Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

NGD soon! Used Squier CV Telecaster.

Discussion in 'Telecaster/Esquire Forum' started by Burstbucker, Feb 13, 2018 at 5:21 AM.

1. Burstbucker

Burstbucker Strat-Talk Member

Feb 7, 2018
    Moncton. NB. Canada
    I should be getting a second-hand Squier Classic Vibe Telecaster later on this week. The seller is away until Friday.

Apparently it's hardly been played, the guy bought it for one of his kids but they have no interest in playing guitar, so there you go, his ad states that it's essentially a new guitar. And the best part is that it's going super cheap, $250.00 Canadian ($198.00 USD).

Around here in Canada, these things sell for appx. $630.00 CND out the door. So I see it as a fantastic value.

In my younger days, I never used to like Teles but now as a middle aged guy, I can totally dig them!

My buddy has a Fender American Vintage '52 Telecaster, which I just love but they are insanely expensive here, $3,100.00 out the door (Canadian)! I can tell you that THAT is NEVER going to happen! LOL

I already have some expensive guitars, Les Paul, SG Standard, '79 USA Fender Strat, and a bunch of Epiphones, etc... But I'm not opposed to getting something less brand focused either. I've heard sooo many great things about the Squier Classic Vibe series that I had to go out and check them out for myself and I will admit that I was quite impressed. They don't look or feel cheap and the pickups even sound alright.

And if I get an impulse to tweak it a bit, if the pickups in the CV Telecaster fall a bit short, I do have a set of Fender CS '51 Nocaster pickups in my old Peavey Reactor that I could swap out but maybe that won't be necessary........

I do like the sound of those Nocaster pickups but from what I have been able to glean from reading tons of reviews and looking at YT videos, the stock CV pickups are already pretty damn sweet. I have fallen down that rabbit-hole of trying out numerous pickups before and I'll try to not get carried away with that again this time.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018 at 5:27 AM
    tery, johnnymg and nuculer terrist like this.

2. nuculer terrist

nuculer terrist Senior Stratmaster

Mar 12, 2014
    center of the mind
    Hope you get it! They are really nice. I've had mine about 2 1/2 years. The stock pickups are nice, very teleish. Only things ive done is put in a bone nut and compensated saddles, and had the frets crowned. You're gonna love it

3. thomquietwolf

thomquietwolf Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Dec 2, 2010
    Peardale CA
    You have a Reactor?
    That is so up on my list...
    Some day even if I don't need/want it.
    Peavey made great necks back then.

4. Burstbucker

Feb 7, 2018
    Moncton. NB. Canada
    Thanks for chiming in guys!

Yes the Reactor is a pretty nice guitar, I checked with Peavey years ago and they told me that this one was built in either 1995 or 1996, can't remember exactly. I got it for next to nothing in a pawnshop maybe 6 or 7 years ago, I just couldn't pass it up. Sounds really good with that set of '51 Nocaster pickups too, and luckily I got that set of pickups used at about half-price, awesome axe for very little money. Gotta love cheap thrills! LOL

BTW, I almost went for a MIM Fender before focusing on this CV Tele but the seller got cold feet and decided to keep it, it was going to cost me just a bit more than this CV Tele and would have been a better investment if ever I decided to flip it but there you go, he bailed on the deal.

I'm guessing that the CV Telecaster might be at least as good as that Fender MIM Standard Tele and it doesn't really matter as to which one is the best investment because I plan on keeping whatever I get anyway. The CV is priced super cheap, I'm basically saving 60% compared to buying one new here where I live.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018 at 5:29 PM

5. johnnymg

johnnymg Senior Stratmaster Strat-Talk Supporter

Sep 5, 2015
    Central Coast Ca
    Congrats on the soon to be acquired CV Tele. That should be a fine Tele!

Post pics asap. :thumb:

6. tery

tery Most Honored Senior Member

Jul 31, 2014
    Tennessee
    Way to go ! ... Post some photos when that baby arrives :)

7. srvsayce78

srvsayce78 Most Honored Senior Member

Feb 15, 2011
    UK

8. Burstbucker

Feb 7, 2018
    Moncton. NB. Canada
    Thanks guys! I will definately put up some pictures when I get a minute.

BTW, this CV is the 50s butterscotch body with black pickguard.

srvsayce78 likes this.

9. Burstbucker

Feb 7, 2018
    Moncton. NB. Canada
    Ok here is the deal guys. I have the unpleasant task of telling you that my Squier CV Telecaster NGD is officially flushed down the drain.

Flakey seller......

I will post a separate thread on that one.

10. johnnymg

johnnymg Senior Stratmaster Strat-Talk Supporter

Sep 5, 2015
    Central Coast Ca

Joe-Dirt-Whaaat-.gif

11. Burstbucker

Feb 7, 2018
    Moncton. NB. Canada
    I should have seen it coming.....

It actually makes me shake my head and laugh. I'm pretty sure that I'll survive.