Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

New Hendrix album released today. Both sides of the sky.

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by Jamie, Mar 9, 2018.

1. Monkeyboy

Monkeyboy Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

May 23, 2015
    Ghost Dog Heart
    Him and " Lash" LaRue rode off into the sunset with Elvis and some groupies.

2. garyhoos1

garyhoos1 Huffing n Puffing. Silver Member

Jan 28, 2012
    North Wales and Somerset.
    I’m in , been a while since I had a good listen to Jimi.
    s5tuart likes this.

3. lammie200

lammie200 Strat-O-Master

Apr 25, 2016
    San Francisco
    One word: Search engine

4. montemerrick

montemerrick spiritual birthday, April 1 Strat-Talk Supporter

i listened on the NPR preview... it's terrific and yet another reminder of what a loss the 50+ years of Jimi we didn't get are...
    Lovnmesomestrat likes this.

5. Paperback Rocker

Paperback Rocker Nitro-mancer Strat-Talk Supporter

Sep 18, 2014
    Victoria TX
    Search engine is two words.
    vid1900 likes this.

6. Neil.C

Neil.C Senior Stratmaster

Mar 3, 2012
    Surrey, England
    Always listening to Jimi so looking forward to getting this one.
    Lovnmesomestrat likes this.

7. Deebs3

Deebs3 Strat-O-Master

Jul 10, 2014
    I like it, the last song has Jimi playing a sitar, nice way to finish off the trilogy I spose.. .

8. Hydr0

Hydr0 Strat-Talk Member

Aug 3, 2015
    New York
    It's a testament to how great he was and how far his music was ahead of its time. He created so much amazing material during such a short period of time, which should be recognized. In my opinion his playing and creativity was still on an uptrend trend and set to breakout when he left us. I totally appreciate what Eddie Kramer has done to help produce these albums and I think it's sad that the "new" material is starting to run out. Apparently, there is still plenty of live stuff to release, so I could look forward to that. I might be old fashioned, but I don't want Jimi's material to be released on the Netflix model. I'm cool with the way they've been doing it.

9. davidKOS

davidKOS Musician Strat-Talk Supporter

May 28, 2012
    Either there is an awful lot of Hendrix material in the can, or somebody is faking it big time.
    Percy likes this.

10. Percy

Percy Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Yes 6 feet from a come back.....:thumb:
    davidKOS likes this.

11. Polarbear

Polarbear Don Poleone Strat-Talk Supporter

Apr 18, 2011
    St Leonards, UK
    Oh hell yeah, Mb!

Of course, Bunny! You know this!

12. Mipstoo

Mipstoo Strat-O-Master

Mar 18, 2013
    Rockingham Palace
    I'm quite happy that the album is good... Normally, after someone is no longer there and something new is released, it's less interesting and it's a way to make some post-mortem money. With this one, I'm under the impression that they found some takes that were lost all these times and were album worthy already when he was still there...

13. Sonny

Sonny .. The smiles returning to the faces ..

Aug 9, 2009
    Ballerup Denmark

Of course, Bunny! You know this![/QUOTE]

Well .. I'm getting old:) Best Hendrix album is still "Axis" btw.

14. vid1900

vid1900 Senior Stratmaster

Nov 25, 2016
    There is another 12 albums of Jimi material in the vault.

They are planning on releasing an album or so every year.

Each release will have some unheard of songs, some alt-takes, some stronger cuts.

All the really strong cuts are being spread between the discs, so you have to buy them all....

15. Mesaman

Mesaman Strat-O-Master

Oct 20, 2014
    Mesa AZ
    Fixed it.
    Paperback Rocker likes this.

16. Stormy Monday

Stormy Monday Lost Soul Strat-Talk Supporter

Jan 19, 2011
    red barn, USA
    Jimi has been pretty prolific these past few years...

17. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Senior Stratmaster

I listened to this album twice this weekend, both times in the car by myself with the volume cranked and from beginning to end. I don't have the songs clearly differentiated in my mind yet, the downside of driving while listening. But I did find Georgia Blues, Power of Soul, and Things I Used to Do as standouts. This isn't some gimmick album, there is some meat in this psychedelic stew of Jimi goodness.
    monwobobbo and Paperback Rocker like this.

18. davidKOS

davidKOS Musician Strat-Talk Supporter

May 28, 2012
    A bit too prolific for my taste and my ability to believe he recorded that much material in a couple year period.
    Stormy Monday likes this.

19. Teddy Watkins

Teddy Watkins Senior Stratmaster

Sep 25, 2009
    What else did he have to do? Especially since some of the stuff is a mix of studio jams and alternate versions of songs, not that hard to believe. A lot of the stuff labeled "previously unreleased" isn't new material.

Better than I expected. Highlights for me were "Jungle", "Sending My Love to Linda" and that "Sweet Angel" instrumental.
    davidKOS likes this.

20. monwobobbo

monwobobbo Strat-O-Master

Aug 30, 2010
    scottsville ny usa
    Jimi practiced in the studio with band members. he recorded everything which is well documented. he was also a prefectionist which resulted in many takes of most of what he recorded. Jimi also had a habit of redoing a song if he wasn't happy with any part of it. unike today he didn't do much cut and paste. he recorded a basic track with the band and it had to be exactly what he wanted. often some of the tracks that were done seemed just fine to most of us but not Jimi. this is what is getting released now. one difference is that Eddie Kramer is taking sections of different takes and assembling them into a finished song. all Hendrix playing though so that is fine with me.
    davidKOS likes this.