Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

NAD Orange Crush 35RT

Discussion in 'Amp Input - Normal or Bright' started by Lonestardan, Oct 7, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Lonestardan

Lonestardan Strat-Talker

Oct 12, 2011
    Western US
    I have been looking for a solid state amp that would be large enough for small gigs and small enough to grab and go. My Peavey Classic 30 is my main amp and I have a nice little G Dec Jr, but I wanted a solid state with Reverb and a drive channel to simulate tube overdrive. I plugged into this Orange 35RT at Guitar Center and fell in love with the compressed tone. Love it. I brought it home. Just 22 pounds, but it has a built in tuner, a nice, beefy 10" speaker and rich, full sounding clean channel.

Anybody else have one? Thanks!

hornrocker, vlxerdon and Mesaman like this.

2. 4SEVEN3

4SEVEN3 Strat-Talker

Jan 31, 2014
    Dallas TX
    Congrats, albeit a little late! How is it breaking in? I have one of these and use a BOSS RV-6 reverb with it and it sounds awesome!

IMG_9925.JPG

3. RaySachs

RaySachs Strat-Talker

Jun 25, 2017
    Philly area
    Just out of curiosity, do you run the RV-6 with the amps gain running? If so, how does it sound. I’m thinking about the Orange Crush 12 as a small travel amp to use with pedals, and since it lacks onboard reverb, I’d have to use a reverb pedal with it...

Thanks,

And a belated happy NAD to the OP!

-Ray

4. nederemer

nederemer Strat-O-Master

Oct 25, 2017
    Somerset, Kentucky, USA.
    Not a crush but I have another of their budget amps. The micro terror and 1x8 cab. I love that thing and can definitely vouched for Orange quality

5. 4SEVEN3

4SEVEN3 Strat-Talker

Jan 31, 2014
    Dallas TX
    I’ve just been running it through the front of the amp. I really need to get some cables and use the effects loop. It sounds OK with the gain...I’ve never used much, if any, of the RV-6 while playing with a lot of gain. The RV-6 does sound a lot better than the reverb on the amp itself.

RaySachs likes this.

6. 4SEVEN3

4SEVEN3 Strat-Talker

Jan 31, 2014
    Dallas TX
    I had that too, in a mini-stack....I sold it but would like another when room/time/money permits.

7. nederemer

nederemer Strat-O-Master

Oct 25, 2017
    Somerset, Kentucky, USA.
    If I was to do it again I would get the micro dark. It has an effects loop.

8. hornrocker

hornrocker Strat-Talk Member

Jan 2, 2017
    Illinois
    I have one too, love it - great for silent playing and recording too! Congrats!

9. jpjr50

jpjr50 Strat-O-Master

Jun 3, 2016
    Florida
    I had one of these 35RT amps and it was quite good. My pedalboard at the time was all TC - Hall of Fame Reverb, Flashback Delay, Mojo Mojo Overdrive, Dark Matter Distortion and Gravy which is a Chorus / Vibrato combo with Tone Print (used the Corona prints).

With my home studio I got tired of mic'ing and wanted to simplify things so I sold everything and went digital. At the time I traded it for an Orange Micro Terror then paired it with a Panama 1x10 Cab. After a few months I sold all the analog stuff.

The 35RT is great amp though. Should have plenty of power for small gigs.

Congrats!

10. nuculer terrist

nuculer terrist Senior Stratmaster

Mar 12, 2014
    center of the mind
    Been tempted by some of the orange combos for a while. Enjoy yours!

11. suncrush

suncrush Senior Stratmaster

Mar 25, 2014
    Pittsburgh
    Every time I plug into an Orange tube amp at the store, I am impressed how much Orangey mojo they crammed into the micro terror.