Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Most jangly strat pickups?

Discussion in 'Pickup Forum' started by PRW94, Dec 1, 2017.

1. PRW94

PRW94 Strat-Talk Member

Nov 15, 2015
    AZ
    I have a Vox Over The Top Boost pedal.

2. scottf

scottf Strat-Talk Member

Nov 13, 2017
    West Virginia
    I have a beautiful Ricky 330 and I am loathe to get rid of it, But my EJ does the chime thing just as well.

3. tubejockey

tubejockey Strat-Talker

Dec 1, 2016
    the Bozone
    Someone else mentioned CS 69's. I just put a set in a buddies guitar, they do jangle. I also am a big fan of the GFS gold-foil strat-sized pickups. They come in alnico or ferrite. The ferrites are brighter. I have the alnico's and love them. They have plenty of jangle and smooth bottom as well.

4. Antigua

Antigua Senior Stratmaster

Feb 28, 2014
    in between
    IME, when it comes to "jangle", it's all about the amp and speakers, together with a hollow or semi hollow electric.

amstratnut likes this.

5. Nate D

Nate D Senior Stratmaster

Apr 2, 2016
    Ohio
    Lollar Tweeds, Fender 57/62, Fender CS 54, Seymour Duncan SSL or a ton more out there.

6. amstratnut

amstratnut Peace thru Music. Strat-Talk Supporter

Dec 1, 2009
    My house.
    All the pup suggestions are what OP asked for but, the gfs vintage alnicos are a very low output set that, notwithstanding people's opinions about gfs, are pretty much already "good enough".

Id look at other components such as the amp, speaker and possibly a Vox simulator of some kind.

Admittedly, I dont know how a Vox over the top boost sounds.

7. PRW94

PRW94 Strat-Talk Member

Nov 15, 2015
    AZ
    It's a Vox simulator, basically like the Joyo, the BC-2, etc. Nice pedal, but has a HUGE footprint. :)

amstratnut likes this.

8. amstratnut

Dec 1, 2009
    My house.
    No cleans? It must have cleans but they demoed dirt for the most part.

9. PRW94

PRW94 Strat-Talk Member

Nov 15, 2015
    AZ
    All these YouTube pedal demonstrators shovel on the dirt. It will clean up and give you the Vox sparkle (takes some use of your guitar's controls). The controls supposedly behave just like an AC-30. It also has a 12ax7 in it, don't know that it does anything except light up though.

amstratnut likes this.

10. amstratnut

Dec 1, 2009
    My house.
    Well, ok you got me then. I dont think you will get a more jangly strat pup. I guess if you try a filtertron or find one that is single coil size...otherwise Im not sure.

11. navigate40

navigate40 Strat-Talk Member

Jan 2, 2017
    SE FL
    I have a strat with twin P90's, an HSS with Fender fat 50's and recently put together an HSS with SD Lipsticks. And wow.....the lipstick pups are just amazing.

Jangly! Mark Knopfler jangly.

I just could not be more impressed. I play more rhythm than lead, and so fender SC's are just not what I need. But...I love playing a strat. P90's are great, and I would not want to be without them, but, wanted something more ....strat like. These lipsticks are clear, clean, very well articulated, but give a very unique sound that is just vintage wonderful.

Wish I could put together a sound clip...but there are quite a few online.

Keep in mind, there are differences between all makers of these. You have to hunt to find the sound you want. Same with P90's. The SD lipsticks...IMHO... are the truest to the original Danelectric sound. Really nice, sweet sound.

You could try a SSS with all lipsticks. I put the humbucker in there because I had it and liked it. Really like a lipstick/ humbucker combo sound. Unique. One thing I would like to try one day, lipstick-lipstick-P90. You can get a Warmouth custom pickguard for that.

I used a 920D wiring harness with a BLENDER pot. WOW. Enables you to do a bridge/neck combo, and all three combo. Jangle!

[OK, just put this together a couple days ago...can you tell I am excited? :) ]

Hope this helps. I think others mentioned lipsticks above.

12. Thrup'ny Bit

Thrup'ny Bit Certified Curmudgeon Strat-Talk Supporter

They're all pretty jangly when you throw them in an old cocoa tin and shake it.

13. Cerb

Cerb Senior Stratmaster

Jan 22, 2016
    Sweden
    It's been said before but I think it can be said again. Lipstick pups.

navigate40 likes this.