Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

NGD 1983 Korean Squier Strat from Hollywood Sam Ash for $145 what is it?

Discussion in 'Squier Strat Forum' started by Tussinland, May 16, 2018.

1. Tussinland

Tussinland Strat-Talk Member

Jun 18, 2015
    Modesto, CA
    A0B12561-9F04-44D5-BE90-E32BF1BDF20E.jpeg 03E3BF1D-4146-4FAB-B5F6-BF0F3D215560.jpeg it’s cool it’s light I like the sound but don’t what it is

Attached Files:

2. Tussinland

Jun 18, 2015
    Modesto, CA

3. Tussinland

Jun 18, 2015
    Modesto, CA
    The year is wrong I think

4. Guitarmageddon

Guitarmageddon Squier-A-Holic Strat-Talk Supporter

Apr 19, 2014
    Windsor, Ontario, Canada
    Last edited: May 16, 2018
    Tussinland likes this.

5. Tussinland

Jun 18, 2015
    Modesto, CA
    Figure out your own crap? Ok I’m trying to delete this thread when I figure it out I will

6. Guitarmageddon

Guitarmageddon Squier-A-Holic Strat-Talk Supporter

Apr 19, 2014
    Windsor, Ontario, Canada
    No that was a joke as my title in my profile, it has NOTHING to do with giving advice or asking for help on this forum, it was a private joke....we're here to help! Why so negative?

I have changed it now to 'Squier-A-Holic' :)

Why did you assume my Custom Title was about you??? :( I'm sorry!

Mr Grindhouse and Tussinland like this.

7. ChukkerNation

ChukkerNation Senior Stratmaster

Apr 9, 2015
    Magrathea
    Ah that’s funny. Simple misunderstanding. I was so confused reading the thread. Tuss, Guitarmageddon is always a great and friendly source for MIK Squiers.

8. Tussinland

Jun 18, 2015
    Modesto, CA
    This guitar has one odd quality— playing it unplugged on the couch it is loud and pleasant and great to sing with. Nearly as good as just having an acoustic

fattboyzz and Guitarmageddon like this.

9. Stratoskater

Stratoskater Senior Stratmaster

Feb 8, 2011
    Raleigh NC
    Man I think you overpaid for that guitar. I have seen several of these VN2-VN5 serial number Squier's going for $75 or so online and on my local CL. Like Ryan said they are plywood bodies, have the very unreliable trapezoid tuners and very budget ceramic pickups. Not knocking squiers as a whole or this guitar in particular just saying there is no way I would pay $145 for it. There was a guy selling a fiesta red Classic 50's on my local CL for $250 earlier, course it sold in about 2 hours, but that is way more guitar for only $100 more.

10. 8T_BoCO

8T_BoCO Aspiring Stratospheric Stratitician Strat-Talk Supporter

Mar 2, 2016
    Colorado
    Many of these have quite nice necks.
    My CN2 MIK had the dreaded tuners and the thinner plywood body, but a maple neck I preferred to later CIC Squier necks.
    After playing a boat-anchor like my MIA, a lightweight Strat has a certain appeal...

Tussinland likes this.

11. dirocyn

dirocyn Strat-Talker

Jan 20, 2018
    Murfreesboro, TN
    My experience is the Korean Squiers have great necks. Where I am, used Affinities run $100, your guitar is considerably nicer than those for only $45 more. I feel that's a more relevant comparison than somebody else scoring an unusual and sweet deal on the other end of the continent. It's not likely you could get a neck as nice as your Korea Squier for under $100.

If it feels good in your hands and makes noises you like, play it, enjoy it, love it. There's nothing wrong with plywood for an electric guitar body (with an opaque finish). And there's nothing wrong with modding it, either.

West Coast Idea and Tussinland like this.

12. Tussinland

Jun 18, 2015
    Modesto, CA
    Maybe I’ll put in new tuners— maybe

13. Tussinland

Jun 18, 2015
    Modesto, CA
    I don’t care at all if I overpaid $50. I went in there ready to pay 600 for a Standard Tele or Strat but did not really want to do that yesterday at least. I’m down in LA from Seattle visiting my son and I miss my guitars at home so I just wanted something fun for while I’m here that was perfect. They had a 2008 les Paul studio faded with case for $549 and I may go buy that tomorrow it was pretty great. Also a GC has a vsr Ash Telecaster used for $398 and I WANT it but it’s not available til 6/1

FenderBNDR likes this.

14. ChukkerNation

Apr 9, 2015
    Magrathea
    I bet you get $145 worth of use out of it.

West Coast Idea and Tussinland like this.

15. Tussinland

Jun 18, 2015
    Modesto, CA
    If I bought a set of fender vintage tuners is it something relatively easy to install?

16. West Coast Idea

West Coast Idea Strat-O-Master

Mar 10, 2017
    Out on the Range
    You saw it, you liked it, you bought it. Congrats!

17. ChukkerNation

Apr 9, 2015
    Magrathea
    Yes. You will probably have a small hole on one side that you may have to cover but I did it. I replaced the traps with some import vintage and it took about ten to fifteen minutes. If the holes that you put the tuners through are too small, just take a flathead screwdriver and turn it around in there till the width is right.

Tussinland likes this.