Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Nifty Fifty Amp

Discussion in 'Amp Input - Normal or Bright' started by tothephonebooth, Aug 7, 2014.

1. tothephonebooth

tothephonebooth Strat-Talk Member

Apr 1, 2014
    a public call box
    There's a Danelectro Nifty Fifty on craigslist for $30, I've only ever heard good things about them, but is it a good deal?

Thanks!

2. Duceditor

Duceditor Strat-Talker

Mar 3, 2014
    Peterborough NH
    I had one when they first came out. Pretty nice tones. Good looking little amp.

Clean for $30? Yea, good deal if you have use for a little amp.

-don

3. stratman in va

stratman in va Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Jul 27, 2012
    Virginia
    I think that would be a good deal if its working OK.

I have their little bass amp that is similar, which is pretty good, but I hear that the Fifty is really good.

4. crawdaddy

crawdaddy Senior Stratmaster

Feb 11, 2010
    Valley o Sun
    If it is clean and works well....that is a great price...

I own a dirty thirty, nifty fifty, and a nifty seventy (must have run out of cute names) and they are nice for goofing around the house.

I think they usually sell in $60 to $80 range.

Good Luck

5. Whittler

Whittler Senior Stratmaster

Aug 23, 2013
    Maine
    Never heard of them, what are the specs.

6. Crawdad

Crawdad Former Member

Jan 12, 2018
    Germany
    Hi Cradaddy, Just saw you own both the Thrity and the Fifty. I am about to buy one (used, of course ) but cannot make up my mind. Which one is "better," if you play T-Bone-Walker style blues, some jazz and some RnB? What do you think?

7. crawdaddy

crawdaddy Senior Stratmaster

Feb 11, 2010
    Valley o Sun
    Hi: The 30 definitely has that garage band sound to it...you can get some distortion from it....remember it is only a 15 watt amp with a 6" speaker....

The nifty fifty has really nice clean tones, and some very good semi-dirty tones...The "Sweet/Dirty" control, which is just a gain/preamp control, gets REALLY dirty REALLY fast...If I remember correctly, the 50 is also 15 watts, though it has an 8" speaker....

I hate to say it, but if possible you are going to need to test the amps out first to see what you like....if it were me, I would look for the 50....

Best of luck to you and I hope you can find one....

Here is a quick pic I just took of my 30 and 50....the 70 is in another room...

20180112_142517.jpg