Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

NGD - but I'm gonna change everything...

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by nutball73, Aug 10, 2018.

1. nutball73

nutball73 Strat-O-Master

Nov 12, 2013
    Southern UK
    I've often seen threads on ST along the lines of "Here's my new XXX strat. It's great! All I'm gonna change is the pickups, the trem, the tuners and maybe the neck and it will be perfect".

I don't understand the logic here - am I missing something?

I try out guitars regularly, and if there's something I like then maybe I'll buy it. But it's got to be 95% there. Fixing the odd "bug" is one thing, but changing 50% of the guitar seems a very expensive way of doing it!

It's easy enough to put together a partscaster, so why bother buying a completely new guitar and then swapping out the majority of parts?

Help me understand...

circles and Dr Improbable like this.
  2. roger@pennyflic

roger@pennyflic Senior Stratmaster

Jul 4, 2013
    melbourne
    I cant help you nutball cuz I dont get it either

Dr Improbable likes this.
  3. Will Lefeurve

Will Lefeurve Senior Stratmaster

Mar 1, 2016
    England & France
    It is perplexing I'll admit. I don't, and wouldn't do it.. but..

I think it has to do with the hype people see on the internet about certain products that will 'transform' your guitar, and of course.. the individual themselves, who has not only developed a serious 'gaseous' condition, but also been 'lobotomised' by both themselves and said hype masters, so that all common sense has flown out the proverbial window, and purse strings suitably loosened.. o_O

duzie likes this.
  4. Jimi Lightning

Jimi Lightning Senior Stratmaster

Dec 21, 2016
    Ontario, Canada
    Well I think it boils down to 3 things

- Feel of the guitar
    - Sound
    - look.

Most buy the guitar bevp ause it feels right. Then we try to adjust the sound by swapping out pickups etc... To match what we hear in out heads. Cosmeticially we can change the pickguard,mpaint it etc...
    There is t a whole lot one can do about the feel ( sand the neck) as it was most likely why you bought it in the first place.

Overall why? Guitarists are tinkerers at heart. The eternal quest for tone and the alure of swapping things out is too much. Gearheads/tinkerers all.....:)

5. carver

carver The East Coast Strangler Strat-Talk Supporter

I dont know about you guys.. but the first thing I do with a new car is replace all the parts with old parts because old parts are better. then I spend the next 8 years fighting to keep it on the road.

its just how the world works. vintage is better. remember that the next time you have a baby. stupid new babies are the worst when compared to vintage babies.

roger@pennyflic likes this.
  6. roger@pennyflic

roger@pennyflic Senior Stratmaster

Jul 4, 2013
    melbourne
    There is great wisdom buried within your humourous comments @carver. Stupid new babies.!!

carver likes this.