Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

NGD. Variax Standard.

Discussion in 'Non-Fender S-Type Guitar Forum' started by Vintagebrit, May 28, 2017.

1. Vintagebrit

Vintagebrit Great Hugger of Strats

Feb 8, 2010
    Shropshire
    Always fancied one of these but never had chance to play one.
    Based on the Yamaha "Strat" which gets really good reviews and with great sounding Alnico pickup's, it's as good as a MIM Standard before Line 6 added the electronic trickery.
    The different tones are amazing with some added gimmickry of a Sitar and Banjo.
    One of the best is a Guild 12 string acoustic which blew me away.
    One issue is that when you model alternative tunings, you need the amp to be louder than the acoustics of the guitar or you hear two different tunes. Might be an issue in a cosy venue.
    I bought the Emerald Green 20th Anniversary Edition (no. 129/225).
    £485 inc delivery.
    I can see why people use these as their only Guitar, but I love my Strats and Teles too much for that to happen.

davidKOS and Dave J like this.

2. Vintagebrit

Vintagebrit Great Hugger of Strats

Feb 8, 2010
    Shropshire

3. Malurkey

Malurkey Senior Stratmaster

Dec 28, 2016
    Netherlands
    Nice! I was vaguely aware these existed, but never tried one. I'm very curious now.

Groovey and Vintagebrit like this.

4. wsexson

wsexson New Member!

Dec 20, 2012
    Long Beach, CA
    Variax Standard Amethyst LE NGD

I just got it tonight so I only have a wee bit of experience with it so far. I really like the way it feels. Good weight and balance, nice neck and fingerboard. The modelled alternate tunings worked really well, I like that a lot. I've only played around with the various guitar models a little. Some of them seem like they will need minor tweaking to sound how I'd like them, but overall pretty promising. Quite pleased with how it looks as well.
    [​IMG]

davidKOS and Dave J like this.

5. Dave J

Dave J Strat-Talker

Great guitars I've also been interested in them but never tried or heard one live,
    I got the vintage white standard last week,
    I will post some pic's later on as I'm out at the moment.
    Cheers Dave.

6. Rayzaa

Rayzaa Strat-O-Master

Jul 1, 2015
    Las Vegas, NV
    Id buy one of those if i came across a smoking deal. Those are pretty cool guitars.

7. Groovey

Groovey Senior Stratmaster

Nov 17, 2016
    NC. USA
    Very Interesting

8. Uncle Fiesta

Uncle Fiesta Senior Stratmaster

I've been considering buying one of these ever since a friend showed me his about a month ago. I must admit I'm attracted to it by the number of guitars I could sell if I bought one! Particularly the acoustics, which do take up a lot of room in the small house I've now moved into.

I've only seen them in black, white or sunburst, though, and don't really fancy any of those. Whichever I go for, I'll probably end up respraying it.

9. Dave J

Dave J Strat-Talker

Here's mine,

1514505371409.jpg 1514505381836.jpg 1514505390856.jpg 1514505397528.jpg 1514505402328.jpg

davidKOS and wsexson like this.

10. Dave J

Dave J Strat-Talker

11. davidKOS

davidKOS Musician, Composer, Teacher Strat-Talk Supporter

May 28, 2012
    California
    I've had mine for over a year, love it!

12. davidKOS

davidKOS Musician, Composer, Teacher Strat-Talk Supporter

May 28, 2012
    California
    I've used the Variax in many "cosy" venues where I could use a Mustang I at about 3-4 master volume, and no issues with the 2 tuning sounds.

Dave J likes this.

13. Uncle Fiesta

Uncle Fiesta Senior Stratmaster

Saw one on eBay the other day for £300, but I'd have to drive to the end of the country to get it. I didn't see the point when any number of places offer them for £329 with no carriage charge, and that's a new one with all the accessories, a case and a warranty.

Shame as it was a white one, that's the only one that comes with a white scratchplate so is probably the one I'd buy.