Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

My Strat family.... show me yours.

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by stormin1155, May 14, 2018.

1. stormin1155

stormin1155 Strat-Talker

Mar 18, 2014
    Iowa
    Top row from the left:
    - Blue MIM with a neck I made, MIA Standard loaded pickguard.
    - 2017 American Professional.
    - White ???caster... I've had this for over 20 years... it was well worn when I got it... not sure of its pedigree... sort of a '62 replica, BG Phatty pickups.
    - Yellow scratch build... Cyprus body, fat maple neck, Rose Robusta/Buff Beauty pickups.

Bottom row:
    - 1986 Ovation Ultra GS.
    - Sage green MIM with a neck I built featuring Lignum Vitae fingerboard, Benson Custom Texas Special pickups.
    - Black Squier Standard... I just got this one at a garage sale this weekend for $40... cleaned it up, put some GFS Premium A2 pickups I had laying in a drawer, and she's a player!
    - Gold Showmaster... Fender's answer to the superstrats. A superb guitar... I always wondered why they weren't more popular.

...on the far right, my Yamaki Folk Deluxe that I bought with my graduation money in 1973.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Fuzzpop

Fuzzpop Ryan-Ola Silver Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Washington, D.C.
    Good stuff!

L to R: 1993 AVRI '57, 2014 AV '59, 2006 G&L USA Legacy, 2007 G&L USA Legacy

(The AV '59 has taken a few tumbles, including one face down on the concrete recently. She's bruised and battered, but still sounds the sweetest of any Strat I've owned.)

(Another note: Shoutout to @Bodean for the Bo Stagger pickups in the CAR G&L on the right. Going to do a review with some sound clips in the next couple weeks. Short review is that they’re F’in amazing. First time I’ve actually loved a Strat bridge pickup. Stay tuned for more!)

IMG_2283.jpg

Last edited: May 14, 2018

3. strat_strummer

strat_strummer Senior Stratmaster Strat-Talk Supporter

Dec 17, 2017
    Idaho
    Great lookin family, both of yours.

stormin1155 and Fuzzpop like this.

4. Ozark

Ozark Strat-Talk Member

Feb 22, 2018
    middle of nowhere
    Nice. Freakin guitars are like chips. You can't just have one. I have a modest 5.

5. heltershelton

heltershelton ASKED TO LEAVE THE STAGE Strat-Talk Supporter

Jun 5, 2013
    Not Florida
    87 strat plus....
    IMG_20170104_130441.jpg

two mia standards....93 w/99 neck and a 2010
    twins.jpg

2006/7 mim standard
    IMG_20170313_205703.jpg

2013 mim standard
    IMG_20170728_093005.jpg

6. esseff

esseff Strat-Talker

Dec 19, 2017
    Australia
    Can't resist. See sig for decriptions.
    IMG_20180208_142651.jpg
    IMG_20180509_085822.jpg

gampadoug, sikoniko, Ruscio and 5 others like this.

7. strat_strummer

strat_strummer Senior Stratmaster Strat-Talk Supporter

Dec 17, 2017
    Idaho

8. artgtr

artgtr Strat-O-Master

Aug 18, 2013
    WURTSBORO, NY
    Some of my Strat Hoard! IMG_0936.JPG
    I have about another 10 Strats, it was actually a lot of work taking them out of the cases & lining cases up in the hallway, the others were down stairs. IMG_1468.JPG
    & some Les Pauls & 1 R. Firebird, figured why not!
    Someday I’ll get a pic of all the Strats! Than Tele’s, than non fender or Gibson guitars. These shots I did a while ago, so everyone has seen these before.

Last edited: May 14, 2018

9. knh555

knh555 Senior Stratmaster

Dec 6, 2016
    Massachusetts
    Last edited: May 15, 2018

10. bchaffin72

bchaffin72 Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter Vendor Member

Oct 4, 2008
    Stratford,Ontario
    It's a small family, no twins...............:D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Strat-Slinger

Strat-Slinger Senior Stratmaster

Left to Right:
    2014 HSH Blacktop Strat, 1996 Mexi Standard, 1987 '62 AVRI Strat...

