Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

MIM Strat price

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by Boongoon, Nov 10, 2017.

Tags:
  1. rich815

rich815 Strat-Talker Strat-Talk Supporter

I have this one, black. Got it used from GC in mint cond for $340. Switched out the ceramic pups for Alex Pribora Blues Classics. It’s great.

2. Believer7713

Believer7713 Senior Stratmaster

Dec 27, 2016
    US
    I have three Strats with Alexander Pribora P'ups. One is a MIM with the blues classic set...wonderful. The second is an MIJ Contemporary with a hot custom set...nothing short of amazing. Third is a Squier SE also with the blues classics. Of the three, my favorite is the MIM by far, though they all have their own sound and feel.

3. rich815

rich815 Strat-Talker Strat-Talk Supporter

Very cool. Might have to try his other sets some day. So affordable too. Though I hear there’s a bit of a wait ordering from him direct, I got mine used as part of a fully loaded/wired pickguard set off Reverb for an excellent price.

4. Believer7713

Believer7713 Senior Stratmaster

Dec 27, 2016
    US
    I ordered all three of my sets from him directly through eBay and I was fully expecting 3-4 week turnarounds. Every time it was just under 2 weeks. He is surprisingly fast and his prices are comparable to Rose pickups.

rich815 likes this.

5. Boongoon

Boongoon Strat-Talk Member

Nov 10, 2017
    New Jersey
    A question about the radius. I have small/medium sized hands. 9.5" or 12" preferable? or is it purely personal preference?

6. Boongoon

Nov 10, 2017
    New Jersey
    Just an update on the G&L. I went to buy it today. It was in my cart from yesterday on GC's website. Well, all of a sudden the 15% code doesn't work. I chatted with them and the guy said the Clearance items cannot be discounted. Wow!! it worked yesterday. And he said he was locked at the $499 price. What a bunch of BS. I will not be buying that guitar nor will i likely buy from GC in the future. I am actually a drummer and have sent A LOT of money with them. Over the last few years their customer service has completely deteriorated.

7. Eddie H

Eddie H Strat-Talk Member

Nov 11, 2017
    New York, NY
    If you're starting out, would you consider a Squier Strat? You can get a really good pre-owned one for less than a Benjamin. They're great modding platforms as well.

8. nederemer

nederemer Strat-Talker

Oct 25, 2017
    Somerset, Kentucky, USA.
    If you play lead you'll likely want a 12 radius. Chords and rhythm you'll want a more curved radius, the 9.5 is kind of in between a 7.5 old style fender and a 12 which would be like a modern shred neck.

9. Boongoon

Nov 10, 2017
    New Jersey
    I have not considered a squire. I will look in to it. But likely go with the MIM now that I can't get the G&L I wanted.

10. Eddie H

Nov 11, 2017
    New York, NY
    If you're not in a rush, well priced MIM's pop up all the time. I picked up a 2007 ash HSH MIM for $250 a few months ago. I often see them for $300 including case.

There's a sweet Squier CV60 in the Philly area (Bensalem) going for $170 on CL (my status as newbie doesn't allow me to post links). But I'm sure you can find it. The CV60 is a match any MIM ... for about half the price.

It's not about the sticker on the headstock ... it's about the guitar.

johnnymg and Ebidis like this.

11. Textele

Textele Senior Stratmaster Strat-Talk Supporter

Oct 10, 2009
    USA
    Get a manager on the line and have him look up your purchasing history, then kindly ask him if he would like to continue that purchasing history with you into the future or lose you over $ 75.00 clams.

If that doesn't work call GC Corporate and "flex" your purchasing history!

SkylineUK and Ebidis like this.

12. Ebidis

Ebidis Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Nov 14, 2013
    Alabama

I like this guy. :thumb:

Welcome to ST!

johnnymg, Vjerilood and Eddie H like this.

13. Eddie H

Nov 11, 2017
    New York, NY
    Thanks for the welcome. :)

I'm GASing badly and may take a run down to Philly next weekend for it if it's still available.

14. Boongoon

Nov 10, 2017
    New Jersey
    I emailed for a little more info the guitar. Looking forward to the response. Not my first choice i color (red) but that's ok.

15. Boongoon

Nov 10, 2017
    New Jersey
    So now I am thoroughly confused. From what I was reading there are high quality instruments from Indonesia. That the CV's were made there. From what I can tell they seem to all be made in China now. Any insight?

16. Ebidis

Ebidis Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Nov 14, 2013
    Alabama
    The CV line has always been made in China. The VM line, and some other cheaper lines are made in Indonesia.

17. Boongoon

Nov 10, 2017
    New Jersey
    Thanks to everyone who replied to my questions. I ended up ordering a NEW Squire CV 60's from Sam Ash. Had a $20 coupon.

I did here back from the guy with the red squire. If anyone is interested he said that it has a crack in the veneer/paint near the neck. I read up that this is a common problem with strats but did not want to start of with a less than excellent looking guitar.

Thanks again.

johnnymg likes this.

18. apm1991

apm1991 Strat-Talker

Feb 14, 2017
    Arizona
    I bought a beautiful 2010 MIM Strat, Maple Neck, also came with Rio Grande Stelly pickups.. used for $325 from Guitar Center... might want to check it out.. find the used one you like, call the store it's at, ask them to look at it for you, then order it... if you don't like it you still have 45 day return policy.. good luck getting a return policy on CL

19. apm1991

apm1991 Strat-Talker

Feb 14, 2017
    Arizona
    very well said... plus, who want's to make a 4 hour round trip?!?!

20. apm1991

apm1991 Strat-Talker

Feb 14, 2017
    Arizona
    I have spent over $2000-3000 over the years at GC... I have found over the last year or so the customer service is GARBAGE.. I only buy from Sweetwater now... I hate to admit though, I get the string club card at GC.. $20 for $60 worth of strings works for me, but that's all I'll buy.. if Sweetwater offered the same I'd do it