Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

New American Pro colors?

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by MikeinMaryland, Jan 9, 2019.

1. MikeinMaryland

MikeinMaryland Strat-Talk Member

Mar 28, 2015
    Maryland
    Hi all, does anyone know if Fender plans to introduce any new colors to the American Professional line around the upcoming NAMM show? I'm interested in buying an American Pro strat but am not crazy about the colors in the current line up. Thanks.

abnormaltoy and Andrew Wasson like this.
  2. Nerd

Nerd Strat-Talker

Apr 7, 2014
    Reading, UK
    I have asked Fender just before Christmas and here's the reply

Hoping for fiesta red or better - old and forgotten gunmetal blue

abnormaltoy likes this.
  3. John C

John C Senior Stratmaster

Jul 17, 2012
    Kansas City
    The current color set has been in place since they came out in December 2016 - they did add candy apple red and natural (clear) over ash in 2017. I think CAR might be discontinued as Fender was trying to blow out the American Pro Jaguar in that color for about $300 off back in December.

I suppose Fender is trying to keep any changes embargoed until the NAMM show starts in 2 weeks.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
    abnormaltoy likes this.
  4. MikeinMaryland

MikeinMaryland Strat-Talk Member

Mar 28, 2015
    Maryland
    Thanks. I’d love to see Daphne Blue but I suspect it’s a long shot

5. midwestfisherma

midwestfisherma Senior Stratmaster

Nov 27, 2011
    MI
    Daphne blue would be awesome!

Jesse414 and abnormaltoy like this.
  6. 3bolt79

3bolt79 Strat-O-Master

Oct 16, 2018
    Tacoma in two weeks
    I wish they would do lake placid blue.

Jesse414, abnormaltoy and jrbirdman like this.
  7. Andrew Wasson

Andrew Wasson Strat-O-Master

Nov 6, 2018
    Vancouver, Canada
    Sonic Blue and I’d be all over one but I think I might be blowing this year’s guitar budget before the NAMM show.

abnormaltoy likes this.
  8. SkylineUK

SkylineUK Strat-Talk Member

Sep 16, 2015
    England
    I was dismayed a couple of years ago when the Dupont colours (good for over half a century) disappeared to be replaced by a fairly boring range. I confidently predict the return of the timeless Dupont colours after a brief rest. I don't know if they'll be back this year, but I can imagine the marketing ballyhoo when they do: "At last! The return of our heritage range of colours...etc."

abnormaltoy likes this.
  9. jrbirdman

jrbirdman Senior Stratmaster

Feb 3, 2016
    Elk Plain, Wa.

With a dark rosewood fret board and clay dots...sweet!

abnormaltoy likes this.
  10. crawdaddy

crawdaddy Senior Stratmaster

Feb 11, 2010
    Valley o Sun
    As a lefty...I'd be thrilled if we saw anything other than White, Black or Sunburst....

If you are reading this....very boring Mr. Fender.....

11. The Birdman

The Birdman Strat-Talker

I wish they would bring back Sonic Blue, Daphne Blue, Surf Green, Seafoam Green and Lake Placid Blue, too. But I doubt we'll ever see them on the American Pros.......they are a draw to buy Custom Shop!

Added by edit: Of course, you do see them from time to time on FSR models, like the Sonic Blue with solid rosewood neck FSR Am Pro Strat last year.

Andrew Wasson and abnormaltoy like this.
  12. abnormaltoy

abnormaltoy BushBaby Strat-Talk Supporter

Apr 28, 2013
    Tucson
    We'll know in a week or so...I really liked the Dakota Red from a few years ago, Sonic and Lake Placid blues as well.

SkylineUK likes this.
  13. Numbercruncher

Numbercruncher Strat-Talker

Nov 28, 2017
    Spokane, WA
    I would say there is ZERO reason to buy right now. We are only two weeks out and Ibanez has already announced their NAMM lineup so maybe Fender will follow suit with an early release. Part of me thinks boring updates like colors may get announced early so as to avoid any letdown at the show as in "is that all they for NAMM?" A major new model may be better off released at NAMM while there is attention around the world as well as competition from your competitors but Fender shot that down by bringing out the Peformer line in November. I don't know which is the best marketing ploy but figure it must relate to keeping buyers on their feet. If all guitars are only introduced on January 1 of each year then come October everyone will wait to see what is announced.

I am interested to see if Charvel has any new colors on one of their HSS models but a transparent red Player strat anywhere in the lineup would pique my interest as well. I hate tall narrow fret wire so I would want to see that change on an American Pro but that is likely to NEVER happen either.

NC

14. circles

circles Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Crossing my fingers for plaid!

nadzab and Dick Blackmore like this.
  15. Jesse414

Jesse414 Strat-Talker

Jan 1, 2019
    Wisconsin
    Daphne blue and lake placid blue are 2 of the best colors on earth I think even aliens love those colors:D

SkylineUK likes this.
  16. jrbirdman

jrbirdman Senior Stratmaster

Feb 3, 2016
    Elk Plain, Wa.

I believe Fender is exporting all of the Daphne blue , the Lake Placid blue as well as the Dakota reds to another planet outside our galaxy.

17. Nerd

Nerd Strat-Talker

Apr 7, 2014
    Reading, UK
    I really like classic American Standard colours like gunmetal mentioned earlier or torino red and Im hoping Fender will eventually come back to them in the core line. I would be all over a strat in above colours

18. Nubs

Nubs Strat-Talker

Aug 29, 2015
    Houston, TX
    +1. Although we did get tidepool blue and sonic red this year on the player models. And we actually got a white MIM tele with a Pao Ferro board which fills a gap in the lefty color lineup.

But I agree. We could really use more surf green, sonic blue, really anything else besides boring black and burst.

crawdaddy likes this.
  19. Bowmap

Bowmap I Nose A Thang or Two Gold Member

Dec 23, 2017
    TBD
  20. nadzab

nadzab So many guitars, so little time... Strat-Talk Supporter

I'm considering picking up an Am. Pro, but I have to say I wish they came in the Player Series color choices.

Numbercruncher and Andrew Wasson like this.