Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

My Luthier Shop

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by AndyFroncioni, Dec 30, 2017.

1. AndyFroncioni

AndyFroncioni Strat-Talker Silver Member

Aug 14, 2017
    Montreal
    So, I know there might be forum rules here, but I want to brag about my local luthier shop because I got what I think is exceptional service. I won't give you the name of this shop, but let me sing praises for this small shop.

It's been very cold here in Montreal. -25C (- 15F) for the past week. That means we're heating our houses and drying up the air to about 15% relative humidity. My beautiful sonic blue didn't like that and the action got very very high.

I got worried that I'd pop some frets or split the body so I took it into the shop. No problem. One of the 3 superstars in this place took the guitar, had a good look at it and proceeded to reset it to the last specs they had on file. Everything got done. Truss rod, saddles, polish, etc... Right on the spot. I went to the cash and the fella told me it was free. And to have a Happy New Year.

I love this place. If you have one like it, then you're as lucky as I am!

2. Nate D

Nate D Senior Stratmaster

Apr 2, 2016
    Ohio
    I’m in Cincinnati and we’re seein single digit and teens (F) and I was just at a luthier today, as I finally found one I jive with, and he said he’s having to run the heat so much the humidifiers can’t keep up. Same at my place.

vlxerdon and AndyFroncioni like this.

3. Groovey

Groovey Most Honored Senior Member

Nov 17, 2016
    NC. USA
    It's nice to "have a guy" at hand. I'm glad to have two experts reasonably close.

AndyFroncioni likes this.

4. Groovey

Groovey Most Honored Senior Member

Nov 17, 2016
    NC. USA
    And let's not forget all the great advice here at our finger tips.

Bodean, vlxerdon, Bowmap and 2 others like this.

5. jaybones

jaybones Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Gotta love that kind of service. Keeping records of what they did then setting it to those specs again for nothing.

Like those oil change places that offer you free fluid top off anytime. That sort of thing is a loss leader, they hope they find other problems and can sell you higher margin stuff.

6. nutball73

nutball73 Strat-O-Master

Nov 12, 2013
    Southern UK
    Why not mention the name of the shop? Credit where credit is due - give them the extra business!

kidmo and AndyFroncioni like this.

7. ocean

ocean Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Apr 14, 2015
    In a house
    Couldn't even just get a string change and wipe down and oil of fret board yesterday. Was pretty frustrated with the place I usually go to..

8. AndyFroncioni

Aug 14, 2017
    Montreal
    Am I allowed to? What are the forum rules?

9. nungesser

nungesser running with the moonshine dogs Strat-Talk Supporter

Apr 28, 2014
    Ireland
    i'm not sure what the rules are but there's enough talk about guitar center's on here that there's nothing wrong with you putting in a good word for a guy that's done you a good turn,

10. AndyFroncioni

Aug 14, 2017
    Montreal
    The shop is called Atelier Montreal Guitar and the fella that helped me out the other day was Sebastian. Real huge kudos to the shop and to this very dedicated and talented young craftsman! Montreal is lucky to have you.

Yves, fattboyzz, simoncroft and 4 others like this.

11. Stratdejavu

Stratdejavu Strat-Talker

Dec 31, 2017
    Unknown
    Sebastian sounds passionate about guitars and loves his work.

12. artgtr

artgtr Senior Stratmaster

Aug 18, 2013
    WURTSBORO, NY
    Yea - my house is about 15% humidity now, like 6 degrees outside & has been for like 10 days now. I leave my guitars in the cases, I have a humidifier I have to start up, but it can only do so much in these circumstances.
    It’s great you found a luthier that cares & helped you out! Awesome! I have a Luthier/friend that is my go to guy on my guitars also!

13. Fuzzpop

Fuzzpop Ryan-Ola Silver Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Washington, D.C.
    Do you take your guitar to a luthier for a string change? Not trying to shame you at all, but you could definitely same some coin by learning to do that on your own. Not hard at all once you get to doing it regularly!

Ebidis and ocean like this.

14. fezz parka

fezz parka Strat-Talk Supporter

Apr 21, 2011
    ₩¥€£§μГ
    I'd rather read a glowing postive than a diss. Its nice to be reminded that everything doesn't suck. :)

15. Ebidis

Ebidis Providing the world with flat bends since 1985 Strat-Talk Supporter

Nov 14, 2013
    Alabama
    I have a guy that I take all my guitars to, he does great work and never charges me anything. His name is Ebidis. ;)

16. fezz parka

fezz parka Strat-Talk Supporter

Apr 21, 2011
    ₩¥€£§μГ
    I take mine to some grumpy guy named Chris. He's an ass, but does great work. And get this: its free!

17. simoncroft

simoncroft Dr. Stratster Strat-Talk Supporter

May 30, 2013
    SE England
    Yeah, I know one of those. Last time I asked him, he said he was busy sorting out an AV install in his house. Then he remembered he said he'd edit a friend's 60th party video... He's competent but very, very slow these days. :whistling:

18. simoncroft

simoncroft Dr. Stratster Strat-Talk Supporter

May 30, 2013
    SE England
    That's great, and it's totally OK for you to tell us what good service you've had. Where the mods wouldn't be (very rightly) happy is if you were promoting your own products and services without subscribing as a vendor. A big shout out for the nice guys at Atelier Montreal Guitar is not a problem AFAIK.

thomquietwolf and fezz parka like this.

19. AndyFroncioni

Aug 14, 2017
    Montreal
    No, it's a really amazing world we live in. Even this -- Strat-Talk -- that sits on a server somewhere and brings together all these crazy guitar people. We're very lucky, indeed!

simoncroft, Yves and fezz parka like this.