Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

NGD. Amazing early ESP 400 strat. Rare guitar I think

Discussion in 'Non-Fender S-Type Guitar Forum' started by Guppy, Dec 25, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Thrup'ny Bit

Thrup'ny Bit Antisocial Curmudgeon Strat-Talk Supporter

Yup, its value is still around £500, the guitar is what it is, no more no less.

ocean likes this.

2. carver

carver The East Coast Strangler Strat-Talk Supporter

would you like me to repeat everything you have said in this thread too? I can do it if I'm needed.

but seriously, Thurp'ny is right on. just dont tell him that...

Thrup'ny Bit likes this.

3. elduderinoTF

elduderinoTF Strat-Talker

Mar 29, 2017
    Texas
    What I do?

4. stratman323

stratman323 Dr. Stratster Strat-Talk Supporter

Apr 21, 2010
    London, UK
    I don't know, what did you do? That listing isn't yours, is it?

5. elduderinoTF

elduderinoTF Strat-Talker

Mar 29, 2017
    Texas
    Not mine. I thought you were referring to me... I'm kinda thick at times. I just wonder if OP was tryin' to pull somethin'...

6. stratman323

stratman323 Dr. Stratster Strat-Talk Supporter

Apr 21, 2010
    London, UK
    No, not all. In fact it was interesting to see the advert. As a lover of Japanese guitars (which can be good and affordable) it annoys & upsets me when people over-hype them & try to charge two or three times what they are worth.

balston11, altar and ocean like this.

7. Stratoskater

Stratoskater Senior Stratmaster

Feb 8, 2011
    Raleigh NC
    Wow so @Guppy joined us here, asked a bunch of questions about his new guitar and then turns around and tries to resell it for more than double what he paid!? This even after several posters told him he overpaid? What a tool. I sure hope anyone who tries to buy this guitar checks Strat Talk first so we may direct them to this thread.

ocean likes this.

8. Guppy

Guppy Strat-Talk Member

Dec 24, 2017
    Netherlands
    @stratman323 @Thrup'ny Bit and @Stratoskater please read above statement. You probably missed it before. If you don't agree with my reasoning that's fine. Please agree to disagree but don't call me a tool for it. At that price there was quite some interest. Don't judge me for hyping anything in an industry that is (almost) based on hypes and corksniffing. Gibson anyone?
    I sold the guitar locally to someone who came and checked out the guitar, tried it, played it, heard it and decided it was worth its money.

9. Thrup'ny Bit

I never called you anything, I don't do that. Please don't put words into my mouth.

stratman323 and Stratoskater like this.

10. Stratoskater

Feb 8, 2011
    Raleigh NC
    I read it. Testing the water? What for suckers? If you sold it to them for what was listed on Reverb then it's just too bad they didn't read this thread first. You and sellers like you are one of the main reasons for the hype of which you speak. You are perpetuating it with sales like this. Seems to many of us you came here for knowledge and opinions to use to create a sales add for more than double what you paid. Now I know you did nothing "wrong" (just sleazy IMO) and I fully support capitalism and say buyer beware but still does not change my opinion of what you did.

11. Stratoskater

Feb 8, 2011
    Raleigh NC
    Exactly, I called him that and he needs not attribute it to others. I should get all the accolades for it!

RobZ69 and Thrup'ny Bit like this.

12. Guppy

Guppy Strat-Talk Member

Dec 24, 2017
    Netherlands
    Sorry. I was off course referring to Stratoskaters comment.

13. Stratoskater

Feb 8, 2011
    Raleigh NC
    Yes, all the glory unto me!!!

14. Guppy

Guppy Strat-Talk Member

Dec 24, 2017
    Netherlands
    Please understand that a forum and a marketplace are two different things. I came here with good intentions (to find out about my guitar). I have avoided hyping anything here.
    Next time I want to sell a guitar I will check here first. Please tell if and how a can sell it and please tell everybody what they are allowed to pay for it. You are the "second hand guitar market police" obviously.
    At this moment I feel that anything I do will be interpreted negatively which makes me stop caring. Remember: I had a relatively rare guitar I wanted to find out about more and tell people about. I sold it. That's what happened. Deal with it.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2017
    RobZ69 likes this.

15. Thrup'ny Bit

My Granny did always tell me though, that "if the cap fits..." ;)

Stratoskater likes this.

16. Guppy

Guppy Strat-Talk Member

Dec 24, 2017
    Netherlands
    This after taking the moral high ground on me. Real classy.

17. Thrup'ny Bit

I didn't call you anything but merely agreed, later, with your own assesment.

Granny also told me "When you're in a hole, best stop digging".

Stratoskater likes this.

18. Stratoskater

Feb 8, 2011
    Raleigh NC
    Dude you can do whatever you like with your guitar including selling it for way more than it's worth. What you need to understand is that myself (and it appears others) feel you came here to get info to gouge somebody on price. While that certainly is your right, it is our right to tell you how we feel about that and about you. Usually when people "tell us" about a guitar it is not while simultaneously listing it for more than double what you posted here that you paid for it. All I am saying is I wonder how your buyer would feel if they read this thread and saw that many feel you may have overpaid slightly for it and now you sold (or at least tried to sell) it for double that! If I were the buyer I'd be at your door for a refund or would cram the guitar in somewhere that no one would want to play it after it was removed :eek:

Yeah he really needs to put down the shovel before the hole is too deep to ever climb out of.

stratman323 and Thrup'ny Bit like this.

19. thomo5150

thomo5150 Strat-Talk Member

Dec 16, 2009
    Perth / Australia
    924B864D-6DE2-4172-8257-7A69C4730055.jpeg
    Are you serious? Obviously never been to Japan or know there Market.. I saw your response to my Momose link. Think you should do some study. So you think ESP make a full flame maple body like this on a production line! Type in ESP order guitars on the internet or YouTube and learn something.. Japan doesn’t call it a Custom Shop, it’s called a Order guitar. It’s design, wood used, configuration of the guitar, you the customer makes the decision..

Last edited: Dec 28, 2017
    Thrup'ny Bit likes this.

20. thomo5150

thomo5150 Strat-Talk Member

Dec 16, 2009
    Perth / Australia