Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

MJT strat body size question

Discussion in 'DIY Strat Forum' started by StrugglingStrum, Oct 11, 2018 at 12:48 PM.

1. StrugglingStrum

StrugglingStrum Strat-Talker

Jan 29, 2015
    Ft worth texas
    Another member suggested an MJT strat body. I’m just curious if you know how close they are in size to a fender. I bought an after market body once and the bottom was much narrower than a tradition strat. I figure there are patten issues with making it the same size, but I’m curious if you bought one, what you thought. TIA

2. Guitarmageddon

Guitarmageddon Squier-A-Holic Strat-Talk Supporter

Apr 19, 2014
    Windsor, Ontario, Canada
    What do you mean bottom much narrower? I believe MJT bodies are some of the most vintage accurate bodies out there if that helps.....

StrugglingStrum likes this.

3. StrugglingStrum

StrugglingStrum Strat-Talker

Jan 29, 2015
    Ft worth texas
    Thanks, it was a Michael jelly strat like guitar. It wasn’t as wide at the bottom basically from either side of the bridge. I like fat bottom girls:)

4. usul1978

usul1978 Guitar bricolo Strat-Talk Supporter

Dec 9, 2015
    France
    They offer two shapes btw. One 60's and one 70's, more or less.

5. Guitarmageddon

Guitarmageddon Squier-A-Holic Strat-Talk Supporter

Apr 19, 2014
    Windsor, Ontario, Canada
    Those are a SuperStrat with a totally different shaped body....not the same...

6. johnnymg

johnnymg Senior Stratmaster Strat-Talk Supporter

Sep 5, 2015
    Central Coast Ca
    I recently built an MJT sourced Strat.

I'm not aware of more than one 'style' of strat body from MJT. ??? They buy their bodies and different guitar forums show the source being either USACG or wildwoodmfg. I never asked MJT.

Anyway, I had MJT send me the unfinished body and I recontoured it to match (or slightly exceed) vintage curves. i.e. the stock MJT body is a bit "chunky" with fat horns and thick rib contour. I wanted a very deeply contoured body. After my handiwork, I then sent the body back to MJT for finishing.................. to my specs. They did an absolutely fantastic job on the finishing. I pride myself in my paint ability but this was a speciality finish (closet classic checking) that I have no experience in. All in all I would highly recommend MJT.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018 at 1:28 PM