Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

New Squier Bullet

Discussion in 'Squier Strat Forum' started by Faietan, Dec 5, 2017.

1. Faietan

Faietan New Member!

Dec 3, 2017
    Philadelphia, PA
    Just got a new sea foam bullet for 120 bucks. I put a set of 11s on it and it sounds great. I was comparing the sounds to my Mexican Strat and the pick ups on the Squier have almost like a country twang. They definitely sound unique. My Mexican seems to produce much more bass like tones and the Squier has more of a high trebel twang. It isn’t necessarily a bad thing, I actually like the uniqueness of the sound. After I changed the strings and polished the fretboard a bit it feels and sounds great.

Guitarmageddon likes this.

2. Dadocaster

Dadocaster Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

I have liked the ones I have played. Welcome to ST and have fun with your Bullet.

Faietan likes this.

3. johnnymg

johnnymg Senior Stratmaster

Sep 5, 2015
    Central Coast Ca
    Congrats and welcome to Strat-Talk!

Try adjusting the bass side of the pups higher than the treble side. The Bullet pups have a sort of 'in your face' tone.

Oh......... the tuners on the Bullet are pretty bad.

Overall, I think the Bullet strat is awesome. :)

Faietan likes this.

4. jvin248

jvin248 Senior Stratmaster

Jan 10, 2014
    Michigan

Indonesian built with the hard tail? Those are lighter wound pickup bobbins. Very easy to get Quack (lower the middle pickup more than the neck and bridge) in 2 & 4.

If you want darker tones from it, get a 250k fixed resistor and clip it across the volume pot outer lugs and it will slide the effective volume pot down to 125k and give darker tones.

Faietan likes this.

5. archetype

archetype Strat-Talk Member

Nov 26, 2016
    Williamsville NY
    The new Bullets are big bang for the bucks. Yes, the tuners are sloppy junk, but they can usually be improved by tightening the gear retaining screws with some Loctite Blue thread lock cement on the threads.

Faietan likes this.