Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Modafied keepers?

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by 6stringnate, Mar 8, 2018.

1. 6stringnate

6stringnate Strat-Talk Member

Dec 16, 2016
    Petalta
    I have a 70's reissue that I bought with a few mods, pickguard/ IMG_1563.JPG IMG_1562.JPG knobs. I planned on changing back to original, but the changes grew on me and in my opinion looked nice. So I left it alone. Has this happened to others? Pictures are greatly appreciated. Especially if you have a non modified version of this guitar. Happy early St. Patrick's to all those that partake in the fiesta!

bassetman, Mr Sneaky, rich724 and 2 others like this.
  2. Sarnodude

Sarnodude Senior Stratmaster

Sep 26, 2015
    Mukilteo
  3. bassetman

bassetman Strat-O-Master Strat-Talk Supporter

Jan 14, 2018
    Pomeroy, WA
  4. strat_strummer

strat_strummer Senior Stratmaster Strat-Talk Supporter

Very nice. I think the pickguard throws it off a bit. My opinion only mind you......

5. Eoraptor1

Eoraptor1 Senior Stratmaster

Aug 4, 2008
    Niagara Falls, NY
    I was thinking the same thing. I think it would look better with a tortoiseshell or pearloid pickguard. Just my opinion.

JAMES

6. 6stringnate

Dec 16, 2016
    Petalta
    Have one more pic of the back. IMG_1564.JPG

7. Bob the builder

Bob the builder Senior Stratmaster

May 2, 2016
    Cranston, Rhode Island
    The p/g I could take or leave but that piece of wood with those knobs are a real turn on

8. jaybones

jaybones Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Looks decent, better than stock which would have been all white. My favorite PG on natural is black though.
    <<<<<<<

I’ve been gasing for a tremolo equipped Stratocaster to be the sister to my hardtail, but at the prices for originals in the condition I want I’m going to have to buy a reissue. Change the plastics and possibly add the bullet TR.

9. Yves

Yves Senior Stratmaster

Jan 2, 2016
    London
    Looks good to me. Kind of Funk like.
    Here's a pic of my natural Strat. I find the tort guard gives it a sober/unexciting look. But that suits me best. The rosewood fretboard might possibly be a factor here too.

DSC02221.JPG

10. Mr Sneaky

Mr Sneaky Strat-Talker

Mar 12, 2017
    Virginia
    Love it. Where did you get those knobs and selector tip?

11. strat_strummer

strat_strummer Senior Stratmaster Strat-Talk Supporter

Very nice...

Yves likes this.
  12. Believer7713

Believer7713 Senior Stratmaster Silver Member

Dec 27, 2016
    US
    that looks great to me!!! I'm in the process of building a natural ash bodied 3 P90 strat partscaster that is going to have a Rosewood fretboard. At first I wanted to do a maple board on it but the more I looked at it mocked up with the neck I already had the more I liked it. Hopefully it won't be long before I get the last couple parts needed.

Yves likes this.
  13. jaybones

jaybones Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

@6stringnate I just realized the PG and back plate are abalone. First glance I thought it was mother of toilet seat.

14. 6stringnate

Dec 16, 2016
    Petalta
    Me Sneaky, I don't know where the knobs or selector tip came from. I bought this guitar as you see it. I do like the look of Yves guitar, cause I'm a rosewood guy, this is my only maple board Strat (out of 7). This guitar has really grown on me and I almost always want my guitars stock. I think I'll keep her in the stable.

Mr Sneaky and Yves like this.
  15. perttime

perttime Strat-Talker

May 4, 2015
    Finland
    I like it. It is unique - and that is a plus for me. Some feel that a guitar should be "original". Maintaining value as a collectible would be my only pressing reason to keep a guitar absolutely original.

That said, I don't do much modding myself - I just get stuff that is already unusual in some way. Like a 1983 hardtail Strat:

[​IMG]

Mr Sneaky likes this.