The Blacktop's bone stock... I want to swap out the middle pup with a Dimarzio area covered Tele pup so it's noiseless but, the stock pup does sound decent and I must admit... this guitar is a beast... killer tone and I love how it plays...
    The Mexi standard has Joe Barden's in it... noiseless rail style stacked pups and they get fantastic single coil tone. This guitar actually belongs to the the other guitarist in the band I'm with but, I have it indefinitely... We have a bunch of tunes in Drop-D so, this is my Drop-D Strat and I've set it up so it's decked with 5 springs... great sounding guitar...
    and last but not least... my '62RI... now... this guitar is a bit of a mystery fiddle... when I acquired this wonderul Stratocastee it was in pretty sorry shape... the finish was sanded completely off down to bare wood... no markings anywhere with te exception of some very faint pencil markings on in the neck pocket... you can barely see them but... something used to there before the body was sanded bare... the original electronics pups were replaced with a set of flat pole alnico mag single coils... they were decent sounding pups.. I've replaced those with a nice set of period correct custom wound Reed James single coils made to the specs of late 50's/early 60's fender Strat pups and they are wonderful pickups indeed... the bridge saddles are not original however, the trem assembly (block, plate, arm etc..) are original... I did have to re-align the bridge because whoever put this guitar back together after they took the finish off got it slightly crooked... I doweled, re-drilled and fixed it and I also applied a hand rubbed oil finish to it using Watco danish oil...
    The body's a nice 4 piece Swamp Ash... not alder.. and there is no "Worm Rout" in the pup cavity but... it's def a Fender body... and it does have a "Fullerton Curve"... so, I'm not sure what to make of it... the neck is pencil dated 5/26/87... making it a "Corona" era neck... So... it's in essence a '62RI "Partscaster"... but it's a great guitar nontheless..

IMG_20180504_120121.jpg
    A few more pics of the Fam...

Woody004-2014-02 029.jpg brian-kloby-live-caddys-dakini-pic.jpg Strat Slinger n Woody Strat Slingin Guitar Live.JPG

12. heltershelton

Jun 5, 2013
    Not Florida
    damn.....some of yall have alot of strats.
    I have tele fever for some reason......im putting strats on hold till I get at least 2 teles.
    ive had nothing but strats since 1987.....except for a short while I had an epi lp.....traded it for a strat, lol.
    after the teles I gotta get a charvel or jackson with buckers and a floyd.

13. bchaffin72

bchaffin72 Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter Vendor Member

Oct 4, 2008
    Stratford,Ontario
    I resisted the tele for years. Now, if there's a guitar in my hands, 90% of the time it's the tele.............:D

14. TheDudeMan

TheDudeMan Strat-Talker

Sep 19, 2016
    The Crossroads
    playability is a big thing and I get that.... but jeebus why have so many strat shaped instruments? I Own 3 strats... a 96' ultra that I've had since 97' that was my #1 for many years, a 1964 fender strat that is my vintage queen and the guitar in my profile pic, and a mid 90's avri 62 reissue that I'm gonna eventually sell..... I don't get it.... I buy and sell lots of gear, but I don't see a reason to own so many strats... o wait hmmm... I do have a strat shaped custom shop esp, and a 87' baretta... but they are a far stretch from conventional strats.... it would be cool to own a vintage strat with a paf & floyd rose... s%$t.... nevermind....

15. heltershelton

Jun 5, 2013
    Not Florida
    lol.....

stormin1155, Fuzzpop and TheDudeMan like this.

16. Ozark

Ozark Strat-Talk Member

Feb 22, 2018
    middle of nowhere
    Its a sickness that only harms your wallet.

17. artgtr

artgtr Strat-O-Master

Aug 18, 2013
    WURTSBORO, NY
    I enjoy everyone’s pictures! Great stuff, some awesome guitars here!

18. Raiders757

Raiders757 Senior Stratmaster

Sep 2, 2016
    Virginia
    My little Strat family. Sadly it's missing a member. My black Strat is in peaces in the closet waiting for me to get off my butt and rebuild it.

strats.jpg

19. mfranzdorf

mfranzdorf Strat-O-Master

Dec 29, 2013
    ohio
    IMG_0637.JPG
    Bullet, Roadworn 50’s, Charvel ( couldn’t bear to leave him out of the family photo...lol) , American Deluxe. Baby brother Squier Mini chilling on the floor.

20. sam_in_cali

sam_in_cali Scream for me Strat-Talk! Strat-Talk Supporter

Feb 21, 2014
    Santa Maria, CA
    [​IMG]
    L-R: Atomic Guitar Works Cerinum, LTD ST-203FR, Fender Dave Murray Signature