Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

MIM appreciation

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by oatsoda, Dec 6, 2018.

1. oatsoda

oatsoda Puck of Paradox Strat-Talk Supporter

Jul 10, 2011
    The Shack, Nova Scotia
    Selling off a few things to make some space in the shack. Listed my 2013 MIM on Kijiji, the aged cherry burst on flamed maple. Beautiful. Bought it new in 2013. Bought a Fender F neck plate to replace the blank one. Took it home, set it up with the bridge at a perfect float. Played it for maybe two hours. Then I lay it on the couch and the Godin LG leaning against the back of the couch falls over and nails it with a tuning peg, OUCH! Big stupid ding, broke my heart every time I opened the case to look at it, closed the case back up. Stupid. I get a ding on my old American strats or teles or P bass, no biggie, but this thing I just couldn't get over. Been a case queen for 4+years.

So a guy may be coming to see it so I just pull it out of the case, it's still in tune, looks amazing, (aside from the ding). Feels great. Plug it into the PRRI, sounds killer, yes, even with the stock ceramics, sounds killer.

Man, Fender MIM is a heck of a lot of guitar for the money, almost hate to sell it.

1 2.jpg

2. MitchellD1

MitchellD1 Strat-Talk Member

Jan 29, 2018
    Kansas
    I share your enthusiasm for the MIMs. Excellent guitar for the price, which isn't to say yeah but it's lacking this or that. It's a perfectly good guitar.

93-Strat likes this.
  3. carver

carver The East Coast Strangler Strat-Talk Supporter

the place the guitar was made really doesnt matter

the way the guitar was made and the person playing it matters

I have paid insane amounts for Korean and Indonesian guitars. they are awesome and if they were stolen I would buy them again.

I love when a player simply knows what they love and simply just gets to work and plays.

4. evangilder

evangilder Strat-Talker

Sep 18, 2018
    Ventura, California
    My most recent Strat purchase was a MIM Deluxe and I love that guitar. Looking at the pic of yours, it's gorgeous! My worst was my MIJ 50s reissue that was pretty much pristine and pretty new when an aftershock of the '94 earthquake made it slide across the desk it was leaning on and hit the the table beside it. It bent the tuning peg on the low E. This was after the guitar survived the main earthquake safely in a case. It was my first Strat and I was heartbroken for about a week. Once I figured out that the tuner still worked and I could still play it, I left it bent. It took my 22 years to finally replace the tuners.

Having a ding is a bummer, but it should not deter you from playing it. Consider it a battle scar that gives it more character. And the ding makes it unique. Now no one has one just like yours. :)

Mankonis and T Guitar Floyd like this.
  5. Achyskic

Achyskic Senior Stratmaster

Feb 19, 2013
    Ohio
    I have a 2015 Squier VM70 strat. I upgraded all electronics but fit and finish it as good as my 2018 American Professional strat. The neck on the Squier May be a little better.

fattboyzz likes this.
  6. T Guitar Floyd

T Guitar Floyd Senior Stratmaster

Oct 27, 2014
    Arizona
    Yes . . . yes, it is! :thumb:

TB883 likes this.
  7. crawdaddy

crawdaddy Senior Stratmaster

Feb 11, 2010
    Valley o Sun
    I agree with you 100% on your review of the guitar....I have the same in guitar in a lefty version and love it....

I have mine for sale on the CL....told the wife I would "try" :whistling::whistling: and sell a few....but I put it up at a pretty steep price with no room for negotiations....teehee....

20181107_151506.jpg

I really hope it sells....I stated as I have my fingers crossed

T Guitar Floyd and arcticstrat like this.
  8. arcticstrat

arcticstrat Strat-O-Master

Feb 6, 2016
    USA
    The MIM flamed maple Cherry bursts are pretty nice. Great players too!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

fattboyzz and xland like this.
  9. Nick-O

Nick-O Strat-O-Master

Jun 20, 2014
    SC
    Its a fine looking strat, and apparently plays like jack the bear too. I would not worry about dings...playing out my stuff gets banged, spilled on, and moved around like it was a beanie baby by every john henry who squeezes by....dust it off and play it. Looks killer.

T Guitar Floyd and fattboyzz like this.
  10. DickBanks

DickBanks Strat-Talker

May 2, 2017
    Olathe, KS
    I have come to believe that the MIM Strat, properly set-up, is one of the best deals to be had in the musical instrument business.

11. tery

tery Most Honored Senior Member

Jul 31, 2014
    Tennessee
    I just love it :)

12. spizike231

spizike231 Strat-Talker

Feb 9, 2017
    California
    Combine that with a loaded guard and you’ve got a guitar just as good as a MIA at less of the cost.

*waits for triggered purists*

13. fattboyzz

fattboyzz Senior Stratmaster

Sep 24, 2017
    Newnan ,Ga.
    I've played much higher priced guitars ,but most are no better players than my MIM Strat.

I've also come to really enjoy the pickups in it . Turn down the tone & crank up the OD and its sweet Sonic goodness :0)

T Guitar Floyd likes this.
  14. errikwong

errikwong Strat-Talker

Mar 11, 2018
    Singapore
    I recently got to audition a Player Series Strat through a '68 Princeton Reverb reissue.

I must say, the pickups sounded really nice, I would happily play that strat just on sound alone.

However, maybe it's because the Squier VM and Classic Vibe series have upped their game so much, the guitar itself didn't feel any better in terms of build quality. If anything, that guitar felt like an Indonesian-made instrument.

15. strat_strummer

strat_strummer Senior Stratmaster Strat-Talk Supporter