Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

NGD: 1995 MIM plus a bonus.

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by mduganjr, Jan 11, 2019.

Tags:
  1. mduganjr

mduganjr Strat-Talker

Nov 16, 2016
    Covington, Louisiana
    I saw this guitar posted on Offerup and it looked interesting. The guy was asking $150 and I messaged him and asked about the neck. I decided to pass on it. He messaged me back a few hours later and said $100 if I got it today. So that was all the motivation I needed. I never get a deal like that around here.

I knew from the pickguard that the guitar had something swapped out. I pulled the hood and was expecting the ceramic pickups, but got a nice surprise. I had to do some Googling, but it looks like two SCN pickups and the neck looks like some generic Strat pickup. The wiring looks atrocious, but either way having two nice pickups makes the value even better. Also, this body doesn't have that machine hole that I see in all the MIM bodies. Could this have been one of those rumored USA bodies that made it's way across the border? Interesting for sure! I plan to maybe find an SCN neck pickup and put some tuners and saddles on this thing and keep it around.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. bluejazzoid

bluejazzoid Strats Amore Strat-Talk Supporter

Aug 14, 2009
    Southeast USA
    Very nice! Congrats :)

mduganjr likes this.
  3. mduganjr

mduganjr Strat-Talker

Nov 16, 2016
    Covington, Louisiana
    Now that I've had a little more time to look I think that neck pickup might be a Duncan Five/Two.

I didn't even get to play this guitar. I tried to strum one cord and the bottom string popped. I don't think it has been played much in the past few years.

Seymour Duncan and Mansonienne like this.
  4. SAguitar

SAguitar Senior Stratmaster

Jun 28, 2014
    Oregon
    Excellent score, what a great way to start a new year!

mduganjr likes this.
  5. hcski25

hcski25 Strat-Talker

Sep 28, 2015
    Boston
    Sweet deal. My 1996 MIM body doesn't have the CNC holes either. I don't think these were truly American made, but I could be wrong. The American Standard bodies in 95 and 96 had the swimming pool routing.

Andrew Wasson and mduganjr like this.
  6. Yves

Yves Senior Stratmaster

Jan 2, 2016
    London
    Cool Strat, congrats!

mduganjr likes this.
  7. jaybones

jaybones Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

8. mduganjr

mduganjr Strat-Talker

Nov 16, 2016
    Covington, Louisiana
    Leaning toward a mint green guard. Looking for saddles and tuners now. Of course I didn't measure the bridge before I left the house :)

Mansonienne likes this.
  9. Andrew Wasson

Andrew Wasson Strat-O-Master

Nov 6, 2018
    Vancouver, Canada
    SCORE!

I've got a maple neck one of these in black from 1994. I bought it a couple of years ago for $250 Canadian Dollars ($190 USD). They are an absolute sleeper of a guitar. Cheapest strat around and they play way above their weight. The neck is really something else. It doesn't seem to compare to any of the necks I've seen so I'm not sure where they came up with it but it sure is a nice, comfortable grip.

The bridge plate is ok but I upgraded mine anyway... If I were to do it again, I'd get a Callaham block and change the saddles. I put in the Fender MIM steel bent saddles but there's lots of options as good or better. I also upgraded to vintage style slotted tuners. Big, big difference over the trapezoidal ones it came with. They are the real point of failure with these guitars.

Good score on the pickups, switch and pots. That's all aftermarket. None of that is stock so it's just a matter of cleaning it up. Easy job if you take your time.

Mine looks like this at the moment. It was pretty beat up when I got it but a mint pick guard, A5 pickups, wiring, tuners and upgraded bridge and saddles and this guitar rocks.

IMG_4356.jpg

IMG_4279.jpg

Raiders757 and Mansonienne like this.
  10. mduganjr

mduganjr Strat-Talker

Nov 16, 2016
    Covington, Louisiana
    @Andrew Wasson that thing is sweet! I love the black pg screws too. I bought some and put them on my P Bass.

Mansonienne and Andrew Wasson like this.
  11. Andrew Wasson

Nov 6, 2018
    Vancouver, Canada
    mduganjr likes this.
  12. Andrew Wasson

Nov 6, 2018
    Vancouver, Canada
    Thanks! I like the black screws too. They really look great. It's hard to get the mint green and black to photograph well but that's a pretty good shot.

mduganjr likes this.
  13. stratomatt

stratomatt Strat-Talker

Sep 23, 2010
    San Diego
    Great score. There's really no way you can pass that up, even for $150. I bet once you get it dialed in it will be a real beast. Love the blonde with maple! (Not sure about the blue PG, but it's still gorgeous.)

14. Mansonienne

Mansonienne Stratocrastinator Extraordinaire Strat-Talk Supporter

Dec 2, 2015
    Paris suburbs, France
  15. WireLine

WireLine Strat-Talker

Apr 20, 2014
    Midland TX
    100 bones for a 95 is an insanely good deal.

16. mduganjr

mduganjr Strat-Talker

Nov 16, 2016
    Covington, Louisiana
    Not sure what it is, but deals are few and far between around me. Squier Bullets can hardly ever be had for under $100. I would think living close to a music town would have saturated the market but apparently not.

17. Lonn

Lonn Mod Admin Staff Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Admin Post
    Very nice. That's not a rumor about the MIM bodies and necks. Until 2003 all bodies and necks for Ensenada were cut in the US and sent there for finishing/painting/assembly. Make of that what you will.

mduganjr and Believer7713 like this.
  18. Raiders757

Raiders757 Senior Stratmaster

Sep 2, 2016
    Virginia
    Awesome find!!! HNGD!!

mduganjr and Believer7713 like this.
  19. Believer7713

Believer7713 Senior Stratmaster Silver Member

Dec 27, 2016
    US
    SCORE!!!! I have two of those Squier Series guitars and they are absolutely great guitars. The necks are amazing in every way. One of mine is black with a Maple neck/board and the other is a white one with Rosewood fretboard. I ended up replacing the frets in both of mine as well as most of the hardware because the frets were so worn out and the hardware because I just like what I like.
    I always ream the tuner holes if needed and use planet waves Auto Trim tuners
    [​IMG]
    and Babicz saddles
    [​IMG]
    as Jackson style jumbo frets.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
    mduganjr and Andrew Wasson like this.