA, GA
    I bought a used 5/25 and it is a wonderfully versatile amp. Sad to hear they are being discontinued. Mine is the original not the plus and it’s a keeper. I too wonder why they are not going to make them. Really great amp for gigs and recording. If I had the extra cash I’d buy another one without hesitation.

7. owenmoney

owenmoney Strat-Talker

Jun 21, 2013
    I totally love my 5-50 plus, great amp for all reasons

8. DickBanks

DickBanks Strat-Talk Member

May 2, 2017
    Olathe, KS
    I played a 5:25 while I was looking at a used Mark IV. I went with the Mark IV, but I must say I was very impressed with the 5:25!

9. owenmoney

owenmoney Strat-Talker

Jun 21, 2013
    i would guess the Mark Five 25 and 35 are being considered as upgraded in between the express and the big Mark Five, i chose the Express 5-50 plus over the Mark Five because i liked the features better than the Mark Five. i was hoping to get an Express 5-25 plus at some point in the future, but i guess i could do a Mark Five 25 or 35 !

10. Bera

Bera Strat-Talker

Sep 22, 2016
    Sao Paulo, Brazil
    Could it means that the Mark VI is coming?