Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

For Sale MIM Satin Gunmetal Blue

Discussion in 'Guitars for Sale, Trade or Wanted' started by z28jimi, Oct 17, 2018.

1. z28jimi

z28jimi New Member!

Oct 16, 2018
    Daytona Beach
    I inherited my brother's MIM Strat in Satin Gunmetal Blue. He wanted to learn to play, but was an extremely shy guy, and didn't want anyone to hear him learning, so he never even bought an amp. The guitar is in like-new condition, as is the molded hard case. I have no desire to learn to play, but I don't want to give this away, so I'm hoping someone here can help me determine what I should expect to sell it for, and how best to do so. I'm unsure of the year, but I think I've seen some paperwork from when he bought it, and that should establish the age. I know he bought it new. Other than age and some photos, what do I need to get some help establishing its value? What sort of photos would be best? I'm sure someone who knows guitars would be looking for photos of specific items, I just have no idea what those things would be.

2. Lonn

Lonn Mod Admin Staff Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Admin Post
    MIM Strats right now are $599 new so that's a starting point. Yours is worth less. The first 4 of the serial number will tell you the age. MX10 for instance is 2010, MZ9 is 2009. You can call Fender customer service directly and talk to a human and they'll not only tell you exactly what you have but they'll email you the spec sheet for the guitar. 480 596 7195.

3. fattboyzz

fattboyzz Senior Stratmaster

Sep 24, 2017
    Newnan ,Ga.
    If it were mine and the guitar & case are in excellent condition , I would start at $395, or maybe even $425.

People are going to offer less ,but that how it works. You can always come down if it does not sell.

Lovnmesomestrat likes this.
  4. TangerineDog

TangerineDog Senior Stratmaster

Sep 5, 2015
    The EU
    Pics of
    -the outside and inside of the case
    -the front and back of the guitar
    -the front and back of the body in close up
    -the back of the headstock with the last 3 digits if the serial number covered
    -details of any and every blemish

Be prepared provide pics of the insides of the guitar.

Also, be sure to post an ad on this forum.
    I'd prefer selling on here to selling on eBay, unless you want to start a bidding war.

If it is indeed mint and with case, I'd go as far up as 500$ for an initial asking price, but the lower you go, the faster you'll sell.

Inherited as in terrible loss?
    My sincere condolences!

Gunny and Lovnmesomestrat like this.
  5. Lonn

Lonn Mod Admin Staff Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Admin Post
    Many people (myself included) have a problem paying more for a Mexican Strat than it cost new. I just refuse to do it. MIM strats have nearly doubled in price since I started playing in 2001. Back then a new MIM was $329, now they're $599 and have hardly changed at all other than bigger frets and trem block. I'm not paying $4-500 for a guitar that cost under $400 new, I don't care what they cost now.

6. z28jimi

z28jimi New Member!

Oct 16, 2018
    Daytona Beach
    Suicide, so yes...terrible. Thanks.

7. CalicoSkies

CalicoSkies Senior Stratmaster

Jun 10, 2013
    Hillsboro, OR, USA
    I remember when MIM Strats cost about $450 new in 2004, which was just a few years later. This is one of those things that makes me wonder what causes inflation, and if companies always just want more money for things over time.

8. Bigdogdaddy

Bigdogdaddy Strat-Talker Gold Member

Aug 8, 2018
    Kansas
    It depends on the guitar and the setup. I have bought 2 mim strats and sold them both quickly after being set up. I know they generally aren't as good as US Strats, but for the price, they are great, espcecially if they have the maple fretboard. I know, I have a maple fretboard fetish. I know what i like.

9. nitro

nitro Strat-Talk Member

Mar 2, 2017
    ocala fl
    My sincerest condolances for your loss.

10. johnnymg

johnnymg Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Sep 5, 2015
    Central Coast Ca
    I would recommend holding onto that guitar. The cash (relatively small actually) you'll get for it can't compare to the sentimental value. You may not feel like that's important now but that feeling will very likely change over time.

Cobra and ZlurkCorzDog like this.
  11. Blind Radish

Blind Radish Strat-Talker

May 5, 2006
    Clearwater, Fl
    maybe you might add a picture or two here ... someone may make you and offer

12. Swampash

Swampash Senior Stratmaster

Jun 13, 2012
    Here
    Put it on Ebay with a long listing duration and no reserve. What it sells for is what it's worth.