Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Ngd - strandberg boden os 6

Discussion in 'Other Guitar Discussion' started by carver, May 28, 2017.

1. wildhawk

wildhawk Most Honored Senior Member

Feb 12, 2014
    Here
    Niche market that isn't financially beneficial for a large corporation.

Fender has mothballed or sold off plenty big names including Tacoma, Guild, Kraemer...

The ones they hold on to Gretsch, Jackson, Charvel, probably total less than 5% of their guitar sales.

Run lean ala less fat on the bone.

2. carver

carver The East Coast Strangler Strat-Talk Supporter

Out with the Duncan's, in with some lace alumitones.

Laces with this guitar are a match made in heaven..... they are staying in this build for sure. Punchy, fat, balanced.. just awesome.
    The Duncan's are great, but I found the jb a little hot in the pants and harder to tame.
    I love the Duncan's in my old Kramer... so nothing against them.. it's just the lace pickups really really work well with this build and with any effect or gain structure I put in front of them.

3. sam_in_cali

sam_in_cali Scream for me Strat-Talk! Strat-Talk Supporter

Feb 21, 2014
    Santa Maria, CA
    One of these days I'm going to have to try one of those alumitones out. Every time I see one, I just think "witchcraft"

carver likes this.
  4. carver

Total wizardry...

They sound amazing.

I put a couple "deathbuckers" in a guitar for a friend last winter. That was my first experience with them. At first impression I just looked, giggled and went with it. After installing them and playing them for a moment I was pretty damn impressed. They sound really nice in all aspects. Lows, mids, and highs. They aren't quiet by any means either but they don't feel like an overly hot pickup. It's really neat..

sam_in_cali likes this.
  5. carver

Here it is with the new Lace pickups.
    str.jpg

sssstratsss and sam_in_cali like this.
  6. sam_in_cali

Feb 21, 2014
    Santa Maria, CA
    That looks deadly...

dogletnoir likes this.
  7. Fendereedo

Fendereedo Most Honored Senior Member

May 7, 2014
    UK
    Careful you'll take someone's eye out with that!! Seriously hngd and enjoy your new acquisition!! :)

carver likes this.
  8. dogletnoir

dogletnoir Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Nov 1, 2013
    northeastern us
    Good call... the Duncans are nice in the OS 6, but the hifi nature of the Alumitones truly bring out the greatness.
    They do clean, crunch, and distortion equally well, imo.

Everything except the drum tracks on that is my OS 8 with Lace Aluma X-Bars.

Plus, your already lightweight guitar just got even lighter... :)

Last edited: Jun 1, 2017
    Boognish and carver like this.
  9. carver

oh it is. very

dogletnoir likes this.
  10. carver

Its been 8 months. This is pretty much the only guitar I have played in the last 8 months. Sure I have picked up others, but they normally get put down after less than a minute.

I have changed the pickups once again... it has had this set in it for the better part of the last 2 months I think and I really like it..

After the lace pickups, I decided to try something more vintage, so I Put a 57 classic in the bridge and a TV jones magnatron in the neck. That sounded very nice, and fat. I liked it. but... It was missing a little something.. so I decided to place an old Gibson PAF from the 1980s in the bridge, and a dimarzio Blues bucker in the neck.

now we are talking. Liquid like tone from the neck with the pop and attack of a p90, and a bridge pickup that clean sounds fat and round, but with drive is just so deadly. Plus. the zebra look really works with the black body and maple neck.

Hail the strandberg!
    str.jpg

11. sam_in_cali

Feb 21, 2014
    Santa Maria, CA
    I just recently got a DiMarzio PAF and allllllmost put it in the bridge position of my V. But it makes such a great neck pickup I ended up going that route. That Strandburg looks sick with the zebras and I bet it sounds amazing.

carver likes this.
  12. circles

circles Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

13. carver

moving into a year and a half with this guitar..

being a guy that used to change up guitars every few weeks / month to keep pushing myself.. this is a shock.

I have pretty much done nothing but play this guitar and this guitar only since May of 2017. that is something, and yes this is something special to me.

the looks are out there, but im telling you... if you have any issues with your body and playing for extended periods. Chances are a strandberg boden will take care of that problem.

the fact that I can now play for as long as I want has really helped me develop skills that I used to just kinda of phone in.

After a year and half I have had no issues with this guitar, and it has seen so much play time that it would probably make me sick if I were to count how much it has seen and then I would have to re evaluate my life...

back issues? the boden will help you out

wrist issues? the boden will help you out

like telecasters? the boden has all the characteristics with a modern approach. we are talking hard mids, fat lows, and crisp highs.

14. sam_in_cali

Feb 21, 2014
    Santa Maria, CA
    Man, I need me one of those Strandbergs....
    Any idea how they compare with Kiesel Vader line?

15. carver

I havent played a vader

the thing with the strandberg is the endurneck (probably the most comfortable thing to play). so its really hard to compare it to anything..

the shapes are similar, but I would think the Strandberg would be more ergonomic.

Im not sure about tuning stability on the vader. The strandberg hardly ever goes out of tune. it is seriously the most stable guitar I have ever owned, and I live in canada and deal with four season in a day sometimes.

dogletnoir likes this.