Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

New MIJ hybrid with 60’s colors

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by elliotj26, Dec 28, 2017.

1. Thrup'ny Bit

Thrup'ny Bit Grand Master Curmudgeon Strat-Talk Supporter

May 21, 2010
    Sheffield, UK
    There's never been a policy. Japanese Fenders have always been available here, especially FSRs, just not in the quantites of the 80s and 90s.

2. stratlt

stratlt Strat-Talk Member

May 1, 2009
    Kaunas, Lithuania
    I don't think you need a proxy. For me it is enough to change my region at the bottom of Fender's website to Japan.

3. Neil.C

Neil.C Most Honored Senior Member

Mar 3, 2012
    Surrey, England
    Yes I saw some MIJ Paisley Tele's on one of the big sites recently, probably GG.

Thrup'ny Bit likes this.

4. diogoguitar

diogoguitar Senior Stratmaster

Feb 2, 2012
    Northwest US
    maybe, but the classic player series is made in Mexico. Nothing against MIM's, but some people might prefer Japanese Fenders.

5. stratman323

stratman323 Dr. Stratster Strat-Talk Supporter

Apr 21, 2010
    London, UK
    Some people definitely do. It will be interesting to see how much more the MIJ guitars cost compared to their MIM competitors.

6. Thrup'ny Bit

May 21, 2010
    Sheffield, UK
    One that had a price on it was £863. I don't know how much MIMs are these days, it's ten years since I bought mine.

7. Percy

Percy Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

8. velvet_man

velvet_man Strat-O-Master

Sep 7, 2016
    Vancouver
    They're not the same, though. I would be interested in the Classic Player series if it wasn't 12" radius and C shaped neck. The MIJ hybrids are 9.5" and U shaped, which is much more appealing to me (I love the chunky MIJ necks!).

Also, the Classic Player is only available in burst and "sonic blue" that doesn't look blue at all. It looks like a dull off-white. I like the MIJ colour options much better.

9. Thrup'ny Bit

May 21, 2010
    Sheffield, UK
    Virtually the same does not mean identical to. Read what I wrote more carefully.

10. Neil.C

Neil.C Most Honored Senior Member

Mar 3, 2012
    Surrey, England
    The '50's style Classic Player is 9.5" radius.

Thrup'ny Bit likes this.

11. velvet_man

velvet_man Strat-O-Master

Sep 7, 2016
    Vancouver
    Cool, I didn't know that. I've been gasing for a 60s Strat for a while now, so I've gone over all of the specs of all the 60s strats out there, but I haven't looked at the 50s at all. It makes me wonder why they went with a 12" on the 60s, though. I would have been more interested in it if it were 9.5 like the 50s, though I'm still a fan of either of the colour options. In the end, I still think these MIJ hydribs are more in line with what I'm after, so I for one think these a great option to have that fill a niche that wasn't quite filled before. I hope some local shops get some so I can try them out.

12. Lone Woof

Lone Woof Senior Stratmaster

Nov 30, 2014
    WI
    Not to throw a wrench into this (here I go), but I posted yesterday about some MIJ "Traditional 60s" models I saw on ebay. The Classic series mentioned in this thread (also came across those) were described as having "slim C" and "9.5 radius" in the description of the neck, while the "Traditional 60s" models said "U shape" and "7.25 radius." They all looked great, and come in some colors not offered by Fender USA. They're pretty pricey, though.

This is from an Amazon listing, IIRC: StratJapan.png

13. Lone Woof

Nov 30, 2014
    WI

14. Lone Woof

Nov 30, 2014
    WI
    FWIW, it looks like all the Traditional 60s models, Strats, Jazzmasters and Mustangs have basswood bodies and polyurethane finishes.

15. Dick Blackmore

Dick Blackmore Strat-O-Master

Jan 10, 2017
    San Diego
    medium jumbo fret which are hard to cause sound clogging to high position

Excellent! I dont know wtf that is but I want it. No sound clogging for me thank you very much! \m/:p\m/

QuackAttack likes this.

16. stratman323

Apr 21, 2010
    London, UK
    I wonder what sort of pickups they have?

17. Sangetsu

Sangetsu Strat-Talker

Oct 6, 2017
    Tokyo
    USA Vintage pickups.

For you Americans, there are no tariffs or duties on Japanese goods. You Europeans are not so lucky.

18. stratman323

Apr 21, 2010
    London, UK
    What does that mean? o_O

19. Yogi

Yogi Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Jan 21, 2009
    Tuscaloosa, AL
    Probabaly 57/62s. I'm pretty sure that's what they were described as on the cp50s

20. circles

circles Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Maybe you have not heard yet, Fender released a new hybrid gas-electric guitar!

mlrtngchnkgldyyjxhk2.jpg