Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

NGD Martin DRS2

Discussion in 'Acoustic Soundboard' started by LunarSlingShot, Jul 11, 2018.

1. LunarSlingShot

LunarSlingShot Strat-Talker

May 8, 2018
    Oklahoma
    So happy with my new acoustic that came today! Best sounding acoustic I have owned. Martin DRS2. Part of their Road Series. It’s their most budget friendly solid wood acoustic, but that definitely doesn’t hold it back.

My buddy and I obtained a weekly gig at a restaurant playing acoustic so I decided I would spring for a much better one than I had. Although not a multiple thousand dollar Martin, I thought this would fit the bill and it totally has!

I can’t keep my hands off of it besides to write this post. Deep defined sound and a gorgeous guitar to boot.

6C09E96E-5406-4104-AF66-F151FE9C8CFC.jpeg FCF7F711-D8DA-402B-AC5E-335E1541E202.jpeg 97785CB5-333A-4098-BF27-B02AA139CD45.jpeg 8B74846B-0673-40CA-8DB8-4CC974F275D5.jpeg

shovelmike, Tomas83, mikej89 and 6 others like this.

2. Cerb

Cerb Senior Stratmaster

Jan 22, 2016
    Sweden
    Very nice! Congratulations!

3. hcski25

hcski25 Strat-Talker

Sep 28, 2015
    Boston
    Congrats! It’ll just keep sounding better. I love the thin satin finish on the road series.

4. newplayeroldguy

newplayeroldguy in the wind

May 12, 2015
    north and east
    I haven't had a case of GAS in awhile- thanks very little for starting another one up

LunarSlingShot and mikej89 like this.

5. oatsoda

oatsoda Puck of Paradox Strat-Talk Supporter

Jul 10, 2011
    The Shack, Nova Scotia
    Looks sweet LSS, and welcome to the Martin family! I really like the grain of the spruce top, and the back is pretty too. I sold my D35, (along with an AC15), to buy an engagement ring, but I still have a 00028 and a 0015M, both awesome guitars. Still have the old backpacker too I guess, though it hasn't been out of the case for a year or more.

And hey, congrats on the weekly gig too, that's really cool, enjoy it!

6. LunarSlingShot

May 8, 2018
    Oklahoma
    Well it looks like I may be sending it back. I love it but unless I’m missing something in the case, the bottom strap button is missing

7. The-Kid

The-Kid Most Honored Senior Member

Feb 15, 2014
    SO CAL USA
    Nice congrats OP.

Just played one the otherday. Nice piece of kit. One of the better acoustics especially for the price.

Congrats again OP!!

8. The-Kid

The-Kid Most Honored Senior Member

Feb 15, 2014
    SO CAL USA
    Thats normal. Ask for one and it should get sent if its new. No need to send it back.

9. RaySachs

RaySachs Strat-O-Master Silver Member

Jun 25, 2017
    Philly area
    Martins ship with the strap button uninstalled - so if you want to stick a pickup jack or something in there you can. There should have been one in the case. If there wasn't, have 'em send you one. Don't send the whole guitar back if you like it!

BTW, Congrats!!! My first Martin was a Brazillian Rosewood 1968 D28 that I got for about $400-425 back in 1979 - had it until about 10-12 years ago. LOVED that damn thing. Now my second Martin, and probably good for the rest of my life, is an 000-15M, all mahogany pretty much. There's just something about the balance and depth of a Martin that I don't hear / FEEL in other guitars. I love 'em.

-Ray

Silvercrow likes this.

10. hcski25

hcski25 Strat-Talker

Sep 28, 2015
    Boston
    Yeah, I would not send it back just because of that if you like it. Just have them send you a new one. It's been a while since I messed with mine, but I believe you just push it in.

LunarSlingShot likes this.

11. Paperback Rocker

Paperback Rocker Nitro-mancer Strat-Talk Supporter

Sep 18, 2014
    Lewisville, TX
    Congrats, gotta love a Martin.

Where you at in Oklahoma, Lunar? I grew up in Cordell and went to college at OU and SWOSU.

12. LunarSlingShot

May 8, 2018
    Oklahoma
    I grew up in the small town of Piedmont just NW of OKC. I live just in the city now (OKC). City life is different from the country but it’s convenient for work

Paperback Rocker likes this.

13. Paperback Rocker

Paperback Rocker Nitro-mancer Strat-Talk Supporter

Sep 18, 2014
    Lewisville, TX
    You don't have to tell me where Piedmont is! ;)

Glad to know ya

14. Silvercrow

Silvercrow Senior Stratmaster

Nov 6, 2014
    Bucks County, Pa.
    What @RaySachs said: they ship without the button installed- although I think its more for safety purposes- in case the guitar would get a jolt on the tail end in shipping; less likely to develop a crack.

If it's not in the case Martin WILL send you another (or your dealer).

My BEST Martin was a D18 SS (Short Scale: 24.5") LOVED that guitar. Taken from me in 2011- from my car. I've also owned a D28H, but liked the D18 better.

Don't let the lower dollar amount be an issue- what COUNTS is the sound / tone and Martin wrote the book on acoustic guitars!

BEST WISHES with that beauty! I love the way the shoulders are more rounded- love that look!

Brian

15. mikej89

mikej89 Senior Stratmaster

May 12, 2016
    River Falls, WI
    Be careful with the booming bass on that thing! :D

16. LunarSlingShot

May 8, 2018
    Oklahoma
    Heck yeah! I found the strap pin, installed it and I’m keeping it! Jammed with it with a buddy today and really felt it. Inspired me to play and that’s what it’s all about

17. LunarSlingShot

May 8, 2018
    Oklahoma
    Glad to know you too! Even if the college you went to was a little too Crimson and not enough Orange and Black :)

Paperback Rocker likes this.

18. shovelmike

shovelmike Senior Stratmaster

Sep 26, 2013
    Missouri
    Congrats and happy NGD, LunarSlingShot. That is a gorgeous guitar.
    And congrats on the weekly gig.

19. Mr Hockey

Mr Hockey Strat-Talker

Aug 20, 2014
    Kennesaw , GA
    Great looking guitar. I had a DRS 2 a few years back and I thought it was a nice guitar. Enjoy and have fun.