Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

MIJ E-series Squier questions

Discussion in 'Squier Strat Forum' started by tundrawalker00, Nov 6, 2017.

1. tundrawalker00

tundrawalker00 Strat-Talk Member

Nov 6, 2017
    Ludington, MI
    Hi, new here. NGD!

I just purchased an MIJ E-series Squier with what appears to be the System 1 bridge. Only blemishes are two or three scratches on the back. I paid $250. I have a couple questions.

1. Do I dare mess with the pickups on this thing?
    2. Is it wise to put 10s on a floating trem guitar that hasn't been played in 20 years?
    3. Where can I pick up a trem bar? It has a slick nut with four little holes covering the trem bar hole, but no bar.

Thanks,
    Brian

2. Believer7713

Believer7713 Senior Stratmaster

Dec 27, 2016
    US
    Congrats on the purchase! Let's see some pictures...We like pics here.

To answer your questions:
    1. The original P'ups on the MIJ Strats, though they are ceramic, are really nice sounding and I probably wouldn't change them (and I change just about everything all the time). but it is really up to what you like so I say play it for a while and make your own judgment.
    2. Set it up to how you want to play it...10's will not hurt it but it will need to be set up no matter what strings you put on it.
    3. Check out wammi world. This is where I got mine.
    https://whammyparts.com/index.php/f...nder-contemporary-system-1-tremolo-arm-detail

3. tundrawalker00

tundrawalker00 Strat-Talk Member

Nov 6, 2017
    Ludington, MI
    Thank you. I like the pickups, too. Used to humbuckers more, but these have character.

I opted to put 9s on it for now. I'm leery of taking screws out and putting them back in. The plastic seems so brittle that I don't want to break corners accessing the screws for the springs.

Thank you, I'll do that.