Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

New again - 30 year hiatus from playing

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Bowmap, Dec 23, 2017.

1. Bowmap

Bowmap NVT Gold Member

Dec 23, 2017
    Virtually Everywhere
    30 years is a long story, life, career, etc got in the way. I have liked what I have seen in posts so here I am. I am learning all over again but this time I am doing so on a strat, or at least what I hope is a strat. My acoustic 12 sits mournfully on the wall. I just brought it back to life. I have had it longer than my wife.

Maybe I am retreading a tired question, but the more research I do the more indecisive I become about what I found yesterday. It is a strat style. Some things seem correct and other leave me scratching my head. The neck has been replaced so I believe. I question the decals on the head. I am trying to determine how much of this guitar is Fender if any. The first thing I thought was to run down the serial number. Whooops, the neck has been replaced. No serial number on the head. The replacement neck feels good, the fret ends are smoothed, the finger board and neck is birds-eye maple. Not exactly the wood of choice for fakes. The bridge pickup is a Seymor Duncan mini humbucker. The other two pickups are normal strat fair. The volume on tone knobs have been replace with chrome set screw knurled knobs. Again, more cost than I would expect on a fake. It has a two screw tremolo bridge with machined saddles. And the last upgrades is a roller nut at the head and locking tuners with the Fender 'F' on them. Oh and the strap posts are a quick release type.

Honestly, I bought it for the neck and tuners if the rest of the guitar is junk. But the more I read here in this site, the more my theory that this is a strat that has been customized.

So what forum would this post be best served?

TheDuck and ocean like this.

2. nederemer

nederemer Strat-O-Master

Oct 25, 2017
    Somerset, Kentucky, USA.
    Your best bet would be to post a few pics

johnnymg likes this.

3. johnnymg

johnnymg Senior Stratmaster Strat-Talk Supporter

Sep 5, 2015
    Central Coast Ca
    Welcome to Strat-Talk

4. Bowmap

Bowmap NVT Gold Member

Dec 23, 2017
    Virtually Everywhere
    Thanks for the Welcome.

Mr. Nederemer - here are some detail shots.
    GSX2.jpg GSX6.jpg GSX7.jpg GSX4.jpg GSX3.jpg

ocean likes this.

5. Colnago1

Colnago1 Strat-Talker

Sep 2, 2014
    Where am I?
    Looks real to me. Not sure which model it is, but it sure looks nice!
    Congrats and welcome!

6. StratPlus97

StratPlus97 Strat-O-Master

Apr 7, 2016
    USA
    You already posted the same post a minute ago...this is the same post and looks like you just added some info that a few members gave you and added it to this post. You should keep it in one post.

Anyway, the Neck is not a Fender.
    That neck plate is a 40th anniversary plate. The body was also a popular color for the 40th anniversary MIA strats in 1994 I believe so the body may be a MIA. Why don’t you pop off the Neck and pickguard and have a look.

Tone Deaf likes this.

7. Thrup'ny Bit

Thrup'ny Bit Grand Master Curmudgeon Strat-Talk Supporter

May 21, 2010
    Sheffield, UK
    The bridge has the offset screw saddles, so it probably is. The neck looks very pretty but it's not Fender Custom Shop.

Welcome to the forum @Bowmap

8. ocean

ocean Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Apr 14, 2015
    In a house
    Welcome to ST.

9. Groovey

Groovey Most Honored Senior Member

Nov 17, 2016
    NC. USA
    Yes. Welcome to the forum. It's definitely a real guitar! Lol.

Looks like a nice one that someone took alot of interest in. More details maybe be found in the neck pocket, base of the neck and under the pickguard.

10. Tone Deaf

Tone Deaf Senior Stratmaster

Feb 12, 2009
    New Jersey, USA
    If you're pleased with the way it plays and sounds, be happy.
    Sounds like a fairly high quality partscaster.

jazzman1021 likes this.

11. jazzman1021

jazzman1021 Strat-Talker

Dec 11, 2012
    Earlville, IL 60518
    If it plays well, sounds good and you like it, play it, and don't "fret" about its lineage. :thumb:

12. Tone Quest

Tone Quest Strat-O-Master

Sep 11, 2013
    Raleigh, NC
    Welcome to the forums, and back to guitar playing.

ocean likes this.

13. jeff h

jeff h Senior Stratmaster

Jan 13, 2017
    Ohio
    Welcome.

Similar to my story but I let 20-ish years elapse. Now that the distractions are over, enjoy that guitar for the rest of your days.

ocean likes this.

14. mikeyboyeee

mikeyboyeee New Member!

Oct 3, 2017
    South Florida
    Similar story here b took about 25-30 years off. Have had a mid 80s Kramer focus 6000 shredder for about 7 yrs. I would play that a coupleo xs a year for 30 mn.

Gf got me back into it and have since added a 2010 highway 1 strat, 2017 PRS 24 SE custom Floyd Rose, Hamer Echotone and a 2018 Les Paul Tribute. Tweaker 15 4x12 stack and a Jet city Jca22h head. All within past 6 mos. Jet city going out to be heavily modded. It's nice to be back.

ocean likes this.