Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

NGD! Peavey Predator

Discussion in 'Non-Fender S-Type Guitar Forum' started by Tomas83, Apr 27, 2017.

1. Tomas83

Tomas83 Strat-O-Master

Jul 30, 2014
    NE in the 4 corners
    I just scored this Predator last weekend and I'm having so much fun that i thought I'd brag just a little. It's a '92 Predator, pretty much standard Strat with 12" radius neck, 1.69" at nut width, poplar body and slightly extended upper horn so it sits perfectly when playing standing. SSS configuration, vintage 4 point tremolo called Power bend. My guitar came with ceramic pickups, 5 way selector and 500k pots. I had to clean her up from the apparent "teenage art" deviation, but that's all I had to do. Plays great and sounds very good too. Neck is to my liking pretty thick C profile. All this fun made in USA for $80!

Attached Files:

sssstratsss, Gunny, apm1991 and 11 others like this.

2. Dadocaster

Dadocaster Dr. Stratster Strat-Talk Supporter

Awesome. Hope you continue to enjoy it.

D

Tomas83 likes this.

3. Tomas83

Tomas83 Strat-O-Master

Jul 30, 2014
    NE in the 4 corners
    Oh yes not planning on getting anything else right now. I'm smiling every time I play it. I haven't thought that maple fretboard Strat would make me so happy.

4. Dadocaster

Does it have big frets? I have had my paws on a couple of Peaveys and really liked the big frets.

D

5. Braumeisterblake

Braumeisterblake Strat-Talker

Feb 17, 2017
    Wheaton, Il

6. Tomas83

Tomas83 Strat-O-Master

Jul 30, 2014
    NE in the 4 corners
    I think mine has medium jumbo at the most, they don't feel nearly as big as my LTD's XJ's. So far the Peaveys I played have very good neck profiles. That's what I'm seeing on all models even the current ones.

7. Tomas83

Tomas83 Strat-O-Master

Jul 30, 2014
    NE in the 4 corners
    That too. It was pretty ugly when I got it. I think the ductape on the body and sharpie on the headstock scare a few buyers away.

Braumeisterblake likes this.

8. jvin248

jvin248 Senior Stratmaster

Jan 10, 2014
    Michigan

Nice cleanup (I think I saw the as-received picture post last week with marker and tape).

Tomas83 likes this.

9. Hippieway

Hippieway Strat-Talker

Mar 16, 2009
    Virginia
    My brother is a big Peavey guitar guy, 2 USA and 2 imports. I've played a couple of them and like the necks on them. Congrats on yours, it will be hard to find a better way to spend 80 bucks.

Tomas83 likes this.

10. jjudas

jjudas Strat-O-Master

May 18, 2016
    Metro New Orleans
    Nice guitar! Congrats!

Tomas83 likes this.

11. Coach T

Coach T Strat-Talk Member

Mar 27, 2017
    South Carolina
    For the price, that's stealing! I have a soft spot for Peavey USA guitars. The late 90s, early 00s Wolfgangs are as good as any rock guitars out there, period. I also hear the HP Specials are nice, too. Peavey had two plants in Mississippi that put out some great guitars for a few years.

wildhawk and Tomas83 like this.

12. Jigglebone

Jigglebone Senior Stratmaster

Jan 20, 2017
    Southern Idaho, US
    Nice! HNGD!

Tomas83 likes this.

13. thomquietwolf

thomquietwolf Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Dec 2, 2010
    Peardale CA
    How do you like the neck?

Tomas83 likes this.

14. Tomas83

Tomas83 Strat-O-Master

Jul 30, 2014
    NE in the 4 corners
    Thanks jvin. Yes you did saw that. I posted the cleanup over there too. Degreaser, rag and old toothbrush took care of all that "art"

15. Tomas83

Tomas83 Strat-O-Master

Jul 30, 2014
    NE in the 4 corners
    Thanks I was a great experience, the guitar didn't look this nice when I got it. So far I played quite a few Peaveys from different eras and all of them had a great feeling neck. I'm really liking the fatness of the neck and the fact that it's a 12" radius which helps me for sure.

16. Tomas83

Tomas83 Strat-O-Master

Jul 30, 2014
    NE in the 4 corners
    Thanks! I'm in the honeymoon stage.

17. Tomas83

Tomas83 Strat-O-Master

Jul 30, 2014
    NE in the 4 corners
    I was surprised that seller was trying to sell for about a month and nobody picked it up until I saw it. Peavey has a lot of very good designs including the new products, Predaror, Generation, Wolfgang, Firenza, JF-1, Session. I played one HP special I think. It was good for sure.

18. Tomas83

Tomas83 Strat-O-Master

Jul 30, 2014
    NE in the 4 corners

Thanks!

19. Tomas83

Tomas83 Strat-O-Master

Jul 30, 2014
    NE in the 4 corners
    That was the reason I got the guitar. Pretty thick, wide enough and a flatter radius, that's how I like 'em. I had to sand down the back a little bit. After I cleaned it, it was too sticky for my taste.

20. Dadocaster

An odd thing I have said before: A couple of times I have picked up Peaveys in the last year or two, wrapped my left hand around the neck, made a face and said "ick." The necks felt odd and uncomfortable. Then when I went ahead and played them, they PLAYED wonderfully. Fast and easy and comfy.

Only guitars ever that my initial "ick" turned out to be wrong.

D

Tomas83 likes this.