Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

New Partscaster build

Discussion in 'Non-Fender S-Type Guitar Forum' started by hippychip, Dec 11, 2017.

1. hippychip

hippychip Strat-Talk Member

Dec 9, 2015
    Florida
    Washburn body, free neck/bridge/electronics from my friend's broken guitar (swapped in a Humbucker), hand built wood pickguard/backplate/jackplate, black speed knobs, and black skull tuners. Just need to solder a few wires and buy a bag of pickguard screws to get her ready for strings.

[​IMG][/IMG] 20171211_164124.jpg 20171211_164151.jpg 20171211_164429.jpg

2. jaybones

jaybones Most Honored Senior Member

Homemade 9 string HS?

3. hippychip

Dec 9, 2015
    Florida
    Beautiful neck that has a few extra holes in the headstock courtesy of a previous owner---no big deal---I just replaced the body, and swapped a Humbucker in the bridge---pretty sure I won't be adding 3 more strings!

4. jaybones

jaybones Most Honored Senior Member

You won’t have to worry about neck dive...

5. hippychip

Dec 9, 2015
    Florida
    The guitar the neck came off of was a great player---I leveled and dressed the frets about 2 months before my buddy dropped it and cracked the body---instead of bringing it to me to repair he decided to finish it off by "dropping" it several more times. I've had the Washburn body and the pickguard I made for it for years waiting for the right neck, this one fit the neck pocket like it was made for it, and came with the electronics and a nice bridge---this is going to be a great axe!

6. fattboyzz

fattboyzz Strat-O-Master Strat-Talk Supporter

Sep 24, 2017
    Sharpsburg ,Ga.
    bullet-hole-car-decal.jpg get some of these for those holes in the headstock ; )

RobZ69 likes this.

7. hippychip

Dec 9, 2015
    Florida
    All I can find is metal or glass so far, but that's a cool idea! I was going to plug the holes, and cover the headstock face with Maple cabinet veneer, but I decided to just leave them.

8. MrYeats

MrYeats Strat-O-Master Vendor Member

Jan 31, 2016
    Texas Coast
    interesting turn on relicing!

9. hippychip

Dec 9, 2015
    Florida
    The final version of this build will have a polished aluminum diamond plate pickguard, and the headstock will be plugged/veneered or painted black. I'm just using the wood guard as a prototype/pattern while I figure out what pickups I want to use. The body has the "swimming pool" route, so there is room for 3 humbuckers , or whatever combination I decide. I can make another wood pickguard in a couple of hours if need be, but I want to be sure everything is perfect before I spend the time cutting the metal one!