Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Midnight Wine

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by THRobinson, Dec 6, 2018.

1. THRobinson

THRobinson Strat-Talk Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Zurich, ON (Canada)
    Does anyone know which car (if any) this colour is from?

Got a project and trying to colour match this particular strat colour... hoping to get a paint code or duplicolor rattle can of it.

Thanks

2. dirocyn

dirocyn Strat-O-Master

Jan 20, 2018
    Murfreesboro, TN
    That was a Ford/Lincoln/Mercury color in the mid 1980s. Try 1985 Ford Thunderbird 2w/6013. IDK if Duplicolor makes it, but Paintscratch does.

3. Wrighty

Wrighty Senior Stratmaster

Mar 7, 2013
    Harlow, Essex, UK
    I had a Diahatsu
    Had a Daihatsu Sportrak very close to that colour, good few years ago

4. nadzab

nadzab So many guitars, so little time... Strat-Talk Supporter

I saw duplicolor rattle can that looked very close, but can't remember what it was...maybe cranberry something?

I think a Strat in Midnight Wine with black plastic and a rosewood board looks fantastic.

TN703800 likes this.
  5. jayoldschool

jayoldschool Mod Admin Staff Member

Sep 13, 2011
    Canada
    Admin Post
    Any pro auto paint supply shop can colour match it for you. Take the guitar in, they will scan it, and give you the matching auto paint codes for it.

6. Phat-O-Caster

Phat-O-Caster Strat-O-Master

Apr 16, 2008
    Colorado
    T Bone Slort likes this.
  7. THRobinson

Sep 4, 2017
    Zurich, ON (Canada)
    That website is very inaccurate... tried looking up a few that I knew the paint codes for and the cars they came from and the results were way off.

Thunderbird wise, if it's the dark canyon red, duplicolor does seem to make that. Though it's one of those colours when Google'd, every image is way different. I went to school for photography so I understand about different light sources and colour calibrated screens etc, but the results are way beyond that being the cause. Just different colours. :D Though I think from the Ford paint chart there were 3 shades (light/med/dark) of the same colour.

8. THRobinson

Sep 4, 2017
    Zurich, ON (Canada)
    Definitely not the Canyon Red colours... those are close in colour, but no metallic/pearl.

Had another guitar to paint, while there looked at some Duplicolor paints and just not seeing a match for the Midnight Wine.

:confused:

9. THRobinson

Sep 4, 2017
    Zurich, ON (Canada)
    Sadly I don't own the guitar...

10. THRobinson

Sep 4, 2017
    Zurich, ON (Canada)
    Closest I have found so far is Ford Dark Toreador Red Metallic.

Weird that no one knows... being a Strat site, I figured someone would have had all Fender colours figured out by now, not just the old 50/60's ones.

Hit this wall last year trying to find Antique Olive and Jade Mist Metallic. :) Never did find them. There are paints out there with the same names, but weren't even close to being the same colour.