Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

NHL playoffs 2018

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by mad axe man, Apr 10, 2018.

1. mad axe man

mad axe man Senior Stratmaster

Jul 23, 2016
    ontario canada
    yep...we canadians love our hockey...any fans of the game here? i am a die hard flyers fan and hope we crush the little flappers lol... leafs can also do some damage but the bruins will not make it easy..post your fav team and lets get ready to rumble.. .here is my version of hockey night in canada..short and sweet..lol...GO FLYERS GO

2. sam_in_cali

sam_in_cali Scream for me Strat-Talk! Strat-Talk Supporter

Feb 21, 2014
    Santa Maria, CA
    Go Kings Go!! The Pacific division was pretty bunched up for the last few weeks so the first couple rounds of playoffs will be interesting. That being said, I’m feeling pretty confident going up against Vegas right off the bat...
    5AA7BA8E-2825-493B-B306-A576A1CD8107.png

3. mad axe man

mad axe man Senior Stratmaster

Jul 23, 2016
    ontario canada
    KINGS IN 5

sam_in_cali likes this.

4. sam_in_cali

sam_in_cali Scream for me Strat-Talk! Strat-Talk Supporter

Feb 21, 2014
    Santa Maria, CA
    My buddy at work is a Sharks fan (I know, I know...:rolleyes:) asked me my thoughts on this same thing with us against Vegas...I said Kings in 6. Not to take anything away from them as they have had a crazy inaugural season but the Playoffs are a totally different animal.

BTW - love the sound clip, nice playing!

mad axe man likes this.

5. thomquietwolf

thomquietwolf Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Dec 2, 2010
    Peardale CA
    Lived around Minneapolis 12 years
    Went to 2 North Stars games...
    Only thing I understood...
    Was the beer(Grain Belt)
    I think they moved to Texas...
    But
    In honor of my deceased Mother-in-law
    Mary Laforest
    Here's for you
    index.png

mad axe man likes this.

6. Percy

Percy Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

The Leafs had better win before i die i remember 1967 but c'mon 51 years already!!!!!!!!

SurfsUp, ocean and mad axe man like this.

7. Mr. Lumbergh

Mr. Lumbergh needs you to go ahead and come in on Sunday, too. Strat-Talk Supporter

Jan 10, 2014
    Initech, Inc.
    I’m cheering for my Ducks.

mad axe man likes this.

8. Raiders757

Raiders757 Senior Stratmaster

Sep 2, 2016
    Virginia
    Love hockey, but being a Rangers fan, it's been a bummer of a season for me.

Since my Raiders are moving to Vegas in the not too distant future, guess I'll pull for the Golden Knights in playoffs. Then anyone but the Devils.

9. rudos1

rudos1 Senior Stratmaster

Aug 16, 2013
    Boston
    I feel like if the Bruins can get past Toronto no one can beat them...

TheDuck likes this.

10. ocean

ocean Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Apr 14, 2015
    In a house
    Go Toronto

SurfsUp and Percy like this.

11. ocean

ocean Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Apr 14, 2015
    In a house
    Or the new Vegas team.. that would be history in the making.

12. Green Craig

Green Craig Senior Stratmaster

Oct 15, 2012
    Michigan
    Half those guys were in the Red Wings organization last season, at the AHL level, where they broke franchise and league records for win streaks, and ultimately won the Calder Cup. I'm glad for all the Griffins that are currently playing in the NHL, and super stoked on seeing the Knights do their thing, but why couldn't they have stayed in Detroit? (yes, I know the decade-long process that Detroit has entered, trying to weed out bad contracts...there was literally no room on their roster).

13. carver

carver The East Coast Strangler Strat-Talk Supporter

Im a huge habs fan and this year was a tough one to watch. but luckily for me, im also a huge hockey fan so I had a great year watching some other young guys really do well out there.

this year. I have to say I am super impressed with the leafs. They are exciting to watch, and really have a young team. also considering history... it wouldnt be a bad thing to see them go far.. now would it?

I have a feeling that who ever comes out of the leafs bruins series will end up in the eastern finals.. its just one of those series that seems to feel like its going the distance even though it hasnt even started yet.

on the west coast. lets face it. the Golden knights. who would have thought huh? so crazy what they were able to do with a team built off of nothing but a lottery and some smart management moves. would be super cool to see them do well in the playoffs.

The playoffs are such an exciting time for me and my buddies. the game changes, the players change, and the over all respect of the game between players seems to get to a very different level. two teams go at it hard, and during those games they would run the others over with a bus if they could. but the moment that final game is over and all is said and done. that hatred washes away, and the true respect and sportsmanship comes to the surface.

god I love hockey so much.

best of luck to everyone and their teams! this has the ingredients to be a record setting season, a ground breaking season, and a 51 year drought breaking season. so many things can happen. all I hope for is some solid play, and some solid sportsmanship with a side of aggression.

14. ToneRanger

ToneRanger Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Jun 8, 2009
    Area 51
    Our family (especially my son,) are Bolts fans - I'm hoping that they go all the way but have got my fingers crossed - they've been on fire the majority of the year, I've seen some losses that left me scratching my head - their first opponent in the playoffs is the Jersey Devils, who they have not had good luck against.
    We'll see...

Last edited: Apr 11, 2018
    smithstrato, mad axe man and Chont like this.

15. Chont

Chont Senior Stratmaster

Sep 25, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    I have a soft spot for Tampa Bay. I remember their first season when they didn't even have a proper arena and they had issues keeping the ice frozen. And the people in the crowd who were new to the game... "what does Icing mean?"

upload_2018-4-11_10-0-52.png

smithstrato likes this.

16. ToneRanger

Jun 8, 2009
    Area 51
    That was my son a couple of years ago - now he can tell you the name and stats of the 3rd string goalie for any team in the league.
    Poor kid - hockey fan who lives 8 miles from a tropical beach - luckily he doesn't give a rip that he's one of the only kids in school that is into the sport.

ocean and Chont like this.

17. Chont

Chont Senior Stratmaster

Sep 25, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    That's awesome

It was so great to watch it take shape in the area by the late 90s. They moved into the "Ice Palace" as it was then known and everyone had hockey fever. Love it. Boy do I miss the Tampa Bay area.

GO BOLTS!

18. ToneRanger

Jun 8, 2009
    Area 51
    He's your typical mopey 15 year old teenage boy - until you get him to a hockey game - can't fake that smile...

20180411_102844.jpg

mad axe man, ocean and Chont like this.

19. TheDuck

TheDuck Most Honored Senior Member

Jan 12, 2016
    Lil' Rhody
    For the Stanley Cup Finals, I would love to see the Bruins and Golden Knights.
    As for a winner? Hmmm, I've been a Bruins fan forever, so its a given I'd love to see them take the Cup, but, Vegas winning it as a first year expansion team would be legendary.

rudos1 and ocean like this.

20. rocknrollrich

rocknrollrich Senior Stratmaster

Jan 8, 2016
    philadelphia
    Life long flyers fan. Of course for me growing up in Philly , you had better be rooting for the home team, or you get tar and feathered.

I must say tho, lately it's been a good time to be a Philly sports fan.
    My beloved eagles won the super bowl finally (I've literally waited my whole life).
    My flyers are in the playoffs .
    My Sixers seem to be on the brink of greatness (if our big man can stay on the floor for more than five minutes ).
    And the Phillies ..... well...... you can't have everything you want.

Nubs, mad axe man and ocean like this.