Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

NGD American Vintage 59

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by Hawk8789, Jan 1, 2018.

1. Strat*Fan81

Strat*Fan81 Strat-Talker

Nov 5, 2015
    Indiana
    That’s a beauty congrats! Is there a difference between the Pure Vintage ‘59 pickups fender sells and the ones that come stock on those AV’s? I have a set in my RW 50’s, and I believe the bridge has staggered poles on those. They are great pickups and make some of my favorite tones I’ve ever heard.

2. knh555

knh555 Senior Stratmaster

Dec 6, 2016
    Massachusetts
    HNGD. I'm particularly jealous. ;-)

3. Hawk8789

Hawk8789 Strat-Talker

Apr 11, 2013
    Las Vegas, Nv
    I was looking at some pics online today at work and it looks like the pickguard is the correct one. Now my only question is the pickups. They may be the best sounding strat pups I’ve ever had. The pole pieces look aged and they are rwrp. Hopefully I’ll get a chance to look under the hood in the next few days.

4. Fendereedo

Fendereedo Most Honored Senior Member

May 7, 2014
    UK

5. Hawk8789

Hawk8789 Strat-Talker

Apr 11, 2013
    Las Vegas, Nv
    I think I just got really lucky. I was planning to change strings this weekend, but I was playing the guitar thinking these were the best pickups I’ve ever heard. It’s THE strat sound. I kept thinking about the previous owner and what he possibly could have found to make him trade this thing in. I have twenty something guitars currently, and trust me when I say this one is special!

It was gnawing at me so I loosened the strings and pulled out the pickguard.

IMG_3154.JPG IMG_3153.JPG

If I’m not mistaken, these are only custom shop right?

Bladesg, Neil.C and dueducs like this.

6. Mr Dunlop

Mr Dunlop Senior Stratmaster

Nov 30, 2014
    usa
    Yah they are custom shop. Nice score!!!

7. Bladesg

Bladesg Senior Stratmaster

Oct 31, 2013
    Australia
    Really very cool! Congrats & enjoy!

I too am a '59 RI owner and they really are great guitars!!

8. Bladesg

Bladesg Senior Stratmaster

Oct 31, 2013
    Australia
    I'm no expert but they appear to be CS Ancho Poblano pickups because of the flat poles on the bridge pickup and the stagger on the neck and middle.

9. Hawk8789

Hawk8789 Strat-Talker

Apr 11, 2013
    Las Vegas, Nv
    All three pickups are staggered.
    But they do look flat in that picture don’t they?

10. SurfsUp

SurfsUp Strat-O-Master

May 18, 2016
    C-Town, Ontario
    Stunning. That thing oozes class and mojo!

Nice case too!

11. Fuzzpop

Fuzzpop Ryan-Ola Silver Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Washington, D.C.
    Happy NGD! I have several AVRI/Reissues and my #1 is and likely will always be my 2014 '59 AVRI. I love the neck. It might be slim in the palm, but it has a honkin' set of shoulders to hang onto. It's not a shredder neck by any means. Have fun with it!

12. Yves

Yves Senior Stratmaster

Jan 2, 2016
    London
    Waow! Awsome score!

13. Hawk8789

Hawk8789 Strat-Talker

Apr 11, 2013
    Las Vegas, Nv
    On closer inspection, you’re probably right. They’re staggered, but not as much. I was looking at picks of those Ancho Pablanos and they do seem to have a little staggering that matches mine.

Bladesg likes this.

14. Morgenholz

Morgenholz Strat-Talker

Jan 17, 2015
    Indianapolis
    I was wondering who in the world would replace new AV pickups-- they are just too good-- but I have played a set of the handwound Ancho Poblanos in a slab-board relic and they really do have depth and character. You got a definite upgrade.

Fuzzpop likes this.

15. Fuzzpop

Fuzzpop Ryan-Ola Silver Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Washington, D.C.
    I actually dropped a set of BK Irish Tours in my '59 AVRI and they really smoke. But like you said, the stock pickups sounded absolutely amazing as well. I certainly wouldn't complain if I had to drop them back in.

16. Hawk8789

Hawk8789 Strat-Talker

Apr 11, 2013
    Las Vegas, Nv
    They’re too good. I played the 59, then switched to my 60th 54 and it was dull and lifeless. I swear I can’t hear the quack anymore in that 54.

Fuzzpop likes this.

17. Morgenholz

Morgenholz Strat-Talker

Jan 17, 2015
    Indianapolis
    I do not have an AV59, but I did pick up a 60th Anniversary '54. I don't talk about it, because it is on permanent loan to a friend who could not afford it but who dearly loves it. Of the whole series, even more build effort was put into the '54 than the other four AV's I own (maybe excepting the absolutely incredible Jazzmaster...). If you have the '54, then yes, you have the fifties covered and you need those Ancho Poblanos in the '59. Clark Kent and Superman.