Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

New Guitar, Baby, and Job post....

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by Folk_Hogan, Jul 1, 2017.

1. CigBurn

CigBurn Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Jun 22, 2014
    The Shed
    Congrats on all of this, new gig, new baby and even new gear. This post pretty much has it all!

2. shovelmike

shovelmike Senior Stratmaster

Sep 26, 2013
    Missouri
    Man, you have got great things going for you. Congrats on the new job, baby, and guitar.
    A child certainly changes your perspective on life! It doesn't seem like that long ago when I made the transition......yet our elder son recently turned 35.

liltimmy likes this.

3. nungesser

nungesser down in the bayou down around El Cerrito Strat-Talk Supporter

Apr 28, 2014
    Ireland
    great name!
    cool, we'll stay in touch and see how much time you have when your here, we can manage a drink no problem and if your not to busy I can show you around

4. liltimmy

liltimmy Senior Stratmaster

Sounds like you are doing well Folk Hogan! Congrats on the boy, I been there. Never thought I'd have a musician on my hands but he's pretty serious about his horn. Made varsity HS coming from behind. If you are coming through the Austin area anytime in the future, gimme a heads up. I know a nice cigar shop on 6th, since you had a boy and all, lol.

Fo' real dough. I'll dump you my phone number in case you ever make it down. I gotta 15 day stretch ahead of me and things are lookin' pretty good but you know how the music business is, feast or famine. If I ain't giggin' I'd be glad to meet up with you if you gotta minute to kill. I know some good spots!

Nate D likes this.

5. Tube ToneChaser

Tube ToneChaser Strat-O-Master

Mar 30, 2017
    South Carolina; USA
    Man! You MUST feel like you're on "Top of the World!" BIG Congrats on your new Baby, guitar, and touring opportunity! ALL the BEST to you & your family!

6. RPKennedy

RPKennedy Senior Stratmaster Silver Member

Apr 27, 2013
    Oconomowoc, WI
    Continued congrats Folk Hogan, but if I may, "someday" arrived today, as I took delivery of a Thalia capo. It is all that I expected and then some. I believe I have owned every capo available, and all have disappointed in one way or another.
    I slid the 24K Gold & Rosewood Thalia on my Santa Cruz acoustic this evening and was rewarded with perfect tuning and the clarity I'd never previously experienced with any other capo. The Santa Cruz has a unique 14" fretboard radius, so I had to purchase the extra 14" Specialty kit - worthwhile. Aside from all of the different radii attachments (7.25 through "flat" for classical guitars,) the inserts come in either standard or a thicker high tension (for 12-strings for example) and either rubber or teflon fretpads. I'm truly loving the standard tension teflon.

I realize my review above reads like a paid advertisement, but I'm merely an ecstatic customer.

7. Ebidis

Ebidis Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Nov 14, 2013
    Alabama
    Wow! congrats on the baby, and the gig. Sounds like your family and career are doing well. That's awesome on both fronts. :thumb:

Folk_Hogan likes this.

8. bluejazzoid

bluejazzoid Strats Amore Strat-Talk Supporter

Aug 14, 2009
    Southeast USA
    Wow, what a great wave of good things to be riding! Congrats, and keep us posted on all the fun when you can!

Folk_Hogan likes this.

9. bigbasscat

bigbasscat Strat-Talk Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Sep 10, 2017
    San Francisco
    That's a whole lotta "news" at one time.

Folk_Hogan likes this.

10. MetalPedal

MetalPedal Senior Stratmaster Strat-Talk Supporter

Oct 22, 2016
    Auto-Wah, Canada
    Congrats on, well, everything!

Folk_Hogan likes this.

11. marklk

marklk Strat-Talker

May 23, 2016
    Kansas City
    Congrats on everything.

It's hard to beat a couple of new great guitars (btw your thread on your 63 is what got me hooked on this site. Thanks. I think).

Touring with Ryan Adams (When the Stars Go Blue was the first dance for me and my wife at our wedding) definitely tops that.

Few things could top touring with Ryan Adams but my guess is that new baby boy does.

Folk_Hogan likes this.

12. amstratnut

amstratnut Peace thru Music. Strat-Talk Supporter

Dec 1, 2009
    My house.
    Well I jus

Well, I just gave birth to twins in between touring with Led Zeppelin. :p

Congrats! On everything. May you keep on pickin and grinnin.

montemerrick and CigBurn like this.

13. Folk_Hogan

Folk_Hogan Senior Stratmaster

Mar 7, 2016
    Los Angeles
    Dude! I got one too !!!

It's actually really great. I've been using it on my vintage strat. Pretty much perfectly in tune when I put it on there and if it's not in tune I can kind of move it around to pitch.

I got the all rosewood one.

Thanks for coming back to this!

RPKennedy likes this.

14. Folk_Hogan

Mar 7, 2016
    Los Angeles
    Hahah ! Thanks!!

15. amstratnut

amstratnut Peace thru Music. Strat-Talk Supporter

Dec 1, 2009
    My house.
    Serious question. Are you touring with Tal Wikenfeld? I know Im too old but I have a crush on her.

Dadocaster likes this.

16. Folk_Hogan

Mar 7, 2016
    Los Angeles
    Haha, no.. different bass player, I believe she is touring with her own band.

17. RaySachs

RaySachs Strat-Talker

Jun 25, 2017
    Philly area
    Just saw the video of you on "Ellen" - really nice playing. They had the camera on the boss for most of your short solo, but caught a few seconds of you from an angle. Somehow they didn't return the favor when he took his at the end of the tune... ;)

Congratulations on all of the above! I can't imagine what it would be like to tour with an act like Ryan Adams, but I've had experience with the new baby thing and it's pretty amazing. I'm sure you miss the little guy out on the road...

CigBurn likes this.

18. Bob the builder

Bob the builder Senior Stratmaster

May 2, 2016
    Cranston, Rhode Island
    Happy for you, congratulations Dad

19. stratobiker

stratobiker Strat-O-Master

Sep 16, 2011
    France
    Wow! Congratulations! You've got it all going on! Well done.....

20. Mr C

Mr C Senior Stratmaster Silver Member

Feb 17, 2016
    New Zealand
    Congrats on all of it, I have no experience as a bona fide touring rock star but I can certainly attest to the awesomeness of new fatherhood...

amstratnut and RaySachs like this.