Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

new humbucker

Discussion in 'Squier Strat Forum' started by Athanasios, May 18, 2018 at 3:46 AM.

1. Athanasios

Athanasios Strat-Talk Member

Mar 23, 2018
    Greece
    IMG_20180516_175001.jpg i ve got an sss squier and an hss pickguard lying around.So i decided to turn it into hss.Short on cash and with no use of a bridge single coil i bought a wilkinson mwhb pickup.Anyone tried it?I didnt manage to wire up yet....from description it is the classic humbucker vintage voice, but with a slightly high output. Fantastic quality humbuckers, with warm and crystalline clean tones, full and bright distorted tones, & smooth sustain. Bridge: 15k ohm. Made in China.
    Although tge resisstance might be wron cause the same zebra style says 13.8

Last edited: May 18, 2018 at 3:59 AM

2. ChukkerNation

ChukkerNation Strat-O-Master

Apr 9, 2015
    Magrathea
    Sounds like a winner. I’ll be curious as to what you think when you get it wired up.

3. sam_in_cali

sam_in_cali Scream for me Strat-Talk! Strat-Talk Supporter

Feb 21, 2014
    Santa Maria, CA
    I thinking same thing...why is it all put back together and not wired up? :confused:

4. mad axe man

mad axe man Senior Stratmaster

Jul 23, 2016
    ontario canada
    hard to find solder in greece

5. Athanasios

Mar 23, 2018
    Greece
    I dont know howe to solderAnyways its wired up.Heavy metal to the core.Very hot to get a more woody sound its almost flush to the pickguard.4/64 meand its full of gain so much that you cant control it from the amp 4-10 its the same.Yet its very defined with a fair amount of mids.So with fender recommendations of humbucker height it sounds loke Judas Priest from the Screaming for vegeance tour

ChukkerNation likes this.

6. sam_in_cali

Feb 21, 2014
    Santa Maria, CA
    Sounds like a success to me :thumb:

7. Athanasios

Mar 23, 2018
    Greece
    actually no it sucks....the pickup is not responsive to anything else...not only the picking hand but even the amp gain...i played for some hours...gain at 3 or at 10 the sound is tha same ...totally sucks

ChukkerNation likes this.

8. Guitarmageddon

Guitarmageddon Squier-A-Holic Strat-Talk Supporter

Apr 19, 2014
    Windsor, Ontario, Canada
    Wired wrong then

Triple Jim likes this.

9. Athanasios

Mar 23, 2018
    Greece
    Again?????????? Wtf??????

10. Athanasios

Mar 23, 2018
    Greece
    I would really be thankful if someone sent a photo of the wiring in his squier...j mean tge pots are all ****ed up so are the lugs ftom the selector.Today i went searching with he wires... solder unsolder in every possible combination i made a mess in the wiring...even burnt some wires with the soldering iron...but now i learned the hard way...the sc are fine to my ears.A shop here in Greece has the dimarzio air paf for 59€ new.I ll get that pay 40 more to have new guts pots etc and i m good.Although with 16 € more i get a new bullet hss....

11. sam_in_cali

Feb 21, 2014
    Santa Maria, CA
    Google is your friend..there is no shortage of wiring diagrams out there but Seymour Duncan and Dimarzio are usually the best places to go to.

Here's is your basic HSS (1 vol, 2 tone, 5-way switch) wiring layout:
    [​IMG]

Seymour Duncan likes this.

12. Athanasios

Mar 23, 2018
    Greece
    Maybe i just solderedat the wrong lugs cause the selector has them in a row...The mini pots onnthe squire are short shaft or normal?i must rewire the whokw thing its a mess of solder

13. ChukkerNation

ChukkerNation Strat-O-Master

Apr 9, 2015
    Magrathea
    It happens. It’s always an adventure chasing down wiring issues when you wire something wrong. Patience will be your friend. If you feel yourself losing it - stop and grab a beer.

Athanasios and amstratnut like this.