Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

NGD Classic 50

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by chicago slim, May 4, 2018.

1. pagey1512

pagey1512 Strat-Talker

Dec 22, 2010
    Austria
    Very nice! I've always fancied getting one as I love the colour and the classic series are excellent guitars. Ultimately I prefer 60s guitars to 50s. I know I'm bound to get one eventually though. Surf on!

chicago slim likes this.
  2. arcticstrat

arcticstrat Strat-O-Master

Feb 6, 2016
    USA
    You know, I always thought of mine being unique in JetStream Blue, but for some reason after reading this posting, I'm now GASing for a CS 50s in Surf Green :thumbd:

[​IMG]

ChukkerNation and chicago slim like this.
  3. archetype

archetype Strat-O-Master

Nov 26, 2016
    Williamsville NY
    Your Blacktop should have a big, swimming pool route. If you like its "modern C" profile neck, just drop in a loaded pickguard of any configuration, like a Lonestar.

The surgical field:

The patient:

Post recovery, after implanting Tex Mex pickups with a tortoise shell pickguard:

Mech, chicago slim and arcticstrat like this.
  4. The-Kid

The-Kid Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Feb 15, 2014
    SO CAL USA
    For that Jimi sound and that classic 50s 60s tone the 50s maple paired with the vintage voiced generic single coils really hit the vintage vibe right.

Congrats OP

Looks dope

chicago slim likes this.
  5. Robins

Robins Dr. von Loudster Strat-Talk Supporter

Dec 22, 2010
    Germany
    Classic Series 50´ in SurfGreen.
    I just love that colour.
    Congrats and enjoy!

Life is good,
    Robin

chicago slim likes this.
  6. Count Glockula®

Count Glockula® Strat-O-Master

Aug 16, 2009
    Fenderland, CA
    Sweet! Congrats and thanks for sharing.

chicago slim likes this.
  7. RaySachs

RaySachs Strat-O-Master Silver Member

Jun 25, 2017
    Philly area
    I love those. They had one in the same color at my local GC recently and I pulled it down when I was last there. It was a sweet player - I didn't plug it in, but I dug it and love the color. Unfortunately this one had been part of a mass fall when some fool evidently tried to put a guitar back up on the third row, didn't really nail the headstock placement in the hanger, and it fell, bringing down another half dozen or so guitars that were hanging below it. This beautiful 50s series had a big chunk missing right by the strap pin and even bigger crack leading from there toward the bridge. It was gonna go back for insurance payout, but they still had it up in case someone liked it enough to order one. It was pretty sad.

Glad you're digging yours!

chicago slim likes this.
  8. Black Strat Guy

Black Strat Guy Strat-Talker

Mar 27, 2018
    Somewhere
    Man... i only knew about the existence of this FSR colors yesterday.... Why do i miss this things... :(

I mean... i like my Surf Green CS50 but just look at this colors... :eek:

I'd prefer that Apple Green to Surf any day, just gorgeous... The Jet Stream Blue and Rangoon Red too.

Some still aper on one or two European sites, maybe leftovers... If only i could spare some cash right now...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Mech and chicago slim like this.
  9. aviamsi

aviamsi Senior Stratmaster

Aug 31, 2015
    Israel
    Lovely. HNGD!!

chicago slim likes this.
  10. archetype

archetype Strat-O-Master

Nov 26, 2016
    Williamsville NY
    From their ad copy it appeared that GC was going to sell through that run of 6 colors, then do another run of different colors. It didn't work out that way, as the guitar-playing public wasn't enamored with those colors and the sellthrough was very slow. GC ended up discounting the FSRs and it took at least a year to get rid of them.

IMO the colors were ok, but were automotive colors that Fender *didn't* select, previously. They certainly didn't make a "statement" like the colors that Leo approved through the years, again IMO. A second run of additional colors that Fender didn't use remains unlikely.

BTW they do show up on reverb.com

Last edited: May 16, 2018
    chicago slim likes this.
  11. Mr Hockey

Mr Hockey Strat-Talker

Aug 20, 2014
    Kennesaw , GA
    I liked this guitar. Nice sounding pickups and a great neck. Enjoy and have some fun! :thumb:

chicago slim likes this.
  12. Black Strat Guy

Black Strat Guy Strat-Talker

Mar 27, 2018
    Somewhere
    I think the colors didn't sell as well because they where never used, there for not as "recognizable" or as desirable for some guitarists, as they where never been seen "used by" this or that artist...

I think the colors are beautiful nevertheless, some of them i like even better than the "official" vintage colors. That Apple Green and Jet Stream Blue stand out big time for me, very vintage but very fresh... If i only lived in the States, and have the money available (most importantly)... I would buy at least those too immediately.... :p
    I guess for now i'll just have to keep drooling over them.... :oops: